Forza Horizon 2 (I got this one Kid) Eurogamer's Review!

ZeroXOF

So the review for Forza Horizon 2 is out by Eurogamer and I'm pretty excited about this. I hope Driveclub can at least compete at the same level of awesomeness of Forza. Here's the review:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-25-forza-horizon-2-review

Now we just got to wait for Ubisoft's "The Crew" and Slightly Mad Studio's "Project Cars". Also please reflect on a great loss which is Bizzare Creations who created the Project Gotham Series and Blur, they will be missed. 

Never liked the Forza games, Gran Turismo's better IMO

I do think the Gran T games are good but after GT6, the series is pretty much a weird. I still believe GT6 should have been a flagship exclusive for the PS4. Anyway I will wait and see how the other racers compare. To be honest, I think neither series are great as their old games. 

Blur is such an underrated game, I had lots of fun playing that.

I spent lots of hours playing the first Horizon, trying to get all the achievements (I got all but one, screw those online challenges). As much as I love Forza (more than GT) it's still not enough for me to buy the X1.

There are two demos at EGX it seems. At the main driveclub booth it has an India race with a Ferrari California, a Norway race with a pagani huyraraya, and a Scottish race with a merc. This had very good image quality on both the Norway and Indian tracks (didn't play Scotland)

I then went to the playstation plus lounge and there they had a demo with nigiri hills in a Ferrari F12, Norway in a merc I think, and somewhere else with an Aston martin. Raced Norway and nigiri hills. The image quality here was pretty bad, with shimmering edges and aliasing on power cables. Even the puddles in Norway looked bad. Maybe that was an earlier build though? It also seemed to have a problem with the reflections in the windscreen at one point in the race.

Game drives really well though. Each car feels different and you can slide them nicely. The tracks have a lot of trackside debris (rocks, snow etc) which will punish you if you stray too far off track but it does a good job of making the track not feel hemmed in with barriers all along. I was wary about the handling but now I'm really excited foe the final game. I think it will be a nice complimentary game to horizon too

• Like 1

Blur is such an underrated game, I had lots of fun playing that.

I spent lots of hours playing the first Horizon, trying to get all the achievements (I got all but one, screw those online challenges). As much as I love Forza (more than GT) it's still not enough for me to buy the X1.

Damn nice to see someone who enjoyed Blur as well. It was so fun