Never played fallout 76 - Couple of questions

Hey guys. Got a few questions as I have never played fallout 76 before.

1. Can all online trophies including dlc be done with random people and if not, possible to do it with an alt?

2. Safe to play and go for 100% in 2024?

3. Anything in particular I should have in mind in regards to trophies that takes awhile/grindy?

Any other tips would also be appreciated! 

Posted (edited)

Yea you can just play online with random people and 100% is achievable as of writing. Servers are always active and most players are very friendly. Join teams for extra xp, etc. You’ll eventually have to do a second play through but it’s not too bad. 

As for grind, lvl 100, collectibles, hacking 50 terminals are some that might take a while but there’s ways around it and videos/guides to help you with them if you’re struggling. 

My best advice, play and enjoy the game. Maybe take note of the missable trophies and you should be fine. The game is in a much better state than it was at launch. It’s actually great with friends, slightly more tedious solo. 

Good luck! 

Edited by sharkyaya
  • Like 3

I encourage you to start. I absolutely LOVE it so far. It’s a good idea to pair with someone for the PVP trophies to knock that out of the way. The earliest that you can start PVP is a level 5. I think it would be frustrating trying to get the PVP trophies with randoms, especially if most of the players have pacifist mode enabled   Overall, the community is amazing. Reminds me of the old WOW days. It’s the complete opposite of GTA5 and RDR2 online when everyone seems to sabotage each other. More mature and respectful community that caters towards helping others. 

I am stumped on how the ‘Bounty Hunter’ trophy works. Any efficient tips to get this done efficiently with another player?

• Like 3

Just don’t do it to yourself, there’s literally thousands of games that are better, play any of those instead, if that’s not enough to deter you, how about the fact you’ll be locked into this garbage for the foreseeable future as they continue to add new dlc trophies every year, and have a roadmap planned for at least the next 2 years, PLAY SOMETHING GOOD 👍 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, kkulifay said:

I encourage you to start. I absolutely LOVE it so far. It’s a good idea to pair with someone for the PVP trophies to knock that out of the way. The earliest that you can start PVP is a level 5. I think it would be frustrating trying to get the PVP trophies with randoms, especially if most of the players have pacifist mode enabled   Overall, the community is amazing. Reminds me of the old WOW days. It’s the complete opposite of GTA5 and RDR2 online when everyone seems to sabotage each other. More mature and respectful community that caters towards helping others. 

I am stumped on how the ‘Bounty Hunter’ trophy works. Any efficient tips to get this done efficiently with another player?

Have a friend pick the lock on your base. This will make them instantly 'wanted' in which case you can kill them and get the trophy. 😊

• Like 1

@UlvenFenrir   I just got my second 100% stack (first on Playstation, then on Series X) and the game is better than ever.

It's totally safe in 2024. There are no glitched trophies and all the PVP ones can be boosted with a friend. You may encounter the rare bug on a quest line but these are easily resolved either by fast travelling or logging out. Being a live service means that Bethesda updates and resolves issues quickly, and they've actually made many of the trophies easier to obtain based on feedback.

For instance, XP gain is faster than before because enemies now scale to your level, and there's more content making it easier to reach level 100 (whereas before you had to rely on the Whitespring golf club farm). The formerly annoying trophies like daily faction reputation is much better because the amount of rep you earn has drastically increased, and there's a repeatable event tied to factions. (There's also an exploit with one of the factions that still works to make this even faster). You still have to grind expeditions for the stamps to the auto axe but the auto axe plan is currently available in the atom shop last time I looked.

My advice is just to play the game at your own pace. Do all the quest lines, try to participate in events etc. You'll get any of the trophies naturally that way. The only ones you should keep in mind are the collectable ones like terminals, lockpicks, bobbleheads and magazines - and even they have consistent farming locations. I'd be surprised if you didn't get like half of these just by playing.

Lastly, the only missable trophies are the two that cancel each other out - 'Go for the Gold' and 'Golden Future'. You can't get them on one character because they require you to side with a faction (locking you out of the other faction's quest) so you will need to start a second character . Thankfully, with the level 20 boost you can start the Wastelanders questlines on your second character right away since you need to be level 20 minimum to finish it.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Have a friend pick the lock on your base. This will make them instantly 'wanted' in which case you can kill them and get the trophy. 😊

I was hoping you’d come to the rescue :)   Quick follow-up, I tried building a door so that I could sequentially add the lock at my CAMP last night. I had no available plans to build a door so can I add a lock to other items, like a storage bin? Not trying to high jack, but hope this discussion helps the OP and others that are new to Fallout 76. There’s a lot to learn. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Hey guys. Got a few questions as I have never played fallout 76 before.

1. Can all online trophies including dlc be done with random people and if not, possible to do it with an alt?

3. Anything in particular I should have in mind in regards to trophies that takes awhile/grindy?

Any other tips would also be appreciated! 

1: The game is online only but you will need to boost the MP trophies because that side of the game is virtually dead since almost no-one actively engages in PVP any more, outside of the occasional idiot you tries to break into someone else's CAMP or steal something for a laugh. It also doesn't help that some of the PVP elements have been patched out due to lack of player interest, plus some of it was just broken and unfair for new players.

2: Hacking and griefing is virtually non-existent these days, now all the notable griefing exploits have been nuked (no pun intended) so are primarily a PC thing.

3: The only serious grinds are: Hitting Lv 100, Maxing out your Reputation with both factions, earning 1,500 Gold Bullion, getting 100 Auto-Axe kills (if you don't buy the Auto-Axe bundle whilst it's still in the Atomic Shop, thus saving yourself a 50-80 Stamp Grind) and killing 100 Overgrown with a Flamethrower but most of these will come naturally if you start actively focusing on them early on. Also, do the Monster Mash event as soon as it appears on the map, because it's a very rare spawn that only shows up when it feels like it, plus it can be extremely buggy so be prepared for a fair bit of frustration. There are plenty of build and tips videos on Youtube for practically everything these days so don't be afraid to look the, up if you get stuck.

I have to note as well, that the latest patch has made the game stupidly unstable for some reason, especially when trying to complete the current Seasonal Event.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, kkulifay said:

I was hoping you’d come to the rescue :)   Quick follow-up, I tried building a door so that I could sequentially add the lock at my CAMP last night. I had no available plans to build a door so can I add a lock to other items, like a storage bin? Not trying to high jack, but hope this discussion helps the OP and others that are new to Fallout 76. There’s a lot to learn. 

Are you sure you don't have door plans? You should have the basic wooden one by default IIRC. Did you try clicking the d pad to scroll through the doors when in build mode? Sometimes the first door that shows are the atom shop ones so the ones you actually own can be easy to miss. if not, you can buy the door plans from a train station.

As for whether it will work on a storage bin and other locked items, I'm not sure.  However, the idea of becoming 'wanted' is that your friend is trying to break into something that belongs to another player (i.e. you) so, logically, it should work, but I cannot confirm. Worth testing out though.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Are you sure you don't have door plans? You should have the basic wooden one by default IIRC. Did you try clicking the d pad to scroll through the doors when in build mode? Sometimes the first door that shows are the atom shop ones so the ones you actually own can be easy to miss. if not, you can buy the door plans from a train station.

As for whether it will work on a storage bin and other locked items, I'm not sure.  However, the idea of becoming 'wanted' is that your friend is trying to break into something that belongs to another player (i.e. you) so, logically, it should work, but I cannot confirm. Worth testing out though.

Must have glanced over during my initial inspection. The wooden door was available. Selected the wall structure with the correct variant that had a hollow space in the middle, affixed the wooden door, and pressed ‘L2’ on the purchased door to buy a basic lock. Voila!  Thank you. 

Edited by kkulifay
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Make sure you give yourself enough intelligence and Perception to ensure you can hack any computer and pick any lock. This will help you navigate a lot of areas, and work towards the respective trophies. You should also regularly scrap your junk at the camp, so you have ample materials. Otherwise, just do the quests and you can't really miss anything.

• Like 1