Good RPG Worth Buying?

Muff

well, with all these dam FPS games and CoD flooding the Consoles, I feel like going back to my other favorite genre, RPGs. I've heard of this game, and I do like Gundam and I find Dynasty Warriors fun, but I haven't played DW in a while....so basically, I'm wondering if this is worth buying (no way to rent it <_< )

base your opinion on everything: trophies, characters, graphics, gameplay, music, whatever, i just want some player opinions. And I do not mind if it is like a 100+ hour platinum, at least its not an online boost, right? *I'm looking at you, FEAR 2*

Ontopic, I've heard some people complain about the game being bad, but I have no personal opinion. If anything, I'd suggest you to watch some gameplay videos on youtube, and maybe read the story's premise on Wikipedia.

Now, I'll suggest you some RPGs on the PS3. Just like eburk, I've heard great things about Resonance of Fate, and evne though you've surely read Bounce hating on the game, White Knight Chronicles is one of the RPGs people play the most on the PS3. Might want to check them out..

yeah but im just really kinda wondering about this game because im kinda in a DW mood...and as for the other games, ill check Resonance of Fate out, but WKC i thought about but i watched few reviews and it seems like i might not like it, ill watch gameplaythough if naggles is suggesting it even....plus Bounce has it, so we can rock out on that

yeah but im just really kinda wondering about this game because im kinda in a DW mood...and as for the other games, ill check Resonance of Fate out, but WKC i thought about but i watched few reviews and it seems like i might not like it, ill watch gameplaythough if naggles is suggesting it even....plus Bounce has it, so we can rock out on that

Yeah, reviweres practically shat on the game. Even then, the game has a cult-like following, with many people getting the plat after 500+ hours and still playing the thing. Goes to show you can't always trust reviews.

I really enjoyed Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2. It is anything innovative or amazing, but mixing Dynasty Warriors with Gundam results in a whole lot of fun. Personally, I found DW: Gundam 3 to be more enjoyable than the second, and for whatever reason Gundam 2 is very hard to find. No stores around me had any new or used copies, so I had to resort to eBay in order to get a copy. I purchased a sealed copy for $20 (plus shipping) which isn't bad. As far as trophies, I've heard many people say it's a very time consuming plat and I'd agree with that. I've played for a while and have very few trophies.

As far as other RPG's, White Knight Chronicles is extremely fun. I'm not exactly a huge RPG fan, but I had a very good time with WKC and am very excited for the second one to release.

Parker

• 2 years later...

I just received DW: Gundam 2 and 3 in the mail yesterday (had to Amazon them). They are the price of a popular used game (so $30ish each). Anyways, if you are familiar with any DW games you are familiar with this one. Button-mashing-ho! Seriously, you will spend most of your time mashing the square button. Once you figure out how to combo, you'll be spamming it since its stronger. Anyways, if this gameplay isn't suited for you, you won't like this whole game. If, however, you don't mind button mashers and have even a passing interest in Gundam, I highly suggest this game.

It does look like it will take a while to get the (P) but that's because its a completionist sort of game (collect all characters, mobile suits, gallery items, etc). I have already put a good 6 hours into it and it doesn't feel like it. In order to unlock more things to use you will have to replay some missions most likely. So, again, if you aren't instantly attracted to the gameplay, you aren't going to like ANY of this game.

I will say that it definitely helps to already be a gundam fan and have seen some of the popular series, as the Official Mode runs through the battles seen in the anime. The cutscenes are especially good when it comes to this (The end of the One Year War is a great example).

Hope that helps people! (Yes I know this game is old already :P)

• 7 years later...
  • 6 months later...