Recommended build for DLCs

Shaakaa82

Im currently lv89 and to reach lv100 is the only trophy left for platinum, but I want to do the DLCs too, so I want to know is there is a better build of what Im using right now.

My stats are S12, P15, E1, C4, I5, A15, L4 and I like to play solo with a mixed rifle/shotgun stealth build, so my only weapons are fixer and combat shotgun, both with supressor, one for long rage and the other for close combat.

I have seen many people with a lot of radiaton and very low health to gain a lot of stats, but it seems to be very risky for me. Any recommendation?

Posted (edited)

I just use a bog standard Auto-Axe build, no bloodied/mutation abilities needed :). Melee and Bloodied builds are massively OP in this game but even without Mutations, you can still do serious damage with just an upgraded Chainsaw and maxed out Strength and Agility, plus some maxed out Melee focused Perk Cards :). Here's the latest Chainsaw/Auto-Axe build:

Shotguns and most other weapons are pretty useless in the endgame, without very specific builds but the Fixer can be good with the right mods, perk cards and Legendary Mods installed.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

I went with a melee like @HuntingFever and shredded everything. All DLC's trophies were just a walk in the park, and you can get the autoaxe at the atomic shop (still I think?). Just get a flamer (I went with the standard one) to kill the overgrowns and you're golden.

• Like 1

Thanks for you fast answers and tips. I will take a look to that build but it seems I would have to do a big invest in perks and not to mention it is a completely different playstyle from what I used to do in every Fallout game. And even if shotguns are not that good in endgame, what I love about them is the enforcer perk, so no robot stand a chance against me.

Once I get that weapons and some perks I will try.

2 minutes ago, Shaakaa82 said:

Thanks for you fast answers and tips. I will take a look to that build but it seems I would have to do a big invest in perks and not to mention it is a completely different playstyle from what I used to do in every Fallout game. And even if shotguns are not that good in endgame, what I love about them is the enforcer perk, so no robot stand a chance against me.

Once I get that weapons and some perks I will try.

Ideally you need to start thinking about your endgame build at Lv25 but no later than Lv50 so you have plenty of time to locate all the items needed for it, else you will add many unnecessary hours of grinding to your time to Plat/100%. Robots are only a small part of the overall enemy pool in the endgame so focusing too heavily on a build for killing them, will bite you hard in the ass later on when you have to take out something a lot tougher such as a Wendigo or Scorchbeast. I had a Shotgun I absolutely loved but when it came to taking on the Pitt, I was given an extremely rude awakening as to how utterly crap they are during the endgame :(.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

To be honest, for the 100% an overpowered build isn't entirely necessary, a decent gun and perks should get you through without a whole lot of trouble.

But anyways, I use heavy guns (non PA except for bosses), and roll with the Holy Fire at and a AA/E/90 50 cal, the holy fire is good for general use, it's also relatively easy to get, since it's an event item, I bought it for 40 caps and 600 for another I plan to re-roll for boss damage, which is what I use the 50 cal for, which is good for bosses and fair on ammo, not on par with bloodied but it does its job.

The main thing is perk cards, you can have a great weapon and it can do bad, sometimes I'll swap out a couple of a couple of strength perks so I can temporarily carry more and the damage reduction is very noticeable. These are perks I use, swap glowing sight for Grenadier and Insperational or Friendly Fire for bodyguards or the perks of your choice

Build 

You might not have enough points total because the majority of my legendary perks are for extra points, so focus on strength, Luck, Agilty then charisma and intelligence.

also get serums & mutations, herd mentality mainly and others you may want such as marsupial, using starched genes will prevent the mutations from going, making you more powerful 

Edited by Lewis_Y123
  • Like 1

I don't have access to my build ATM, but I have been rolling Power Armor and a 50 Cal since Wastlanders. I'm not the ultimate badass that some meta builds are, but there is nothing I have run into that I can't tank/DPS. I made a second build that's pure crafting so I can repair and make ammo for cheaper, and have not seen the need to switch since.