Question: Digital games not playable offline?

AnRoDr

Owkeeeeeeej .... I'm at a loss here :blink:

For some reason I'm not able to play any of my downloaded games on my PS4 while PSN is down. All I get is a notification that my licences can't be checked or verified? Also a symbol of a lock has appeared next to my downloaded titles on the home page of my PS4.

Really hope that this is due to a mistake in my settings or something else I might have done wrong otherwise this is really ridiculous! I've paid for these games and I should be able to play all my games wether the PSN is up and running or not!

The titles I can't play are:

EA Sports UFC

Don't Starve

Outlast

Resogun

Road Not Taken

Disc based games do work ....

What is the problem and please say that it's something I did wrong instead of some sort of DRM .....

Euhm ... make my PS4 my primary PS4???

When I first used the console I logged in using my existing account and went through all the steps. What do I need to do more?

If you go into settings on the ps4 the pick Psn there will be an option to Activate as primary ps4 and that should do it

• Like 1

I had a similar problem in Australia; PSN went offline at about 8pm last night (it's currently Monday morning over here) when I was playing TLoU online, and when I tried to play Fez and Strider, the games both froze in their main menus and I couldn't go any further. Very frustrating; especially considering I had a night at home!

My PS4 is definitely set as my primary PS4, although I do have a sub-account because I didn't lie about my age when I set up my account 4 years ago :P That's probably why...

EDIT: Just saw this on IGN - http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/08/24/playstation-network-suffers-ddos-attack

Edited by FluffyAssassin64
  • Like 1

I activated my PS4 as my primary console and that semmed to do the trick, I can play all games offline!! :yay:

This should really be a standard setting instead of something you need to figure out yourself. Thank you for the help fellow PSN members :wave:

• Like 1