xZoneHunter's platinum Zone.

xZoneHunter

• 2 weeks later...

:platinum: #101 Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One 1S6a7c7e.png

This has got to be the most mediocre, boring R&C i've played. The story was passable, but the gameplay really put me off. Even though it was kinda fun playing co-op, once you delved in alone the game had nothing to offer. The game had some serious AI issues as well. I had to restart some checkpoints because my AI partner was stuck or didn't want to do what he's supposed to do. All in all, i'm glad i finally got this plat and never have to touch the game again.

:platinum: #102 Alice: Madness Returns 1S309f14.png

This game had style. The art, atmosphere were top notch. I really love how they managed to give a new life Alice and Wonderland. Alice: Madness Returns has got to be my favorite interpretation of the old story so far.

Qua gameplay it feels like a regular Hack 'n Slash with a lot of platforming segments. Which in itself isn't bad, because it works. Although your arsenal of weapons and upgrades are really limited which makes the gameplay stale after a while, as you're just doing the same combo's over and over again. 

All in all, I really enjoyed this game. Would definitely recommend it to anyone. Also, Alice looks bad ass in her steampunk dress!

:platinum: #103 & 104 Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time 1S6a25ec.png

It isn't often when a sequel to a franchise originated on an older generation is this good. The game felt as a true sequel. Will be looking forward for another installment in the franchise!

Although, when they do - i hope they leave the minigames behind....

• 3 weeks later...

:hidden:  #17 Blacklight: Retribution 1Sa673ad.png

I never thought i'd 100% this to be honest. Out of nowhere they patched the trophies so that they were significantly easier to obtain. :D

For a F2P shooter this was pretty fun. I really liked to go nuts in Free For All with the Katana :D Since it's a F2P shooter it did lack some variety in guns, killstreaks and modes. Connectivity wasn't always the best either. I played about 290 matches before i got every trophy, so i can safely say i had my fill of Blacklight: Retribution xD

Edited by Zone Hunter

• 3 weeks later...

:platinum: #105 Remember Me 1Sd5afdf.png

This game was looked promising. The setting and environments are pretty sweet, but unfortunately the game itself wasn't really that special. If i had to describe the game with one word it would've been, OK. That's really all i can say about it, lol.

:platinum: #106 Megadimension Neptunia V-II 1S8c035a.png

I have waited for this game for quite a while, but it was totally worth it! This game improved on every aspect from its predecessor, and introduced some new awesome characters. Trophy wise it wasn't much different from the other nep games, apart from the card trophies i had a lot of fun with this platinum. Can't wait for the next Nep game :awesome:

Edited by Zone Hunter

• 1 month later...

:platinum: #107 Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth 1S2023f0.png

Honestly, i've never been a die hard Digimon fan. But craving another turn based JRPG i bought this on a whim after playing it by a friend. I did not expect it to be this good. Training and raising Digimon was just so much fun. I spend way too much in the digifarm trying to get new digimon that i could add to my digidex digimon field guide. 

Trophy wise it was quite the grind and RNG based. The game definitely wasn't perfect, especially the online could use some patching. I had a number of freezes and dc's which made the whole thing frustrating.

:platinum: #108 Dragon Quest: Heroes 1Sb3aea8.png

Having only played one DQ game in my life, DQ: VIII, i kind of bought this on a whim (I do that more than i'd like to admit...) When i first loaded it up, the game blew me away. DQ: Heroes has got to be one of the prettiest games i've played on the PS4. The art style just fit so well with the game. The gameplay got stale after a while, but the story kept me from being bored.

Trophy wise this was fairly more difficult than i expected. Once you finish the game there isn't much else to do than grind until you get to the end game stuff. But this has got to be one of the worst grind i've ever done. Killing king metal slimes when you're barely level 50 is very frustrating. Other than that, fuck Zoma.

:platinum: #109 Vanquish 1Sfc8fbf.png

I've always heard many good things about this game and now that i've finally played it, i can only praise it further. The gameplay is fast, fun and most of all, makes you feel like an absolute badass. But as much as i liked it, it wasn't perfect. Story wise the game doesn't even grasp the universe it's trying to create. It sets such a good mood and doesn't do anything with it which in the end will leave you unsatisfied. 

But trophy wise is where the real fun begins, Challenge 4 & 6. Let's just say it's a good thing youtube exists nowadays. Pretty sure i wouldn't have been able to do it without the proper guidance.

:platinum: #110 Gravity Rush: Remastered 1S07d851.png

It hasn't been too long since i played the original on the vita (give or take 2 years) The struggle with the sliding controls and nausea inducing camera, still fresh in my mind i went in this remaster. And i have to say, all the bad things about the vita version are resolved. The sliding works a lot better, flying in zero gravity doesn't disorientate you anymore and above all they really improved the look of the game - which is something i can't say about other remasters. The game washed away the minor bad taste the vita version left and made me ready for its sequel, bring on Gravity Rush 2!

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 1