I am become death didn’t unlock

Thomas2400

So I have the I am become death quest and I ran through a silo and at the end someone I was in a party with set off the nuke and I didn’t get the trophy or quest completion 

I thought it didn’t matter who set the nukes off at the end of mission, I also have the step that requires you to find nuclear code pieces but I thought you could skip that 

Did they patch it so you have to do every step or be the person who sets the nuke off? 

Posted (edited)

You have to launch the nuke yourself.

Edit: from the guide: "Note that you need to be the one to actually launch the nuke for this trophy to pop, if you tagged along on a teammate's quest you will not get this trophy. "

Edited by breakXedge

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, breakXedge said:

Edit: from the guide: "Note that you need to be the one to actually launch the nuke for this trophy to pop, if you tagged along on a teammate's quest you will not get this trophy. "

The is very frustrating, I should have double checked the guide 

I was seeing posts on Reddit saying people have had the mission complete just being in a team where a player launched a nuke and they weren’t even taking part, so I thought the team mate doing it wouldn’t matter 

Oh well I’ll just get better equipment and do another run I guess 

Edit: wait a minute literally seconds after writing this someone launched a nuke and I got the trophy, not sure how it works now at all 

Edited by Thomas2400
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I didn’t launch the nuke and was in fact at Treetops when someone in my team launched it and I got the trophy. Game does what it feels like when it comes to trophies popping.

Edited by Feral
  • Like 3

On 5/3/2024 at 5:01 PM, Feral said:

I didn’t launch the nuke and was in fact at Treetops when someone in my team launched it and I got the trophy. Game does what it feels like when it comes to trophies popping.

Same for me. I was in public event and I had "I am become death" mission active and someone from my team launched the nuke and I still got the trophy. I had visited one of the silos before that tho. 

• Like 1

This trophy has always been a bit iffy. It took me 2 attempts to get it, the first time I was within the blast range of someone else's nuke but didn't get it. The second time, I launched it myself, then made sure I was in the dead center of the blast when the nuke hit - which is what popped the trophy.

17 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This trophy has always been a bit iffy. It took me 2 attempts to get it, the first time I was within the blast range of someone else's nuke but didn't get it. The second time, I launched it myself, then made sure I was in the dead center of the blast when the nuke hit - which is what popped the trophy.

I believe the OP is referring to the trophy that requires launching the nuke yourself ('I Am Become Death')

The trophy you're referring to is 'Ground Zero' which is to be in the centre of a nuke blast (resulting in instant death). The trophy isn't really "buggy" like the guide says - you just have to be right in the centre of it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

I believe the OP is referring to the trophy that requires launching the nuke yourself ('I Am Become Death')

The trophy you're referring to is 'Ground Zero' which is to be in the centre of a nuke blast (resulting in instant death). The trophy isn't really "buggy" like the guide says - you just have to be right in the centre of it. 

Crud :facepalm:. Sorry, my bad - I always get those 2 mixed up for some reason :(.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2024 at 3:13 AM, breakXedge said:

not true i got it when someone on my team did it while on quest n was in silo working on getting to te nuke part lol./ 

• Like 1