Destiny down during PSN maint.

dodgedoors

Currently a lot of people are having trouble logging into Destiny during this Maint. period and are getting the error

"Attention

you have lost connection to the destiny servers.

Your permissions to access online multiplayer

may have changed or your profile

may have been signed in elsewhere.

For more information, visit help.bungie.net"

Playstation help is giving this quote right now

"

"We are aware of issues that players are experiencing with some of our titles on the PlayStation Network. Engineers are working to resolve these issues as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.  "

I hope this gets fixed as I still need to get a lot more Iron Banner rep before this disappears on tuesday.

*EDIT 

This is from a chat with PSN rep.

Kevin R.: Hi, my name is Kevin R.. How may I help you?
chat_enduser_message.png dan: hi I can not log into destiny.  I thought During maint. you guys were going to allow online play

chat_agent.png Kevin R.: Actually, some game servers will be updated and you will not be able to access the PSN or play online during this maintenance.

chat_enduser_message.png dan: so I will not be able to play during this time?  Some people are able to play Destiny during this time according to message boards but some cannot.  Why is this? and does this mean I have to wait until 8pm just to play this game?

chat_agent.png Kevin R.: Unfortunately, this may affect some users. This is the reason why other people can play online at this moment.

chat_enduser_message.png dan: Don't you think that an online only game should get special consideration to make sure those games can still be played since this is the only way to play the game?

chat_agent.png Kevin R.: Unfortunately, some online features are not available.

chat_agent.png Kevin R.: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

chat_enduser_message.png dan: no thanks

chat_agent.png Kevin R.: Thank you for contacting PlayStation Chat Support, there is a brief survey at the end of this session.  Once we disconnect, please feel free to answer some questions regarding your chat experience with us.

Edited by dodgedoors
  • Like 1

You know I find it funny that when Microsoft announced XBone was going to be "always online" or when Blizzard and EA announced Diablo and SIm City would be "always online" people lost their shit.

Now with Destiny, I never heard word one about it and people have been generally pretty accepting of it.

Kind of weird :unsure:

You know I find it funny that when Microsoft announced XBone was going to be "always online" or when Blizzard and EA announced Diablo and SIm City would be "always online" people lost their shit.

Now with Destiny, I never heard word one about it and people have been generally pretty accepting of it.

It was marketed as an MMO, those are expected to be always online. 

Parker

Parker

From Bungie in Nov. 2013

"Not at all. Do you guys ever get tired of us insisting it's not an MMO? Debate about this game is always fun, and we welcome it," Bungie said. "The ideas that are shaping Destiny come from a lot of different places. We're drawing the best elements from experiences we love. Like an MMO, our game will compel you to explore."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/is-destiny-an-mmo-bungie-weighs-in/1100-6416234/

All that really proves is Destiny is a hard game to classify. I think the vast majority of people would agree that it is pretty heavy on the MMO side (and if I recall correctly most sites referred to it as an MMO shooter or something of the sort close to launch) and again, those are expected to require a constant internet connection. 

Parker

• Like 1

No but there is cheap Armor.  Also on Iron banner I have been getting some awesome weapon drops I have gotten an exotic scout rifle, 2 legendary hand cannons, a legendary auto rifle, and tons of purple engrams.  Iron banner ends tuesday and I will be a sad panda.

Xbox is a gaming console, and not everyone that has a gaming console has an internet, or at least have an internet that is faster than 2~3 Mb/s.

I don't know about the others but what I understood from all the articles I have read(Kotaku and IGN most of the time, and PC Gamer) is that its an online heavy/co-op/shared world game thus why to some sense people thought it was okay to be always online.

Parker

I had no idea Destiny was a MMO. I guess that seals the deal for me, I won't be playing it.