Freedom in games

Mr_Freaker

GTA V due to the open world alone. But I'd say Skyrim overall, after the escape you are basically left in the open world, you can skip the main quest and just start doing side quests without even learning your first shout. :)

New Vegas as well, lol. I say Fallout when it comes to decision making and dialogue options, what other game lets you lure a 10 year old girl out of a cave in order to sell to a slaver? xD

Edited by -Dark Mark-

You know, I was going to say Skyrim however I'd have to instead go with Horizons: Empire of Istaria, or as it's known now, Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted (came out in 2003 and appears to still be going as of April 2014). It's a PC MMORPG that allows you to play as one of several humanoid races or even as a dragon. You start off as a young dragon who can't fly but through quests you age and get bigger and more powerful and gain the ability to fly. Each dragon also had a hoard that would degrade over time but the higher your hoard the more powerful you were as it would give boosts to attacks and defensive capabilities. The game has a large number of combat classes as well as crafting classes and a single person with a single character can max them all (think Final Fantasy XIV's class system but done 7 years before though I think all classes were open from the beginning unlike FF XIV's method). You didn't even have to pick a combat class if you didn't want to. There were nodes to harvest resources, housing you could build were people would list how much they were paying for each piece of work that needed to be done on it and you could just go around and make decent money building houses for people with your various construction crafting skills. For instance, I played as a dragon and didn't even take my dragon combat class, I just went around doing nothing but crafting and researching the values of items for dragons to add to their hoard.

That was the most freedom I've ever found in any game.

Edited by BooneJusticius

Dead Rising 2, I could mess about, cross dress and ride girls' bikes.  All while killing zombies (seriously, the kids' bike in that game was able to run over and kill zombies).

2z6i6vd.jpg

So i ain't the only one that found that picture?  :giggle:

OT: I'd have to say GTAV. The game is so big and open and there are lots of places to explore. I like the Fallout 3 world too but there's invisible walls everywhere lol

Edited by Shin Boukyaku

So i ain't the only one that found that picture?  :giggle:

OT: I'd have to say GTAV. The game is so big and open and there are lots of places to explore. I like the Fallout 3 world too but there's invisible walls everywhere lol

Nope, I just remembered of it there.. funny how I can still find it!  But it's totally true for everyone that played that game xD

Deus Ex truly embodies organic gameplay and freedom of choice, so i'd probably say that. Skyrim is just illusion of choice with nothing you do really impacting the world in any meaningful way, or atleast its never demonstrated properly *give this area to the imperials? oh hey, nothing changes, just different armor for the guards!*