Red vs Blue is unfunny, anyone else agree?

Fierce_DeityX1

I don't think that a crappy, unfunny high schooler would make one of the most successful and longest running web series to date (Edit: longest running sci-fi show in American History). One that has revolutionized the machinima industry... but hey what do I know?

Just because it doesn't cater to your interests doesn't mean you should bash it :wave:  If everyone was supposed to like the same things, the world would be a bland place

Edited by Zeusy

is unfunny even a word? now thats funny ;)

anyway i think RvB was a good source of laughs the first few episodes then eventually just died out for me

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/unfunny  ;)

I would agree. I think it's one of those shows that is hard to get into it if you weren't there for the beginning years. Web series were sparse when it came out, which allowed it to develop a healthy cult following. It's not my cup of tea but I do like the other things that Rooster Teeth produces

is unfunny even a word? now thats funny ;)

anyway i think RvB was a good source of laughs the first few episodes then eventually just died out for me

Yes,yes it is,

I don't think that a crappy, unfunny high schooler would make one of the most successful and longest running web series to date (Edit: longest running sci-fi show in American History). One that has revolutionized the machinima industry... but hey what do I know?

Just because it doesn't cater to your interests doesn't mean you should bash it :wave:  If everyone was supposed to like the same things, the world would be a bland place

IM not  trying too bash it, im just trying to state my oinion, sory if it seems hostile in any way sort or form.

• Like 1

The first few episodes aren't so great because the creators thought they would have ended it after five or so episodes, but got so much positive feedback they decided to make more. I personally thought the show got more funny when it took the half-serious half-comedy route.

• Like 1

I absolutely love the first five seasons, or basically the first 100 episodes - though after that I became less interested in that and more interested in other Rooster Teeth content.

The beginning episodes of Red vs. Blue are fairly rough and were created more than 10 years ago - that was a point where just the idea of machinima itself was an interesting and exciting aspect, and Rooster Teeth were one of the people that pioneered it. As omegarevan said above, there originally was a plan to just make like 7 episodes or something like that so they didn't have a solid plan, and the first few episodes weren't really so established.

I will say that if you stick with it it will get better and better and extremely funny more and more with each episode. The characters get more developed, the jokes get better, and the show gets more established. The show is actually absolutely brilliant, and it's not the first few episodes I remember as being the best, it's basically the middle and end of the original 5 seasons (100 episodes) that I remember as being the best.

I say give it more of a chance, it's one of the great internet series out there.

Edited by BlindMango

I absolutely love the first five seasons, or basically the first 100 episodes - though after that I became less interested in that and more interested in other Rooster Teeth content.

I am the same way, love the first five seasons and still watch them time to time and I watch more content that isn't RvB related.

I have seen RvB up till season ten but after that I kinda just stopped watching it. But I still recommend to everyone I know to watch the first five seaons and go from there.