Timespinner

Lady Lilith

• 3 weeks later...

They made it to PS4 and Vita.  Everyone is pining for 3DS, but I'm just hoping they make it to Local Coop.

Speaking of kickstarter projects, Shantae: Half-Genie Hero is still accepting backer donations (via paypal) which will go to stretch goals: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Also, Mighty No. 9 is allowing "slacker-backer" donations, which will go to even more stretch goals: http://mightyno9.com/en  The only one they've announced is Japanese and English voice acting for the game.

It's 2014 and you're still making your opinion based on a game's graphics, play the game talk later, no?

Back to the topic, this seems to be an indie game I'd buy

I don't buy a PS4 to play 16 bit games, I've done that 20 years ago.

Yes, I'm with you about that. that's why i didn't buy Lone survivor for PS3, there are some games (imo) meant to be played in small screens, like a handheld or a regular size monitor, but for a typically forty-something hdtv set in the living room I like to play games like god of war or uncharted. And yes, sometimes feels like a waste of resources to use a powerful machine (PS4) for a 16 bits game. And finally, to be fair with the other pole, you can't deny that there are some really enjoyable games with that style in this era :P

Edited by GoldenShaka

I buy a game system to play GOOD games. Regardless of what they look like. The best games on PS3, in my opinion, are not graphical powerhouses: Braid, Lone Survivor, Limbo, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, 3D Dot Game Heros, Pacman CE, The Wolf Among Us etc.

Same goes for the PS4: Octodad, Resogun, Valiant Hearts etc.

on topic - game looks good, I don't believe in paying kickstarters, but if it comes out I reckon ill buy it.

• Like 3

You might want to sell up then, because 16 bit is back in style.

While I'm at it, might as well get rid of my HD tv as well.

I buy a game system to play GOOD games. Regardless of what they look like. The best games on PS3, in my opinion, are not graphical powerhouses: Braid, Lone Survivor, Limbo, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, 3D Dot Game Heros, Pacman CE, The Wolf Among Us etc.

Same goes for the PS4: Octodad, Resogun, Valiant Hearts etc.

on topic - game looks good, I don't believe in paying kickstarters, but if it comes out I reckon ill buy it.

Speak for yourself, if I want to play ugly games I'll buy a Nintendo Wii

Speak for yourself, if I want to play ugly games I'll buy a Nintendo Wii

Er. Hate to say it but there were some pretty good games on the Wii.

You see, it's people like you who always mess up the game society. We used to play for the plot. The story. The Gameplay. Fuck it even the characters we loved, but now?? You see kids in a playground talking about 500 different types of graphics cards, they shun bad graphic games even though they might have the best story in history and you know where they get it from? Youtube, Facebook, Forums, E3, Fucking anywhere. Sure Graphics are a good thing but they dont make the game, If you judge a game by graphics, thinking that they're "Ugly" and actually posting it shows how narrow minded a gamer you are, and this passes onto the younger generations.

I mean for gods sake, nothing has changed between the Ps3 and Ps4 graphic wise anyways. They'll always put 1080p and 60fps on the cover when in reality all they'll put up for a while is games with our usual graphics and fps, Only a few cutscenes will actually be 1080p and 60fps, meaning that you're playing the same game for the lower gen console only with a £10/$10 higher price.

All of this originated from people going on and on about "Ugly Games", because of people with your view everyone's aiming the highest graphics and you know what, if you want quality you might as well sell up and buy a PC, Because that's where we'll be soon.

Just remember where the 1080P all started... in the "ugly" quality.

Rant over

Er. Hate to say it but there were some pretty good games on the Wii.

You see, it's people like you who always mess up the game society. We used to play for the plot. The story. The Gameplay. Fuck it even the characters we loved, but now?? You see kids in a playground talking about 500 different types of graphics cards, they shun bad graphic games even though they might have the best story in history and you know where they get it from? Youtube, Facebook, Forums, E3, Fucking anywhere. Sure Graphics are a good thing but they dont make the game, If you judge a game by graphics, thinking that they're "Ugly" and actually posting it shows how narrow minded a gamer you are, and this passes onto the younger generations.

I mean for gods sake, nothing has changed between the Ps3 and Ps4 graphic wise anyways. They'll always put 1080p and 60fps on the cover when in reality all they'll put up for a while is games with our usual graphics and fps, Only a few cutscenes will actually be 1080p and 60fps, meaning that you're playing the same game for the lower gen console only with a £10/$10 higher price.

All of this originated from people going on and on about "Ugly Games", because of people with your view everyone's aiming the highest graphics and you know what, if you want quality you might as well sell up and buy a PC, Because that's where we'll be soon.

Just remember where the 1080P all started... in the "ugly" quality.

Rant over

Oh please spare me the lecture. I was playing 8/16 bit games long before you were even born. The quality of these games has nothing to do with the graphics and I don't recall making any comments regarding that subject in this thread.

The point is, if you're going to make a Megaman rip-off, you'd better make it one hell of a good game else you'll look like a fool with your pixel graphics in this day and age of 1080p and 60fps games

Arguably when games were overall at their best

Anyway, THIS LOOKS AWESOME!!!! I really hope this gets released. ^ I will agree that I'd much rather have it on my Vita than a home console.

Edited by merciful84

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see they met their funding goals and even got all of the stretch goals, minus one.  However, even though they didn't reach the Familiar Mode stretch goal, one of the devs said that we may still get it.  Making the goal guaranteed we'd get it, but it didn't remove the possibility of it being implemented.

Now to see if we can still reach more stretch goals with Shantae: Half-Genie Hero https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero