PS4 psn store sucks!

wrafix

Someone has probably already made this point, but I'll bet that the digital prices are so high to protect the retailers. Without the overheads of physical distribution, store rents, staff costs, etc etc, digital copies of games could be so much cheaper than their physical counterparts. I'll bet there has been a backroom deal between the retailers and the digital store-fronts that they'll keep digital prices high until physical prices have bottomed out.

I'm still kinda skeptical about that. We don't have any evidence that if MS and Sony's online stores were the only place to get games from that they would do crazy sales to match steam and others on pc.Digital only games that are exclusive to PSN don't usually get the 75% or higher crazy sales that steam has.

I'm still kinda skeptical about that. We don't have any evidence that if MS and Sony's online stores were the only place to get games from that they would do crazy sales to match steam and others on pc.Digital only games that are exclusive to PSN don't usually get the 75% or higher crazy sales that steam has.

I get what you're saying. I suppose what I was trying to say, but said really badly, was that the XB and PS digital storefronts certainly don't look like they're even attempting to compete with physical, when they clearly could and would presumably get more sales if they did. I certainly don't think that they should try to destroy physical stores - more competition is good for the consumer.

Maybe it's not so much of a back-room deal, but more of a Mexican stand-off with the console manufacturers realising that most of their console sales still come from physical stores. If they ran retailers out of business they'd miss out on a lot of console sales.

Well that's a nice error, not like you can use this as a reliable method to get cheap games  xD

Also, I would actually see this reply if you quoted me... 

I don't see why they can't match retail prices. Still plenty of people out there who prefer physical copies. I'm one of them. I'm still kind of sad that we're getting Infamous First Light on Ps+ next month. I was looking forward to eventually getting the physical copy.