Any way to get my saves?

So I recently found my old PS3. It was at my step dad's in a box. Along with it I found all my old PS3 games and I really want to replace some of them. However when I turned on my PS3 the HDMI doesn't work anymore. I don't know if it's broken or corroded or what. The PlayStation 3 turns on just fine and acts normally but it's just the HDMI. 

I don't know how to repair it and I've called a few places and it would cost about $200 to repair. Back then I didn't have PS plus so none of the games are stored on the cloud. My girlfriend does have a newer slim PS3 but that doesn't help me get my saves.

Does anyone know any tricks or any way that I can get my old saves from my old PS3 so I can play it on my girlfriend's PS3 

Or am I doomed to just start everything over

Turn the other PS3 on and mimic the process to select all and copy the saves. It's only a few button presses. If it's a few years since used then you would need to device password setup which would be a pain, you could just use a usb to get the saves but some may not copy due to not being allowed. 

1 hour ago, Stargazer2600 said:

So I recently found my old PS3. It was at my step dad's in a box. Along with it I found all my old PS3 games and I really want to replace some of them. However when I turned on my PS3 the HDMI doesn't work anymore. I don't know if it's broken or corroded or what. The PlayStation 3 turns on just fine and acts normally but it's just the HDMI. 

I don't know how to repair it and I've called a few places and it would cost about $200 to repair. Back then I didn't have PS plus so none of the games are stored on the cloud. My girlfriend does have a newer slim PS3 but that doesn't help me get my saves.

Does anyone know any tricks or any way that I can get my old saves from my old PS3 so I can play it on my girlfriend's PS3 

Or am I doomed to just start everything over

Did you already do the video reset by holding some button while the PS3 is booting? You’ll have to look it up, but it might just be that your console is trying to display some other way and needs a reset. It’d be cheaper to get a component or composite output cable, as it might not even need a repair. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Did you already do the video reset by holding some button while the PS3 is booting? You’ll have to look it up, but it might just be that your console is trying to display some other way and needs a reset. It’d be cheaper to get a component or composite output cable, as it might not even need a repair. 

I'll try it but when I turn the system on my TV says no signal but it wouldn't hurt to try it

Hold the power button when you turn it on. After the second set of beeps, it should reboot & allow you to set the display output resolution. 

• Like 2