Why would people hack for trophies?

Killah184

Glitches and exploits are fine in my book, but they're actually the same thing.

Not quite. Using glitches and exploits is more like using a cheat cheat code than altering your profile through means not possible on the console itself.

• Like 1

Not quite. Using glitches and exploits is more like using a cheat cheat code than altering your profile through means not possible on the console itself.

I know that's true, but they are ways to get trophies in a fashion that was not intended.

So what's the difference between someone using a glitch to get to max level or someone hacking it...

Yes, I can figure out differences but not in the fashion I mean

A hacker just wants the recognition behind the trophies without going through the effort to get them. Which is why I draw a line between trophy hunters and trophy hackers, not the same thing, that's for sure. 

When it comes to glitches, I honestly consider hacking using tools outside the game itself to get trophies with zero effort. Anything included in a game (whether glitch or bug or shortcut) that helps getting a trophy more easily is not cheating for me, the player is just making use of the developers' mistakes, if we went by the book then online boosting would also be regarded as cheating, so for me glitches are fine :)

• Like 1

I know that's true, but they are ways to get trophies in a fashion that was not intended.

True, but at least using glitches and exploits won't get you banned in most cases because you pretty much only abuse a mistake the developer made. :)

Seriously why does it bother you??? If people want to spend time cheating to get trophies that pop up on a screen how does that affect you?

Don't understand how people get so wrapped up in it....... who gives a shit!

They do participate in leaderboards. Once they're removed from them - then everybody stops caring since it's like they never existed. Edited by vivan
  • Like 3

Really? I mean, yeah, trophies are cool and a time waster but people hack? why? What's the point? Any takers?

Actually I'm considering hacking the one Mass Effect 3 trophy that requires an Origin account.

I don't care for the online and I don't appreciate being forced to create an account for every single thing I do, however the way they set up earning a platinum you have to create an Origin account to get one specific trophy.

It's the same reason why I platinumed every Dead Space game but won't touch Dead Space 3, the mandatory Origin account for the online co-op just makes me not buy the game.

Thankfully it went free on PS+ last month so I will play it on this account.