Is this legit?

malox5

Yesterday I got an E-mail from PlayStation regarding GT6 and it looked like this:

556f7f07-3cea-45ff-a565-91cd2d8e1d49_zps

When I followed the link I was lead to here:

http://gt6.eu.playstation.com/?et_cid=122175&et_rid=33273005&Linkid=%%%3dRedirectTo(%40Article1CTL)%3d%%

However, it didn't say how I was meant to get my credits. It didn't give me a PS store/DLC code and I didn't get them when I signed in to get my % bonus. So is this legit or is it a well executed phishing e-mail? If it is legit then can somebody tell me how I can get my credits?

From a read through it looks like they are saying you'll get the reward when you get your plat.

"How about setting your sights on a glittering platinum trophy?  When you get your racing mitts on it - and we know you will - we'll give you 5000,000 in-game credits....."

Edited by Willstown

From a read through it looks like they are saying you'll get the reward when you get your plat.

"How about setting your sights on a glittering platinum trophy?  When you get your racing mitts on it - and we know you will - we'll give you 5000,000 in-game credits....."

Yeah, was just gonna say that you just have to read through the text.

But I know it's a common problem, I work in IT. ^^

edit: It's kinda cool that they reward people for earning platinums. Wish Sony would do this for more games. For example they could give everyone who earned the TLoU plat (and/or Grounded+ trophy) some cool mp customization items or weapons you'd have to pay for otherwise.

Edited by soniq

I kind of saw "When you get your mitts on we'll give you 500,000 credits" as: the next time you go in game ("Get your mitts on") we'll give you 500K. If I have to get the plat first then it's pointless. Because this game is a let down from GT5 and I won't be playing it after I get the plat. GT5 was way more enjoyable.

I got a similar e-mail for earning the Platinum trophy in GT6

It had a code for 500k in-game credits

Ok, thanks. :)

It would be great if they did this "thing of trophies" with all games  :yay:

This is the first time in about 9 years of gaming that I've had anything along the lines of this. I never expected it. That's why I thought it was a phishing scam.

I'm sure the number of people who Plat and keep on playing drops off a cliff. This is probably a good way to encourage people to keep playing after completing all the trophies. 

If they want to encourage us they should put more on offer. For instance it would be great to get 1 million credits and 1 free car that you can choose regardless of pricing or 1 Million and 1 piece of content from the limited edition. 

I loved GT5 to bits. I haven't platinumed it, but I've done just about all of it with the exception of most of B-spec and some of the endurance races and I have all of the DLC. I will still be playing 5 long after I finish 6. I never really played the online of either game. I got into a lobby in 5, but got annoyed since there wasn't a race that I liked and when I started a session, nobody joined. And I just can't be bothered to go into MP in 6  :P

• 3 weeks later...

Well I just (yesterday) got my plat. And guess what? No credits. I haven't had an e-mail or anything either. Nor have I had the credits added without being told because I checked my 'Bank'.

how the fuck did you finish it... i can't even finish gt5 lol

It wasn't easy. I still need to get all gold in Senna. And the S tests drove me insane. As for GT5 that's an impossibility for me. I can't stand b-spec and I can't do the Loeb challenges.

GT6 doesn't have Vettel challenges.  That alone makes GT6 much easier to get the plat.

I'm proud to have even clocked in a bronze for all of the Vettel challenges.