Destiny Ghost Edition going for hundreds on eBay

DarkStar83x

Due to the limited number of Ghost Editions being made for Destiny, they're going on eBay for insane prices. 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/04/you-can-sell-your-destiny-ghost-edition-for-hundreds-on-ebay

I didn't find the auction they mentioned in the article, but I did find a X1 version that was up to $700! I guess if you're so inclined, you can make a lot of money!

only in the usa right now these prices are i preorderd 3 ghost editions sold them for around £229 each

sold about £30 worth of beta codes to so I ordered the limted edition and cod got them both free and then some

Edited by GIennb

I hate resellers. If you don't want the product then leave it for someone who actually does. I just hate when there is something I actually want for myself but the prices are gouged through the roof because someone got there first and bought all of them.

I wouldn't mind so much if resellers paid taxes (like real stores do) but they don't. I wish the IRS would look at some of these auctions and keep track if this income is reported at tax time because you are suppose to report these sales on your tax forms.

• Like 2

only in the usa right now these prices are i preorderd 3 ghost editions sold them for around £229 each

sold about £30 worth of beta codes to so I ordered the limted edition and cod got them both free and then some

you are making profit from people who just want to play games...

I hate resellers. If you don't want the product then leave it for someone who actually does. I just hate when there is something I actually want for myself but the prices are gouged through the roof because someone got there first and bought all of them.

I wouldn't mind so much if resellers paid taxes (like real stores do) but they don't. I wish the IRS would look at some of these auctions and keep track if this income is reported at tax time because you are suppose to report these sales on your tax forms.

This. This happened to me with the Ni no kuni wizard edition and I still feel salty about it to. Stock was already low. Then came the resellers flocking to make that extra buck. 

I collect art prints... This is what kills me. I will try and buy the ones I like when they come out for $40-80 as an average. And thats from the artist. But once they hit ebay they hit $300-4000.... Some things I will never own even though I would love to, but there is no way I am dishing out $1000 for a piece of paper.... I have some valued in the $1000 range though

I think there should be a limit placed on how many you can preorder. Myself i only preorder 3 copies so I don't see how ive done anything bad. You need to ask your self if you really wanted this you would of preordered the game before it sold out. The ghost editions were the very last format to sell out on PS4 over here and was available for preorder for well after a month.

If everybody is honest everyone does something to boost a bit of extra cash now and then it's just a question what what you go about and do this. What maybe acceptable to you might be to others and vice versa.

If you really want to ask who are the baddies here ask yourself how much does a normal game cost? Anything from about £40 to a £149.99 on release. How soon after that does it crash to almost nothing then on top when you go to trade in the game retailers capitalize on a far more scale to get games from us at a much cheaper price.