GameStop getting its own credit card?

DarkStar83x

Problem? Lots of retailers have their own credit cards. As long as you're responsible with it you can build some credit with it and hopefully earn some rewards at the same time.

EDIT: Interest rate is pretty high (again, not a problem if you're responsible.), but it seems pretty easy to get.

Edited by TehCro

Am I reading that right? Does it say PowerUp members are already approved for the card? If that is the case then this will be a great way for younger people with no credit to build some. It was a pain in the ass for me to get approved for anything when I had no credit (never had bad credit, just no credit at all) so as long as you stay responsible with it (which may be hard for younger people) I think this is a great idea. 

Parker

Great, one more thing for cashiers to throw at me at checkout. The interest rate is insane. Sure it's no problem for people who pay off their bills right away but I can totally see GS badgering teenagers to get this credit card and that can't end well for a good portion of them. 

Not to mention I'm sure there will be deals "exclusive to card members" on certain games. No bueno.