Why would people hack for trophies?

Killah184

but, that completely ruins the point (as we all know). the reason i love trophies so much is because i like to look back on my collection and remember the struggles and good times i had collecting them. i can feel proud when i see that i beat hard time attack in shadow of the colossus, and i can feel releif when i look back at my sonic unleashed platinum. hacking them will never make since to me. people don't care about what trophies you have, they care about the experiences you had getting them. thats what i think anyway.

The only thing I could guess is that it gives them a false sense of ego, since I guess most people can't tell a hacked trophy from a non-hacked one. It seems pretty pointless to me.

Even after grinding for about 250~ hours in FFX for a trophy there, I still wouldn't consider hacking for it. Part of the point of getting a trophy is the sense of achievement, like saying, "hey, look what all this wasted time got me!" with an online badge. :P

Nobody said that we care, we just don't understand why anyone would do it is all. At least that's how I feel about it anyway

Well, questioning why someone would do something means that you care in some sort. Why do you go for trophies in the first place, is the question you should ask yourself? Maybe that's the answer to the hackers' as well.

Being a gamer is about dedication. Putting experience to the test. Practicing and aiming better at the game and it's mechanics. Each game has a story and it's own unique style. Someone who hacks trophies and doesn't even play the game is considered a selfish non-gamer in my books. Who are you trying to impress anyways? I'm not impress that you hacked a game for it's platinum. I call that the "pussy way". So yeah. Respect the gaming world and don't mock us gamer's that use our blood sweat and tears to get plat's. We have a story for getting them, you don't. Prince out! 

There is not a need to understand why. Report the hacker if the feeling is inclined -- move on.

Yes Dragon Tamer I agree with you. Was just saying is all.

I want a unicorn :)

Do you want it to fart out pizzas too?? :D

Well, questioning why someone would do something means that you care in some sort. Why do you go for trophies in the first place, is the question you should ask yourself? Maybe that's the answer to the hackers' as well.

Ehhh...no don't really care about it THAT much bro. You are probably right though, They probably feel the same way legit trophy hunters do, just do it the wrong way. Like I said earlier though, they are gonna hack, nothing we can do about it besides report them.