Thoughts On Football Transfers So far...

Pyro

Try keep the banter to a minimum, we all know it can blow up in a second when discussing football 

Some player transfers that have been/or going to be completed..

• Rakitic- Seville - Barcelona
  • Garay - Zenit - Benfica
  • Lewandowski - Dortmund - Bayern Munich
  • Fabregas - Barcelona - Chelsea
  • Fernando - Porto - Manchester City
  • Ander Herrera - Atletico Bilbao - Manchester United
  • Luke Shaw - Southampton - Manchester United
  • David Luiz - Chelsea - PSG

I wan't to hear your opinions on this years transfer's so far. Any that may have surprised you?

Personally I think the biggest shocker is Lewandowski, although I don't know what the behind scenes were like nor do I follow German football much, but must be hard to take in letting one of your bets players join a rival team on a FREE transfer must be heart-braking for the Dortmund fans. Besides that being as I'm a Manchester United fan which might seem obvious in my profile picture. I can say I'm quite relieved having signed 2 players that we actually need to improve those 2 poor areas.

I support Barcelona, and i'm glad that Rakitić joined, he's from my country and he's been brilliant in Sevilla last season. Too bad he didn't show much in the World Cup because the coach forced him to play at defensive midfielder, and he played as an attacking midfielder all season. But i believe Barca made a right choice for buying him. They also bought Ter Stegen and Claudio Bravo. Ter Stegen is an excellent choice. I've been following him at Borussia Monchengladbach and he's been awesome. Bravo is also a good choice, but maybe overpaid for his age. Now there are rumours that Barca could buy the vampire, but tbh, i don't want him in Barca event hough i consider him as one of the best attackers in the world. I wanted Reus or Aguero, but none of them will come. I'm also pissed that we still didn't bring a Central Back. Our defense was horrible last season, and our defenders get injured a lot. Even Puyol went to retirement. We have to fill in the holes quickly. Rumours say that we want Mathieu and Marquinhos which is not that bad.

Considering other transfers, Man Utd did a great job by bringing Shaw, he will definitely be the best left back in the future.

I just want to know where Mandzukic will go, he isn't treated right under Guardiola since he plays a formation with a "false 9". And now with Lewandowski coming, he should leave Bayern as soon as possible.

Chelsea will have a strong side next season. They got back Courtouis, bought Fabregas and Costa (Costa was shit in this world cup, but he still had a great season)

• Like 1

You can add Bruno Zuculini (Racing Club) to Manchester City

Ciro Immobile (Torino) to Borussia Dortmund

Serjio Asenjo (Atlético Madrid) to Villarreal

Bacary Sagna (Arsenal) to Manchester City

Luis Alberto (Liverpool) to Malaga (Loan)

Bafetimbi Gomis (O. Lyon) to Swansea

And you have a mistake Garay left SL Benfica to join Zenit

Edited by RickNU19

I support Barcelona, and i'm glad that Rakitić joined, he's from my country and he's been brilliant in Sevilla last season. Too bad he didn't show much in the World Cup because the coach forced him to play at defensive midfielder, and he played as an attacking midfielder all season. But i believe Barca made a right choice for buying him. They also bought Ter Stegen and Claudio Bravo. Ter Stegen is an excellent choice. I've been following him at Borussia Monchengladbach and he's been awesome. Bravo is also a good choice, but maybe overpaid for his age. Now there are rumours that Barca could buy the vampire, but tbh, i don't want him in Barca event hough i consider him as one of the best attackers in the world. I wanted Reus or Aguero, but none of them will come. I'm also pissed that we still didn't bring a Central Back. Our defense was horrible last season, and our defenders get injured a lot. Even Puyol went to retirement. We have to fill in the holes quickly. Rumours say that we want Mathieu and Marquinhos which is not that bad.

I'm a Barça fan too and I think Rakitic is a very good signing, but we'll see how he plays here, this is not Sevilla. I hate that Xavi leaves us, he's a legend and could still play at least one more season here. Cesc also left, like Thiago last year (that was a huge mistake for me), so we need another midfielder. Signing Marquinhos will be hard because PSG really wants to keep him, I think it will be Mathieu. Suarez? He's one the best attackers, like you say... we can teach him to only bite Pepe ^^

I'm a Barça fan too and I think Rakitic is a very good signing, but we'll see how he plays here, this is not Sevilla. I hate that Xavi leaves us, he's a legend and could still play at least one more season here. Cesc also left, like Thiago last year (that was a huge mistake for me), so we need another midfielder. Signing Marquinhos will be hard because PSG really wants to keep him, I think it will be Mathieu. Suarez? He's one the best attackers, like you say... we can teach him to only bite Pepe ^^

Oh so Barca fans are leading in that prediction game, nice :P

I know Barca isn't like Sevilla, but i've watched him play, he's got everything Xavi had, great vision and passes, great shot and free kicks, but no one will be able to replace "El Maestro". I also think Thiago leaving was a huge mistake, but i'm not so worried about Cesc leaving, he had a bad last season. But we also have to consider he played most of the matches at the false 9 position which doesn't suit him at all. I agree that one more midfielder should be brought in. Kroos is linked with Barca the most. He's alright. So we need one more midfielder, one classic finisher and two central backs, atleast in my opinion. Suarez is an amazing player, nobody can take that away from him, but hjs attitude doesn't suit Barca that much. I'm also not sure if he would fit in in the right way. He would be overshadowed by Messi and that's bad for his attitude, he'll be biting everyone xD. But even if we don't get an attacker, Neymar - Messi - Sanchez is still a great combination. I hope Messi will be at his level like he's on the world cup now. I wish that saying: "Messi has been saving himself for the World Cup, and that's why he's been playing bad" he was also injured a lot. If Messi is on his form next season, we could indeed get our glory back :)

Shaw is a good signing for Utd but not sure if he will start much in his first season. Was hoping Chelsea would go for him but with Fabregas and most likely Costa I can't see them buying another 30m player. Think Utd still need a CB badly.

Shaw is a good signing for Utd but not sure if he will start much in his first season. Was hoping Chelsea would go for him but with Fabregas and most likely Costa I can't see them buying another 30m player. Think Utd still need a CB badly.

I believe he will.

I believe both Shaw and Herrera were bought to be starters.

Especially Luke, imo Evra will only act as his mentor and will only play cup matches or if something happens to Luke.

Considering other transfers, Man Utd did a great job by bringing Shaw, he will definitely be the best left back in the future.

I just want to know where Mandzukic will go, he isn't treated right under Guardiola since he plays a formation with a "false 9". And now with Lewandowski coming, he should leave Bayern as soon as possible.

Chelsea will have a strong side next season. They got back Courtouis, bought Fabregas and Costa (Costa was shit in this world cup, but he still had a great season)

I do like the look of Rakitic and glad he's started to make a name for himself on the big stage, he'll gel well with Barca's style of play. Also a rumour of Louis Suarez has Barca's interest. Most likely false rumours, but personally can't see it happening. Where would he play? I would have thought Madrid will get him as a better replacement for Benzema. 

I think he'll have a lot more starts than Patrice Evra being he has lost a lot of his ability and sometimes error prone, but still he has been a great service for United. Other left-back Buttner has now been sold and regards to Chelsea getting Luke Shaw, I think they want Azpilicueta to succeed just as Ashley Cole did.

I think he'll have a lot more starts than Patrice Evra being he has lost a lot of his ability and sometimes error prone, but still he has been a great service for United. Other left-back Buttner has now been sold and regards to Chelsea getting Luke Shaw, I think they want Azpilicueta to succeed just as Ashley Cole did.

It's more like Chelsea wants Felipe Luiz.

Cesc Fabregas going to Chelsea does not sit well with me being an Arsenal supporter, Coming back to the premiership to join our London rivals is betrayal to me.

We had first refusal to have him back but considering the midfield we have bringing Fabregas back would have been counter-productive.

It still does not make it right and loyalty does not mean nothing in Football nowadays, just like contracts, they are not worth the paper they are written on.

I do like the look of Rakitic and glad he's started to make a name for himself on the big stage, he'll gel well with Barca's style of play. Also a rumour of Louis Suarez has Barca's interest. Most likely false rumours, but personally can't see it happening. Where would he play? I would have thought Madrid will get him as a better replacement for Benzema. 

Yea I was thinking Shaw has no experience in Europe so Evra would play but forgot Utd won't have that problem :blush:

Azpilicueta will most likely start at LB but if he was to get injured then they would be in trouble. Unless they keep Bertrand but can't see it.  Wonder if Zoma will be sent out on loan? Knowing Chelsea they will send him out for 3-4 years  :huh: 

Glad to hear that Courtois is coming back next season. 

Considering there's bid for Vidal, Khedira plus we have Kagawa, Mata and Herrera, I don't think he will stay...

Imo he's not United material... it's too big club for him.

Still I hope they keep him. at least until january. So he has the chance to shut up those critics who have these misconceptions about him, before they let him leave.

Edited by HellcoreFire

Still I hope they keep him. at least until january. So he has the chance to shut up those critics who have these misconceptions about him, before they let him leave.

Yea, that would be a wise move... considering there's 95% of Strootman coming to United in January, Fellaini will surely lose his place so... better use him while we can.

Yea, that would be a wise move... considering there's 95% of Strootman coming to United in January, Fellaini will surely lose his place so... better use him while we can.

The thing is the way he's playing for Belgium (who are also called "The Red Devils" B) by the way) in the world cup now. They maybe should sell him while the iron is hot to get their money back. I guess a top team in Germany would suit him better. He shouldn't go back to a smaller Premier League team in my opinion. And certainly not a rival, It sickens me that some of our current good generation players, lower themselves by playing for City or Chelsea, ugh. :shakefist:

The thing is the way he's playing for Belgium (who are also called "The Red Devils" B) by the way) in the world cup now. They maybe should sell him while the iron is hot to get their money back. I guess a top team in Germany would suit him better. He shouldn't go back to a smaller Premier League team in my opinion. And certainly not a rival, It sickens me that some of our current good generation players, lower themselves by playing for City or Chelsea, ugh. :shakefist:

Even with good World Cup, I don't see anyone giving 20M or anything more...