Still worth it?

Muff

well, ive been getting back into RPGs heavily, with Mass effect, Dragon Age, getting back to Star Ocean, getting Kingdoms of Amalur...you get the idea. A while back, this and Resonance of fate were on my wishlist, but as new games came out i lost interest...but it seems to be picking back up. But seeing as there are all these other games coming out that i want to get, and some are sequels so id like to beat the first game....is getting this (and if you have it, RoF) still worth it?

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of a late reply, but I would highly recommend this game to any RPG lover. First off, the story (it actually made me cry) and music are simply amazing. I found the different endings to be very mature and nicely done. However, a warning ... If you are planning on Platting the game it is a huge grind. I was a bit disappointed that they decided to include a Speed Run trophy as it will cause most people to miss the first part of the story by skipping cutscenes.

• Like 2

Bit of a late reply, but I would highly recommend this game to any RPG lover. First off, the story (it actually made me cry) and music are simply amazing. I found the different endings to be very mature and nicely done. However, a warning ... If you are planning on Platting the game it is a huge grind. I was a bit disappointed that they decided to include a Speed Run trophy as it will cause most people to miss the first part of the story by skipping cutscenes.

totally agree with this, I found it an amazing game and yeah i left that 15hr trophy until after I had at least completed it once, and just to enjoy the awsome story

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

You should totally get it, the story was really good (it's mildly related to the PS2 game Drakengard), also the soundtrack is amazing. It's one of the most underrated games this generation.

Also Resonance of Fate is also a really good game, it has a steep learning curve, but you'll have fun with battle mechanics once you get used to it.

Both of them are must own games for any JRPG fan.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is a long running thread but I just want to say I concur with the above. It's really an underrated game with a great soundtrack and very nicely done endings, each of which expands on each previous ending. It's probably one of my favorite games of 2010, which is actually funny because it was of no interest to me at all going by what I saw of it before it came out.

Anyone who does the speed run first is clearly just playing it for the trophies and doesn't care to see the story at all.

• Like 1