Naughty Dog Please remove the Online Pass

trofafr

I love Naughty Dog i really do but i find really bad after companies like Ubisoft and the ''worst'' company on the US (EA) give up on the Online Pass how can they still have online pass for games like The Last of us is really disappointing from their part ....

Anyways what do you guys think of this?

ND always look for cheap ways of making some money.

1. Include Uncharted 3 in IGC but force the player to buy the online pass if they want the platinum.

2. Expiring season passes so that latecomers have to spend more money to get all the DLC.

3. Adding 50 online trophies several months after DLC release to get people who had already sold the game to buy the game back along with the DLC.

I really hate ND for stunts like this. Yes, all companies are out to make money, I get that. But surely you need a fanbase, and ND keeps shitting on their fanbase with lies and bs stunts, so I'm surprised they still have a following.

I won't be buying another game of theirs at least. If I get one free (like TLOU) I may try it, but otherwise, no.

Well, after the massive selling that its tlou has done across the two platforms could be possible, anyway keep dreaming.

I'm sure that was a sarcasm...

I don't think ND has anything to do with online passes, other games published by Sony like GOW: Ascension have them as well. It's more likely publishers decision.

Edited by alien713
  • Like 1

Online passes are fucking disgusting, their very existence comes from a place of arrogance. 

I brought God of war ascension for £8 preowned.. the mulitplayer pass is £7.99

No tacked on multiplayer is worth £8, I'd even go as far as to say the last of us, multiplayer isn't worth £8, I get that some people like it, but to me it's complete shit due to how easily exploitable it is and how far beyond boring it really is. 

Like I said it comes from a place of arrogance, our multiplayer is so good it's worth £8, even years after release when no one is playing it at all, it's still worth the same price for a lesser experience... fucking garbarge. God of War too.. £8? Get a fucking grip Sony. 

The online passes should become cheaper over time, to the point of, if  900 people are on the servers worldwide, the pass should be free at that point. 

But no, £8 for GoW multiplayer in the UK.and no guarantee you'll find a game ;) Sony just loves to shit on Europeans.  I'll pass Sony, thanks but no thanks, I have no interest in paying £8 for absolute fucking garbage. 

Does TLOU Remastered have an online pass?

I thought Sony was trying to get rid of the Online Pass policy when the PS4 came out... Oh well...

It's definitely not fair to the customer to have online passes; it restricts second-hand gaming and not everyone can afford a brand new game, and people need second-hand stores in order to play them. On the other hand, I understand why they do it. They use the money to keep the servers open. Keeping the servers open is not free by any means. If that was the case, servers would never go down in the first place.