Leaderboard Hackers?

Hemiak

I don't normally even check or care about this kind of thing, but for some reason when I picked up Vessel on PS+ the day it came free, I looked at the boards, and there were only 3 people with 100%. I checked it when I finished and just figured a bunch of people had worked on it after it came free. I was the 13th achiever at the time. Today I noticed I was #14, which caused me to look at the dates, and I noticed that a bunch of the time stamps were for pre-July, which weren't there before obviously. So either a bunch of these people hadn't synched/updated in 3 months or something fishy is going on.

I don't know if anything can/will be done about this, I just figured I'd point it out.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought all you had to do was change your clock? You can change your time to whatever you want, I thought the servers just take your word for it and upload your time. That's why you see people who are rank #1 in games because they got the platinum in 2008 when the game came out in 2013

Edited by VanDeaM

I thought all you had to do was change your clock? You can change your time to whatever you want, I thought the servers just take your word for it and upload your time. That's why you see people who are rank #1 in games because they got the platinum in 2008 when the game came out in 2013

No, because even if you set your PS3 to a random time, it also has a pre-set clock with timestamps your trophies. People who are able to change timestamps to whatever they want are hackers.