What's your thoughts on this game?.

I'm about to put a bid in on this and wanted to know what y'all thoughts on it was.

Did some research and it seems to be a pretty awesome game and something I definitely would like playing.

But with that said, if you had some experience with it or have heard or seen it in play I would appreciate your insight.

The bid ends in 3 hours and definitely plan on picking it up if not now, in the upcoming weeks.

I loved the game when I had it on the wii. Dont really know what the trophies are like but its good for a ton of laughs.

I did read somewhere, where the poster also said it was pretty good on the wii .

Hope it brings the same to the PS3.

Thanks for the confermation. :-)

I have the game from GameFly. I've put some time into it, and I have to say I am not enjoying it as much as I would have thought. The cutscenes are goofy, and that wouldn't be a problem if they could be skipped. On top of that, the cutscenes push 2-3 minutes, which really takes away from a "suspended disbelief" if you will.

if you like rail shooters, take a shot at it, but in the end, I was disappointed from the bit I've played so far.

• Like 1

Okay, I'm WAY late to this thread but I'd still like to put in my good word. First a disclaimer though, HotD is definitely not a game you wanna play with your kids around, this game drops F' bombs left and right and there are some things visually that will put off a lot of people that don't appreciate super over the top gnarly-ness (the end-game scene is amazingly gross, lol). If you love schlock, schtick, and NC-17 rated absurdity of grind house style films then this is the game for you!!

Gameplay wise it's a total paint-by-the-numbers affair. The cut scenes aren't skipable on the 1st time through but in any subsequent replays they are, one and done. There's a normal story mode that's available at first, beating it unlocks "director's cut" versions of the levels that are roughly 40% longer and beating that unlocks hardcore mode (I hate that word so much because of Dead Space 2) which is directors cut levels with a catch, the zombies are only kill-able with head shots.

There's lots of collectibles that that show up in the form of posters, LP's, and mounted heads that unlock content such as a jukebox, concept art, and 3d models. No big deal but they are part of the challenges and trophies, and you have to listen the the album version of "One day on the Bayou" at least once... the songs hysterical.

Definitely play it with the Move and if you have the option for some local co-op take advantage of it because it makes the game twice as fun. No on-line unfortunately.

• Like 2

Okay, I'm WAY late to this thread but I'd still like to put in my good word. First a disclaimer though, HotD is definitely not a game you wanna play with your kids around, this game drops F' bombs left and right and there are some things visually that will put off a lot of people that don't appreciate super over the top gnarly-ness (the end-game scene is amazingly gross, lol). If you love schlock, schtick, and NC-17 rated absurdity of grind house style films then this is the game for you!!

Gameplay wise it's a total paint-by-the-numbers affair. The cut scenes aren't skipable on the 1st time through but in any subsequent replays they are, one and done. There's a normal story mode that's available at first, beating it unlocks "director's cut" versions of the levels that are roughly 40% longer and beating that unlocks hardcore mode (I hate that word so much because of Dead Space 2) which is directors cut levels with a catch, the zombies are only kill-able with head shots.

There's lots of collectibles that that show up in the form of posters, LP's, and mounted heads that unlock content such as a jukebox, concept art, and 3d models. No big deal but they are part of the challenges and trophies, and you have to listen the the album version of "One day on the Bayou" at least once... the songs hysterical.

Definitely play it with the Move and if you have the option for some local co-op take advantage of it because it makes the game twice as fun. No on-line unfortunately.

dude.!! :jaymon: this iss Aweesome :awesome: !! rite up My alley. never 2 late for some input. thanks again.. B)

well, I didn't Win the Bid. but you will soon see it in My line up. still got some time with LP2 to go.

• 1 year later...

I know this is totally necroing this topic, but I figured I'd put out my new opinion on the game. rail shooter

I LOVE IT!

It's a great game, and I'm having a blast shooting for the platinum. The collectables are fun, and there are lots and lots of different modes and weapons to keep things switching up. Personally, my favorite is Hardcore mode, but there is always classic and dual wield mode.

I've just ordered this game as I was wanting to add to my meagre collection of Move compatible games. It also helped that it was only £5 :P. I'm looking forward to giving it a playthrough because I'd already heard it was a pretty decent game and the endorsements here simply confirm that and add to the excitement.

I've just ordered this game as I was wanting to add to my meagre collection of Move compatible games. It also helped that it was only £5 :P. I'm looking forward to giving it a playthrough because I'd already heard it was a pretty decent game and the endorsements here simply confirm that and add to the excitement.

due to the unpredictability of life I had to push this back in backlog line up. but still have every intention on getting around to it. was hoping to @least be done with it by now. hopefully We can get some gaming done later on in da year or something.

due to the unpredictability of life I had to push this back in backlog line up. but still have every intention on getting around to it. was hoping to @least be done with it by now. hopefully We can get some gaming done later on in da year or something.

Unfortunately life does have a habit of getting in the way of gaming time on occasion. It would have been sweet to hook up with you and co-op this one but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have an online option. :(

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I know this is an old post but, I found the wii version fun, and if you can manage 2 players, it's really great. I just started the ps3 one and it is improved. With trophies you actually want to collect items, and replay stages, to me that makes it more fun, and that is the main thing people don't understand about trophies. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...