Is the base game the only trophy list?

Hi everyone,

I've sometimes seen games on here not have guides for the dlc extensions and stuff, and I'm aware this has stuff like bounty hunter mode and what not. But did they just leave the game with only the base trophy list and not add more like they did with GTAVI Online?

If not then how long does it take to get just the online stuff out of the way if things went according to plan? 

8 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Yep, this is all there is.  

Cheers lad. Just looked at your trophy list and noticed it looks like you got the online stuff out of the way first. How long did it take you to get all the online trophies?

I'm really considering the game, but the only requirements is putting me off as well as hearing only the hackers seem to be around these days. 

Miracles happen. Rockstar didn't release any DLC for this game.

I'm not sure about the hacker stuff, though. I got my plat 2 years ago, and the online players looked alright at the time. I also took care of every online trophy first, because I hate online trophies to death. So, I got everything sorted out in 8 days (playing every single day). The hardest trophies are probably going to be reaching level 50, which takes a long time, and winning MVP 3 times (if you manage to find fair players instead of hackers, you might want to try the "capture the flag" mode, or the one where you take some bags into the enemy camp, everyone is so busy killing each other that it's fairly easy to get MVP, since in these modes the MVP is the one who gets more flags or bags, and not the one who kills most enemies). There are 1 or 2 trophies that requires co-op, but you might get some people in the gaming sessions section of this site.

I saw earlier this morning on social media that Rockstar posted a reel with an eerily green colour, and the first thing I thought was maybe they'll have an Undead DLC for this game! Then I realized it's 4/20 and they were just referencing weed 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, DanteIshimura said:

Cheers lad. Just looked at your trophy list and noticed it looks like you got the online stuff out of the way first. How long did it take you to get all the online trophies?

I'm really considering the game, but the only requirements is putting me off as well as hearing only the hackers seem to be around these days. 

I did it when it first came out. There’s a lot more stuff to do now, so not the best to ask.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Boni_Neto said:

Miracles happen. Rockstar didn't release any DLC for this game.

I'm not sure about the hacker stuff, though. I got my plat 2 years ago, and the online players looked alright at the time. I also took care of every online trophy first, because I hate online trophies to death. So, I got everything sorted out in 8 days (playing every single day). The hardest trophies are probably going to be reaching level 50, which takes a long time, and winning MVP 3 times (if you manage to find fair players instead of hackers, you might want to try the "capture the flag" mode, or the one where you take some bags into the enemy camp, everyone is so busy killing each other that it's fairly easy to get MVP, since in these modes the MVP is the one who gets more flags or bags, and not the one who kills most enemies). There are 1 or 2 trophies that requires co-op, but you might get some people in the gaming sessions section of this site.

Great info

Yeah I saw the posse trophies. Don't seem as bad as the first redemption game where you needed 10 people. But yeah I have used the boosting section of this website in the past. 

Eight days seems good. I'd also have to get a months PS+. I'll definitely give it some thought, but the online is a major put off me, especially when considering the game for this completion profile. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DanteIshimura said:

It took me a month between getting the first and last online trophy, although I seem to rememeber not playing for almost three weeks during that time. It probably took me 25 hours of game time from memory.

The biggest grind is hitting Level 50. The easiest way to do this is to pick the Collector job and use the below map to just go from point to point digging everything up. You get more XP for selling things in sets so ideally you want to do as much each day as possible because the locations/treasures rotate each day.

https://jeanropke.github.io/RDR2CollectorsMap/

The MVP trophy is the only one that's skill dependant. I did it on horse racing, and it took me maybe 15 attempts total. They're pretty chaotic so all it takes is to catch a decent break and you'll get it. I used the below page to try and memorise the layout of the courses.

https://www.rdr2.org/forums/topic/3399-win-open-races-consistently/

Edited by BusyFace13
  • Like 1

Cheers for all the pointers gents. It's a tough one. On one hand the single player seems incredible, but having to do over 20+ hours to get the online crap out of the way is a major put off. But you guys have given some great info and the thread is here for if I change my mind at some point. 

7 minutes ago, DanteIshimura said:

Cheers for all the pointers gents. It's a tough one. On one hand the single player seems incredible, but having to do over 20+ hours to get the online crap out of the way is a major put off. But you guys have given some great info and the thread is here for if I change my mind at some point. 

It took me about a week or so afew hours a night but I was also using the collector job and using the glitch that allows me to spawn in all collectibles possible in each area so lots of collecting lol, lots of XP though so if you go that route it's pretty quick leveling and getting tons of money and gold for the other stuff.

as for MVP there's games where your team has to hold a few positions you can just go to one find a nice dark corner crouch down and as long as your not killed to often and hold it the longest your guaranteed MVP just for sitting in the corner cause it goes by who help a position longest

So possibly a week to do everything and only cause after you collect absolutely everything you can for e spawn in every area that can spawn the collectibles it takes a full 24 hours from first collect to respawn everything 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DanteIshimura said:

The hackers are only really prevalent in the PC version of the game. They sometimes do pop up in the console versions, but they are few and far between. I have about 400 hours in the online portion of the game, maxing out all the roles and general messing about online in free roam, and have never seen 1 hacker at all in the PS4 version. I do usually stay away from the PVP side of the online though.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

It took me about a week or so afew hours a night but I was also using the collector job and using the glitch that allows me to spawn in all collectibles possible in each area so lots of collecting lol, lots of XP though so if you go that route it's pretty quick leveling and getting tons of money and gold for the other stuff.

as for MVP there's games where your team has to hold a few positions you can just go to one find a nice dark corner crouch down and as long as your not killed to often and hold it the longest your guaranteed MVP just for sitting in the corner cause it goes by who help a position longest

So possibly a week to do everything and only cause after you collect absolutely everything you can for e spawn in every area that can spawn the collectibles it takes a full 24 hours from first collect to respawn everything 

Cheers lad. 

The collectibles which also boost the XP is also what is kinda putting me off. I'm aware the main game is full of side collectibles and having to do many in the online makes me think it will actually ruin the single player aspect of collecting. Game looks incredible but as per usual the online side is really putting me off. 

23 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

The hackers are only really prevalent in the PC version of the game. They sometimes do pop up in the console versions, but they are few and far between. I have about 400 hours in the online portion of the game, maxing out all the roles and general messing about online in free roam, and have never seen 1 hacker at all in the PS4 version. I do usually stay away from the PVP side of the online though.

Cheers. 

In terms of the trophies. Which ones require PVP, is it the MVP and posse trophies?

Also how is the game optimized for the PS4, as in does it run great or have they dump so much stuff in the code that it causes the PS4 to turn into a jet engine like God of  War in pause mode lol?

Edited by DanteIshimura

19 minutes ago, DanteIshimura said:

Cheers. 

In terms of the trophies. Which ones require PVP, is it the MVP and posse trophies?

Also how is the game optimized for the PS4, as in does it run great or have they dump so much stuff in the code that it causes the PS4 to turn into a jet engine like God of  War in pause mode lol?

The only real PVP trophy is the MVP one, but even then you can get it in the horse races mode. There is also one for taking part in a series, but you can do that one in horse races too. The posse ones are more like co-op, although there is a trophy for sabotaging a rival posse's free roam event, but you can do that by destroying something they are transporting. I'm pretty sure you can get every online trophy in the game without ever having to shoot another real player.

As for performance, the game does stutter a bit when you are moving around the map from one section to the next, sometimes freezing for a brief second. That kind of thing never bothers me though, and doesn't take away from my enjoyment.

Edited by Stevieboy

23 minutes ago, DanteIshimura said:

Cheers lad. 

The collectibles which also boost the XP is also what is kinda putting me off. I'm aware the main game is full of side collectibles and having to do many in the online makes me think it will actually ruin the single player aspect of collecting. Game looks incredible but as per usual the online side is really putting me off. 

Cheers. 

Shouldn't ruin it at all it does take a few hours each day doing it like I did but I was honestly just trying to finish ASAP and be done lol it's not to bad honestly most every place u need to go you can just fast travel to or near get the stuff move to next spot you can totally just leave for last. Or just do a different job entirely to raise your level to 50 collecting us just the fastest and in my opinion pretty fun and honestly almost nothing like the main game. 

Main game the hardest collection thing is the animals cause you have to have specific weapons for specific animals and some animals are a pain in the ass to spawn the games not "easy" or "quick" no matter how you cut it it's still likely to be 200+ hours but I found it alot easier than grand theft auto 5 by a long shot

On 4/20/2024 at 6:13 PM, Stevieboy said:

The only real PVP trophy is the MVP one, but even then you can get it in the horse races mode. There is also one for taking part in a series, but you can do that one in horse races too. The posse ones are more like co-op, although there is a trophy for sabotaging a rival posse's free roam event, but you can do that by destroying something they are transporting. I'm pretty sure you can get every online trophy in the game without ever having to shoot another real player.

As for performance, the game does stutter a bit when you are moving around the map from one section to the next, sometimes freezing for a brief second. That kind of thing never bothers me though, and doesn't take away from my enjoyment.

Do you have to get three wins in a row or just three wins in total?

On 4/20/2024 at 5:33 PM, Taliesin_2943 said:

How does the glitch work? The level 50 is also putting me off. I only have few online trophies left. Did all the "annoying" ones.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix

4 hours ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

How does the glitch work? The level 50 is also putting me off. I only have few online trophies left. Did all the "annoying" ones.

there's the whole playlist tells you how to do it and where each area is still some are missing but it's enough to get you through you can still look around for anything may have missed

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DanteIshimura said:

Do you have to get three wins in a row or just three wins in total?

Just 3 in total. It was RDR1 that required 3 wins in a row. Thankfully they didn't keep that requirement for RDR2.

34 minutes ago, DanteIshimura said:

Also does dying cost you anything in the game like losing items or cash?

Dying doesn't cost you anything in this game.

Also, I should point out that if you are going to go down the collector role route of levelling up, that R* do bonuses for roles that last a month throughout the year (they sometimes skip a role and give the bonuses to their Blood Money missions, or in the case of this month, just for free roam missions). The collector role is due for a bonus month soon, and many believe it might be next month, so you might want to hold out. The collector role usually involves xp bonuses (as well as money bonuses) for full sets handed in, so it's worth waiting until the bonus is active. I managed to level up from 0 to 50 in just a few days when the bonuses were active in the collector role.

R* post here with the details of what bonuses are active: https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/events

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DanteIshimura said:

In that video where he shows the 3 spots for to show the exploit. Could you do that over and over and would they be different or just the same cards?

Also does dying cost you anything in the game like losing items or cash?

Once you force spawn everything into the area it's tapped out for 24 real world hours. But some areas have a lot of collectibles in the area and 2 towns you have to force spawn in a certain spot collect everything in that area then move to the other side of town and do it again cause the force spawns only effect a certain area around where u stand when you do it 

But lots of collectibles in a fairly small area so your going to be getting a lot of money and xp each day and it takes a few hours to do all areas but 24 hours from the first so if u do things in a certain order the next night/day do in that order and everything will be ready once you get to them :) it's 24 hours for each collectible so it works out 

But like I said definitely explore a it I've found a few items like at a mail office near the train tracks in van Horn for example 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

R* post here with the details of what bonuses are active: https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/events

Cheers lad. Much appreciated.

9 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Once you force spawn everything into the area it's tapped out for 24 real world hours. But some areas have a lot of collectibles in the area and 2 towns you have to force spawn in a certain spot collect everything in that area then move to the other side of town and do it again cause the force spawns only effect a certain area around where u stand when you do it 

But lots of collectibles in a fairly small area so your going to be getting a lot of money and xp each day and it takes a few hours to do all areas but 24 hours from the first so if u do things in a certain order the next night/day do in that order and everything will be ready once you get to them :) it's 24 hours for each collectible so it works out 

But like I said definitely explore a it I've found a few items like at a mail office near the train tracks in van Horn for example 

So if I were to go for the online. I would first need to work towards the 3 MVP wins in PVP. Can everything else then be done in free mode?

The one thing I loved about GTAV Online was that you could stump your connection speed so that you had a free rome lobby to yourself when you didn't want random tools messing your game up. 

I was actually close to buying the ultimate edition yesterday, but I made a post how I keep all my purchases on an old account and none of my completion accounts. Some games pass across everything when you play on a different account, but some exclusive online bonuses only work on the purchased account and I was informed that this was the case with RDR2 ultimate edition bonuses. 

So I'm going to wait for the next set of sales and hopefully the standard version for £18.99 will be on the new sales this Wednesday. That way I can get a months PS+ and save a little money instead of getting the UE and a months PS+.

Edited by DanteIshimura

3 hours ago, DanteIshimura said:

Cheers lad. Much appreciated.

So if I were to go for the online. I would first need to work towards the 3 MVP wins in PVP. Can everything else then be done in free mode?

The one thing I loved about GTAV Online was that you could stump your connection speed so that you had a free rome lobby to yourself when you didn't want random tools messing your game up. 

I was actually close to buying the ultimate edition yesterday, but I made a post how I keep all my purchases on an old account and none of my completion accounts. Some games pass across everything when you play on a different account, but some exclusive online bonuses only work on the purchased account and I was informed that this was the case with RDR2 ultimate edition bonuses. 

So I'm going to wait for the next set of sales and hopefully the standard version for £18.99 will be on the new sales this Wednesday. That way I can get a months PS+ and save a little money instead of getting the UE and a months PS+.

The pvp stuff is in a different setting it's not in free roam like y go to a place and it pulls u into a lobby ect (except posse stuff but u can boost that with someone. For the most part when I played the other players in the world left you alone with a few random trolls but you are free to change servers to get away from them usually other people are doing their own thing u don't attack them they don't attack you so it's fairly easy going :)

Huh I seem to remember on GTA 5 you could just intentionally choose to play in your own empty lobby or set it to passive so you was effectively a ghost so no one could effect your game playing without doing all that internet stumping lol

But no such luck in Dr online but most folks just wanna pretend to be cowboys and cow girls and not go attacking everyone lol

Edited by Taliesin_2943

Posted (edited)

Well the base game wasn't on the new sales so I'm gonna knock the idea on the head. Still grateful for the info you chaps have provided. Many thanks. 

EDIT

Caved in and managed to get the Ultimate Edition before the sale for April ended. Says it will take 9 hours to download, so hopefully this time tomorrow I will be able to play the game. Will get a months PS+ then too. No point in losing a day on it just incase. 

Edited by DanteIshimura

Posted (edited)
On 4/22/2024 at 8:25 PM, Taliesin_2943 said:

I gave it and bought the UE version before it left the sale. 

Can you go straight into online mode or does it force you into the main game first?

Also. Any advice for beginner items I will need or anything like going into online? Got another 8 hours of downloading which will be around 1-2am for me. Will start the game properly tomorrow afternoon. 

Edited by DanteIshimura