Too late?

like meecham has posted you could start with big bosses adventures of mgs3, portable op's and peacewalker...

the mgs games really are just about solid snake and naked snake, bein as naked snakes missions are set before solids it will play out like star wars for you... you'll probably not get the references or jokes at first but when you play mgs, mgs2 and mgs4 theres all kinds of that stuff that will fall into place anyway...

Yeah, the story is not that complicated, while I played I wrote some notes, in the end I don't understand 1 or 2 things but it's not overly complicated

Complicated enough for you to have to take notes right? Too many sequels and prequels. You might understand it but that doesn't mean it isn't all over the place.

• Like 3

Complicated enough for you to have to take notes right? Too many sequels and prequels. You might understand it but that doesn't mean it isn't all over the place.

The story is hella confusing at times and I've played just about all of the MGS games. If you think the story is easy to follow, try listing all the MGS games in chronological order :huh:

• Like 1

Dude the HD collection exists. 2 is good, 3 is great. Peace walker is decent too. Buy the HD collection and MGS 4, they're pretty cheap and you won't regret it. 

If you regret it, I'll I eat my fedora God gave me when I became an atheist.

It's never too late to start a series mate. :)

• Like 1

spoiler alert- sort of...

basically puttin the story simply- big boss is the good guy workin within the goverment but turned slightly dark because the us goverment fucked him over and his former friend turned against him through difference of opinion on all things includin penis size probably... decades later the former friend who is still involved in goverment affairs starts a program to control everythin from presidency to money to weapons and to eventually clone naked snake, the result is solid snake who is the goverments answer to destroy naked and effectively crush goverment nations...

solid doesnt know hes actually part dolly the sheep/part the bad guy but realises he is a pawn and becomes freelance effectively carryin on big boss's vision... so to sum up, the bosses that solid fights are all the good guys tryin to exact vengeance for big boss to try and carry on his legacy whilst the bosses big boss fights are traitors, assholes, former friends, bitches, future allies and major zero's pawns tryin to capture/kill him... zero isnt bad himself, just a dissilussioned bastard...

the one guy who is the real enemy is ocelot who has been playin them all for killin his parents- sorrow/soviet and boss/american... hes the only guy who cannot fully be worked out through the story...

if the story confuses you just think of it like star wars...

- darth is big boss

- luke is solid

- the emporer is ocelot

- zero is dooku

- leia is ugly as fuck

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

The story is hella confusing at times and I've played just about all of the MGS games. If you think the story is easy to follow, try listing all the MGS games in chronological order :huh:

1.) Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (1964) 

2.) Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (1970) 

3.) Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (1974) 

4.) Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (?) 

5.) Metal Gear Solid 5 (?) 

6.) Metal Gear (1995) 

7.) Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (1999) 

8.) Metal Gear Solid (2005) 

9.) Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (2007- 2009) 

10.) Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots (2014) 

11.) Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (2018) 

You are not too late to play the MGS games.

Edited by Eliteninja345

1.) Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (1964) [/size]2.) Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (1970) [/size]3.) Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (1974) [/size]4.) Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (?) [/size]5.) Metal Gear Solid 5 (?) [/size]6.) Metal Gear (1995) [/size]7.) Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (1999) [/size]8.) Metal Gear Solid (2005) [/size]9.) Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (2007- 2009) [/size]10.) Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots (2014) [/size]11.) Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (2018) [/size]

Not bad, but what about the Nintendo games

Not bad, but what about the Nintendo games

he already got the nintendo games, metal gear and metal gear 2: solid snake...

Okay, you got me there. I am going have to use google for that lol

second trip to google for you i take it lol... ground zeroes is 74 to 75 an phantom pain is 85 btw Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

he already got the nintendo games, metal gear and metal gear 2: solid snake...

second trip to google for you i take it lol... ground zeroes is 74 to 75 an phantom pain is 85 btw

I thought Goekie meant list every single Nintendo game that came out lol.

I knew how most of the games in order offhand even though I haven't played all of them. I had use google for some of the games. One can always head over to the Metal Gear Solid Wiki and read about the games and characters if you are confused about something.