GT6 - Ayrton Senna Tribute

Shirrako

The Silver trophy that comes with the update 1.08 requires you to win gold in every Ayrton Senna Tribute event.

Monza & Brands hatch are probably the hardest races to gold in the game (Especially Brands Hatch)

You shouid turn traction control off and leave abs at 1 when attempting this legendary challenge.

Here are some videos that may help you get gold in these events.

KART GOLD

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqgjUkn-xr8

F3 GOLD

www.youtube.com/watch?v=txkuaRc0hlw

Lotus F1 97T Monza

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNPh30inVTM

Lotus F1 97T Brands Hatch

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAm0JcQxcfs

I've managed to do the first three challenges with no real problem, but been having trouble with the Lotus F1 97T on Brands Hatch. Need to beat 1.07:169 for gold and my best currently stands at 1.07:460.

Will have to keep practicing though!

i used a controller. being in cockpit view makes this 100% easier

Yeah I only ever use cockpit view, the problem I have is having getting a consistent lap, I can do 9 out of 10 corners near perfect then butcher one and you're done, without traction control if the arse slides out it's so hard not to over compensate with a controller, I find anyways. Plus it doesn't help I haven't played GT in months lol. But it's the only one I need and I WILL do it eventually :P

Yeah I only ever use cockpit view, the problem I have is having getting a consistent lap, I can do 9 out of 10 corners near perfect then butcher one and you're done, without traction control if the arse slides out it's so hard not to over compensate with a controller, I find anyways. Plus it doesn't help I haven't played GT in months lol. But it's the only one I need and I WILL do it eventually :P

the 1st turn was my only problem. it took my 3 hours to beat the time though!!! man it was tough. but at least you get the car as a reward :)

the 1st turn was my only problem. it took my 3 hours to beat the time though!!! man it was tough. but at least you get the car as a reward :)

Yeah Paddock Hill...evil, evil turn. It's so hard to get it just right because if you're even slightly off the perfect line you understeer like crazy. I really wish I had a wheel, it'd make it so much easier >_<

• Like 1

How many people are using controllers for this and not wheels? I just straight up can't do Brands Hatch with a controller.  :unsure:

I'm using a controller. I've managed to do all the challenges fairly easily apart from the final Brands Hatch challenge. I did my first lap, just to get a feel for the car, and I was 4.5 seconds off the gold, and knew this was going to be tough. After about an hour of trying and trying again, I managed to get my time down. My best is 0.3 seconds off the gold and I am gutted I can't do any better! I'll get it done though I know I can.

I set my traction control to 5,active steering on mild and ABS to 1 (I think). The Paddock Hill corner is tricky, I tend to drift slightly to the left of the racing line as I approach the turn, dab the brakes and then let it roll about half way around before putting the power back down. The grip should hopefully launch off the exit of the turn. I tend to get a slow get away on the following hairpin and thats what costs me the gold I think.

Finally did it last night with a really worn out sixaxis controller. Steering on mild, tcs 1 and abs on 1. It honestly took me 5 hours or so. The most frustrating part was knowing if you could string all of it together you'd do it easy but I would most definitely crash.

There was one time where it was going to be touch and go to doing it but my car veered off into the right hand barrier on the start/finish straight. Stupid controller.

Finally nailed it!! Got a 1:06:565. One thing that's really helpful is taking the low speed corners in fourth and then as soon as you clear it gear down, it a good alternative to throttle control which is very limited using a controller.

• 1 month later...

Why did they add downloadable content with trophys to the game? I don't have my white DualShock 3 anymore and with the one that came with my PS3, which has a somewhat broken left stick i am never going to be able to get a 100% in GT6. I'm truly sad about this... guess i have to live with the 95% game completion.

Edited by RNSKY

• 2 weeks later...

Why did they add downloadable content with trophys to the game? I don't have my white DualShock 3 anymore and with the one that came with my PS3, which has a somewhat broken left stick i am never going to be able to get a 100% in GT6. I'm truly sad about this... guess i have to live with the 95% game completion.

Jeez it's not like you are one of those completionist guys so it shouldn't be that hard for you. You should be glad that the DLC is free tho.