PSP to stop shipping in Japan

HeySumbode

Via The Verge

Nearly ten years after first going on sale in Japan, the PlayStation Portable has reached the end of the line in its home market. Sony confirmed to The Verge that it will stop shipping units to Japanese retailers this month, noting that it made the same move in North America this January. While shipping will also end in Europe at an unspecified date, the portable console is expected to be available in Latin America and other Asian countries for a while longer; Sony isn't stopping production.

This is probably Sony's misguided move of trying to sell more Vita's. Since PSP's are still the big thing in Japan, they reckon if they strangle the PSP, people have got to buy Vita's. Not entirely sure it's gonna work. They should focus of getting more AAA exclusives..

This is probably Sony's misguided move of trying to sell more Vita's. Since PSP's are still the big thing in Japan, they reckon if they strangle the PSP, people have got to buy Vita's. Not entirely sure it's gonna work. They should focus of getting more AAA exclusives..

I didn't know that PSPs are still popular especially in Japan. Sort of sad though that they are discontinuing making PSPs. 

I didn't know that PSPs are still popular especially in Japan. Sort of sad though that they are discontinuing making PSPs. 

Yeah, I only found out a few months ago, but yeah pretty much PSPs are still outselling the Vita in Japan. Shocked me. Kinda dissapointed though, kinda thought Japanese public would've gone for the Vita, and more sales may have encouraged Sony to focus on it a bit more. Even though there are some great games, I'd like more :)