Your reactiton to the New 3DS

Devialry

I'm curious about the reaction of the people to the New 3DS cause it will release it on October 11, 2014 ( JAPAN ) , November 21, 2014 ( AUS. )

and 2015 in Europe and other asia 

And what is the ZR , ZL , and C - Stick ??

Edited by Devialry

Kinda miffed that only the smaller version of it has the clip-on face plates while the XL version is still being sold as special editions.

Also miffed that it still doesn't come with a charger.

Doesn't have a Micro SD card slot on the outside for easy access.

I'll probably get one but not for a freaking long time.

I'm curious about the reaction of the people to the New 3DS cause it will release it on October 11, 2014 ( JAPAN ) , November 21, 2014 ( AUS. )

and 2015 in Europe and other asia 

I welcome the new buttons on the back because more fighters can appear on the 3DS. The c-stick is a bit weird due to the sizing on both consoles, it clearly could have been bigger on the new 3DSLL/XL. The new 3D is pretty meh due to no real improvement in 3D games but it's still cool I guess. The changeable face-plates are a nice addition, this could influence unique design from the community.

The size of the new 3DS should have been 4 inches not 3.88 because that is pretty odd but I can accept it. I have to admit I would like a new OS and a major processor update but I like the new features a lot.

Kinda miffed that only the smaller version of it has the clip-on face plates while the XL version is still being sold as special editions.

Also miffed that it still doesn't come with a charger.

Doesn't have a Micro SD card slot on the outside for easy access.

I'll probably get one but not for a freaking long time.

I think they are going to slowly phase the new 3DS out which is weird. The charger thing I agree with you. I don't about the slot card. Yeah, I getting the new 3DS  for collector's item and the new 3DSLL/XL for playing.

Does anyone really think a ton of games are going to come out and use this thing?

I mean look at Wii Motion Plus or the Wii Fit Board...how many third party games took advantage of that? Hell how many first party games actually took advantage of that?

Also what is this the 4 re-edition of the 3ds already? Maybe Nintendo should actually spend more time in R&D before launching their system instead of releasing half-ass products and then over charging for them knowing their fans will buy it and then release the updated versions later knowing their fans will buy it.

But I guess I can't really complain because as long as their fans keep buying it, why shouldn't they squeeze every dollar out of people.

Does anyone really think a ton of games are going to come out and use this thing?

I mean look at Wii Motion Plus or the Wii Fit Board...how many third party games took advantage of that? Hell how many first party games actually took advantage of that?

Also what is this the 4 re-edition of the 3ds already? Maybe Nintendo should actually spend more time in R&D before launching their system instead of releasing half-ass products and then over charging for them knowing their fans will buy it and then release the updated versions later knowing their fans will buy it.

But I guess I can't really complain because as long as their fans keep buying it, why shouldn't they squeeze every dollar out of people.

The Nintendo 3DS sold really well dude. Plus there are plenty of games that are big sellers and Nintendo exclusive, Pokemon being the biggest name.

The Nintendo 3DS sold really well dude. Plus there are plenty of games that are big sellers and Nintendo exclusive, Pokemon being the biggest name.

That wasn't what I was saying at all. You quoted my post so I assume you read it as well

What I was saying was Nintendo knows they can release a quick model because it doesn't matter. They know their fans will snap it up and then when they release a new 3ds with a different hat their fans will also buy that version. I have a friend who owns 5 3ds (well 4 3ds and one 2ds). He lives by himself and he owns 5 of the same portable system because different colours come out.

Also don't bring up Pokemon. This is a game that hasn't changed in any significant way in 20 years yet they can release 2 every year and people will buy them like hotcakes. I have customers who will preorder both versions of the game because they really feel the 5 or 6 different pokemon between each game is worth buying the same game twice.

I have said it before about Nintendo, it is fine that people like buying their stuff but I just can't believe their fans don't want more out of the company they have devoted so much time and money too. If you are fine with things staying status quo...well good for you I guess. But don't throw the "it sells lots so it is great" line at me because Heroine and Cocaine sell a lot as well so your argument falls pretty flat, pretty quickly.

Also I have to point out your last line

Plus there are plenty of games that are big sellers and Nintendo exclusive,

Mario, Zelda, Pokemon and then Smash Bros...because it has Mario, Zelda and Pokemon in it. Those are the 3 games that Nintendo has released at nauseam for the past 30 years and as I have mentioned in other posts, this Nintendo fan just got sick of the same 3 games over and over and I sit waiting for Nintendo to go back to its awesome roots but that looks like it will never happen.

• Like 1

Nintendo has lost all my interest as I found both the Wii and the 3DS to be poor library-wise, with the DS being their last good console in my opinion.  So no, they won't be getting anymore of my money.  The only Nintendo-developed franchised I really cared for was The Legend of Zelda anyway.

I think it's foolish to think any third party devs would support a new version of the 3DS that fragments their userbase by like, a lot.  Anyone remember the DSi? Yeah, I think this'll be like that and the PSPGo, virtually no games exclusive to it.  I imagine only Nintendo has anything to gain by supporting this new model.