Most Zelda-like PS3 Game?

Dreakon139

well, i found darksiders to be a lot like zelda for some reason. i found it similar to zelda wind waker. you should consider getting that, unless youve already played it. its definitely a wonderful game though. it had many things in common with zelda, it had unlockables, challenging boss fights/dungeons, a horse, and a great story.

another "zelda" like game is Nier, its not a lot like zelda but it has some similarities, such as fishing. Nier is also a great game and you can get it for pretty cheap. i bought it new for 15$ back a while ago at gamestop. i think it was on sale or something because at the time it still cost 60$ and i saw it for 15$ at gamestop and thought this is my chance. at first i didnt really like it, but it turned out to be my favorite ps3 game!

That isn't named 3D Dot Game Heroes.

Just curious, I'm in a Nintendo kind of mood.

Folklore

Release date: Oct. 9, 2007

An action/adventure game by Kouji Okada (the father of the Shin Megami Tensei series) that takes you through seven mysterious and yet Earth-like worlds.

The game features two main characters. Ellen, a troubled young woman searching for answers to her past, receives a letter from her mom: a person who died when she was a child. The letter says "I want to meet you," and suggests that Ellen go to the town of Doolin.

There, she meets Keats, a journalist who handles the occult corner of a magazine. He receives a phone call from an unknown girl asking for help. When he gets to Doolin, he finds that the girl has already been killed, and decides to start up an investigation.

In my opinion' date=' this is one of the most under-rated games ever released for the PS3. I think it is just exceptional in every way: Story, gameplay, graphics, sound....just an awesome game that flew way, way under the radar __-Wade_VC.[/quote']
  • Like 2

Nier's the game I would have mentioned too, i've not 100% finished it yet, but it reminded me somewhat of playing zelda when i was younger, plus i just love the games music *sigh* :wub:

nier was definitely a wonderful game. im trying to buy a japanese version of nier replicant, but its kind of hard to find. but i wont give up ;o (i know i can buy one on play asia for 60$ but its a bit expensive.).

i admit it has wonderful music, and also very touching moments. couldnt get over some of the boss fights on playthrough 2 (since on the second playthrough they give you additional videos and make the bosses talk which makes you feel bad for them)

nier was definitely a wonderful game. im trying to buy a japanese version of nier replicant, but its kind of hard to find. but i wont give up ;o (i know i can buy one on play asia for 60$ but its a bit expensive.).

i admit it has wonderful music, and also very touching moments. couldnt get over some of the boss fights on playthrough 2 (since on the second playthrough they give you additional videos and make the bosses talk which makes you feel bad for them)

Man, you really are an advocate for that game :D.

I guess this is a pretty interesting question, but I supposed if I really wanted a Legend of Zelda esque experience, I'd splurge for Skyward Sword.

Man, you really are an advocate for that game :D.

I guess this is a pretty interesting question, but I supposed if I really wanted a Legend of Zelda esque experience, I'd splurge for Skyward Sword.

lol yeah but skyward sword is for wii. ive been thinking about giving it a rent, since i heard its better than ocarina, but i dont know. i use my ps2 more than i use my wii....

lol yeah but skyward sword is for wii. ive been thinking about giving it a rent, since i heard its better than ocarina, but i dont know. i use my ps2 more than i use my wii....

From what I've heard, Skyward Sword is a completely different and better experience than Twilight Princess. Skyward Sword is made by a generation of gamers who grew up with the N64 and it's Zelda experiences, and it's supposed to show/display that aspect immensely.

From what I've heard, Skyward Sword is a completely different and better experience than Twilight Princess. Skyward Sword is made by a generation of gamers who grew up with the N64 and it's Zelda experiences, and it's supposed to show/display that aspect immensely.

i wish nintendo would stop being selfish and sell some of its games to sony ;(

i wish nintendo would stop being selfish and sell some of its games to sony ;(

I walked into a Gamestop over Christmas with my little cousin (8 or 9 :P), who had just gotten his Wii and wanted to go find some new games for it. He eventually chose Twilight Princess, and I was extremely proud of my little munchkin. Then he put it back because he said his friends at school said it had a lot of reading, and he "doesn't like reading." I never felt so dissappointed.

I still see Nintendo as the Gateway Drug for gaming, and because it is mostly that; a lot of classic gamers who grew up with OoT and MM now own PS3's and Ex-Boxes exclusively.

Here's another vote for Folklore. Easily one of the most underrated PS3 games (it doesn't have trophies, if that matters) on the market. I think there is a demo in the PSN Store, but if not the game is extremely cheap at GameStop and if you don't fancy it you can take it back for a full refund. I've not played Darksiders yet but I've heard very good things about it too.

Parker

I walked into a Gamestop over Christmas with my little cousin (8 or 9 :P), who had just gotten his Wii and wanted to go find some new games for it. He eventually chose Twilight Princess, and I was extremely proud of my little munchkin. Then he put it back because he said his friends at school said it had a lot of reading, and he "doesn't like reading." I never felt so dissappointed.

I still see Nintendo as the Gateway Drug for gaming, and because it is mostly that; a lot of classic gamers who grew up with OoT and MM now own PS3's and Ex-Boxes exclusively.

Doesn't like reading? sound like my old man. I remember showing him some games on the PS3 and he kept telling me to skip all the talking and get to the shooting.

• Like 1

Doesn't like reading? sound like my old man. I remember showing him some games on the PS3 and he kept telling me to skip all the talking and get to the shooting.

lmfao yeah my uncle does that. hes like "okay, i came here to watch a game being played not some text moving... so get to some action or im leaving"

xD

• 3 months later...

lmfao yeah my uncle does that. hes like "okay, i came here to watch a game being played not some text moving... so get to some action or im leaving"

xD

Yeah, this is pretty hilarious.

Also, I strongly recommend Darksiders, but Folklore isn't too bad either. The combat is holding me back from getting back into it though, but the story is wonderfully done.

• Like 1

Yeah, this is pretty hilarious.

Also, I strongly recommend Darksiders, but Folklore isn't too bad either. The combat is holding me back from getting back into it though, but the story is wonderfully done.

ive had a lot of people recommend me folklore, so i downloaded the demo last week. i didnt really like the combat either. but the story part of the demo was pretty neat :P

That isn't named 3D Dot Game Heroes.

Just curious, I'm in a Nintendo kind of mood.

Alundra ps1 classic on psn

Ys series (most got reworked for psp) i only played the ark of napishtim but it was great.

brain lord on snes

Legend of Oasis sery from sega

Golden Axe Warrior (Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection/Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection)

Beyond Oasis again sega

• 1 month later...

I've also heard Crusader of Centy (Genesis) is a great Zelda knock off. I think I've also heard good things about Sylvan Tale (Game Gear)

Also, you should know that Legend of Oasis (Saturn) is a prequel to Beyond Oasis (Genesis/Also on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection). No idea where Defenders of Oasis (Game Gear) fits in, but it's probably a great game like that too. Golden Axe Warrior is also on Ultimate Genesis Collection, making that collection a pretty good deal. $20 for two Zelda-style games plus a ton of other classics.

Now that Okami is officially for the PlayStation 3 it gets a vote as well. Personally, I enjoyed it more than any of the Zelda games except perhaps the Wind Waker. I'd say Okami and the Wind Waker were about equal in terms of enjoyment for me.

Parker

• 10 months later...