PS4 psn store sucks!

wrafix

Does the PS4 store have any good deals on games or anything? I'm seeing most if not all games for like 54.99 except spiderman and I don't want to buy that, no premium avatars no themes well there is theme but their crap, even physical copies are much cheaper, how do they expect us to prefer digital downloads for our games when they have higher prices than the physical versions? it's not like any of those digital games are on disks hence they should knock off a bit and make them cheaper than physical, so expensive! probably a lot more in other countries, poor bastards, are we ever gonna get decent deals for being PS+ members? because all I see for ps+ deals is indie crap, there is nothing decent on there, I bet the PS3 store is full of great deals so why not the PS4? anymore PS4 owners agree with me? do you think PS4 should have premium avatars, cool themes and even better game deals? for example sleeping dogs for under £16, sorry but this pisses me off, dunno about you lot.

• Like 1

definitely agree with the digital downloads. they want me to pay $99.95 AUD when i can just pick up the physical copy for $70-80. yeah alright buddy.

a bit off topic, but i also don't get why the games are so massive. I've already had to delete games off my hard drive to make room for the new games.

• Like 1

definitely agree with the digital downloads. they want me to pay $99.95 AUD when i can just pick up the physical copy for $70-80. yeah alright buddy.

a bit off topic, but i also don't get why the games are so massive. I've already had to delete games off my hard drive to make room for the new games.

The digital market does seem like a rip off, I know new games come out and prices have to be right but 54.99 is not right at all, I could buy a smart phone for that which is worth more than a video game, digital games should be no more than 19.99/24.99.

Maybe they make the games large so that you'll have to upgrade your system to a larger hard drive? 

I think games are expensive on the psn store because they are available to purchase and download right there instead of driving to the store and picking it up.

Plus you'll always have it under your downloads never having to worry about losing the game unlike it's physical counterpart. 

Edited by Nhatsumi

its not like the PS4 is an only digital machine... GET PHYSICAL COPIES. Digital pricing is not going any lower since it is heavily supported...sadly. I love buying Physical. Scored The Evil Within for $19.99, Shadow of Mordor for $19.99, GTA V for $24.99, and Dragon Age: Inq for $29.99, out of those 4 games $95, instead of $240 over Thanksgiving Holiday, the trick is to buy smart. 

The only advantage to digital is that we dont have to replace a Disc to play...which sadly takes a lot of effort for some people.

Edited by HARD_ANGEL_FAN
  • Like 2

its not like the PS4 is an only digital machine... GET PHYSICAL COPIES. Digital pricing is not going any lower since it is heavily supported...sadly. I love buying Physical. Scored The Evil Within for $19.99, Shadow of Mordor for $19.99, GTA V for $24.99, and Dragon Age: Inq for $29.99, out of those 4 games $95, instead of $240 over Thanksgiving Holiday, the trick is to buy smart. 

The only advantage to digital is that we dont have to replace a Disc to play...which sadly takes a lot of effort for some people.

Heavily supported like on the PS3? yeah I agree, PS4? no I don't agree, 54.99 for GTA V is outrages! mate, not to mention all the games on there are over priced considering they're last gen titles I expect at least good deals on em and I know I could get a great deal from physical, I just can not get my head around the prices for PS4 digital titles, should be what, 19.99/29.99 max for ps+ members! I don't exactly know how much digital PS4 games are for you guys in the states but here in the uk they are rocket high.

Edited by wrafix

Heavily supported like on the PS3? yeah I agree, PS4? no I don't agree, 54.99 for GTA V is outrages! mate, not to mention all the games on there are over priced considering they're last gen titles I expect at least good deals on em and I know I could get a great deal from physical, I just can not get my head around the prices for digital titles, should be what, 19.99/29.99 max for ps+ members!.

Us gamers have no one else to blame but ourselves, being accustomed to:

A. Expensive games we make humongous line to pick up on day 1

B. Receiving Broken Games that dont work worth a shit, or not as good as advertised

C. Digital games still being $59.99 instead of discounted.

we Support ALL of that...that is why its never going away anytime soon. 

on the plus side games have been $59.99 for over a decade... they never really factored in inflation otherwise games would be $90, or more...just for a regular copy, so you take the bad in with the good i guess... If they keep them at $59.99 for a few more years I really have nothing to complain about... i dont know how old you are, but if you were around the Game Cartridge stages where games were $110.00 Day one back in the mid 90s ...thats before inflation... So happy they made the switch to CDs/DVD/Bluray... I cant see myself paying $150 for a regular game had cartridges stuck around.

• Like 2

Us gamers have no one else to blame but ourselves, being accustomed to:

A. Expensive games we make humongous line to pick up on day 1

B. Receiving Broken Games that dont work worth a shit, or not as good as advertised

C. Digital games still being $59.99 instead of discounted.

we Support ALL of that...that is why its never going away anytime soon. 

on the plus side games have been $59.99 for over a decade... they never really factored in inflation otherwise games would be $90, or more...just for a regular copy, so you take the bad in with the good i guess... If they keep them at $59.99 for a few more years I really have nothing to complain about... i dont know how old you are, but if you were around the Game Cartridge stages where games were $110.00 Day one back in the mid 90s ...thats before inflation... So happy they made the switch to CDs/DVD/Bluray... I cant see myself paying $150 for a regular game had cartridges stuck around.

I hope physical never goes away anytime soon.

Now, before anyone takes my post seriously (I feel it could happen), I'm talking out of my ass here.

1. Digital copies are more expensive because server costs. They need money to pay for the electricity and networking that keeps the game available for download, hence the seemingly fixed price as opposed to markdowns on physical disc copies. On that note, usually when a product is marked down or made effectively free for PS Plus members, that discount portion is being paid off for users.

2. Digital only content is expensive because MONEY! I don't think it's nearly as unreasonably priced as DLC. I'm not opposed to DLC but a lot of the prices are cancerous to look at for what it is. But besides the point, it is a business aimed to make money. You can't expect everything of a particular archetype (this being digital only titles) to fall into discount forever. Whether anything you feel is a ripoff is of no concern to the people paying for the servers (I've seen my fair share of ripoffs, but I understand and don't mind).

3. The PS4 is a year old. Being a transitional period, they are probably making the PS3 seem super sweet with deals galore so as to successfully liquidate their remaining stock. I honestly think what you are seeing is a reflection of unprecedented success with the PS4, probably well beyond Sony's initial assumptions, and that's why we haven't got major deal breakthroughs on the PS4 as of yet.

4. PS Plus is a talking point that has a lot of love and hate instead of just all love since the PS4 rocked around. I understand if people are sick of the indie stuff, I mean I've downloaded all of them since launch and have hardly touched half. Hell will freeze over and serve ice cream before I even think about trying Outlast again. I feel we've become too entitled with the service and from pre-PS4, expect a ridiculously good line-up at all times. It was all essentially business tactics to gain more money, and it worked. Now that it's an essential piece to the PS4 formula, I have no expectation to see it return to that glory. But I think the most important part to understand is the file size of these games that we all want to see on PS Plus. They are really big. They are really, really big, and Sony knows that. Apart from perhaps a vast majority of owners outside of the US (I live in Australia, no fucking hope at all), they amount of server drain and inevitable service crashing means they have no choice but to be really, really picky about how they go forward with PS Plus title selection.

5. While I do think that the selection of avatars and themes are minimal on the PS4, I really do think it cuts out some of the garbage. One of the things that annoys me is the endless lists of non gaming related avatars now plaguing the PS3 avatar selection. I've never really cared for themes, but I like the Rectangular theme if only for the old school Resident Evil-esque sounds that come from menu navigation. I also think it was smart for Sony not to prioritise these for launch. It really is just aesthetics, and will never be a major selling point.

This is just guesswork/opinion. I haven't got a problem with the PS Store on PS4, with the exception that they haven't made adding funds to your wallet through a credit/debit card easy at all. Practically not there at all.

• Like 3

One thing I don't like about the PSN store on the PS4 is that I can't see what is available on the PS3 and Vita, if they don't want to show ps3 items then fair enough but you would think they would show the Vita a bit more love, especially with the remote play features and the playstation tv add-on. 

• Like 2

Now, before anyone takes my post seriously (I feel it could happen), I'm talking out of my ass here.

1. Digital copies are more expensive because server costs. They need money to pay for the electricity and networking that keeps the game available for download, hence the seemingly fixed price as opposed to markdowns on physical disc copies. On that note, usually when a product is marked down or made effectively free for PS Plus members, that discount portion is being paid off for users.

2. Digital only content is expensive because MONEY! I don't think it's nearly as unreasonably priced as DLC. I'm not opposed to DLC but a lot of the prices are cancerous to look at for what it is. But besides the point, it is a business aimed to make money. You can't expect everything of a particular archetype (this being digital only titles) to fall into discount forever. Whether anything you feel is a ripoff is of no concern to the people paying for the servers (I've seen my fair share of ripoffs, but I understand and don't mind).

3. The PS4 is a year old. Being a transitional period, they are probably making the PS3 seem super sweet with deals galore so as to successfully liquidate their remaining stock. I honestly think what you are seeing is a reflection of unprecedented success with the PS4, probably well beyond Sony's initial assumptions, and that's why we haven't got major deal breakthroughs on the PS4 as of yet.

4. PS Plus is a talking point that has a lot of love and hate instead of just all love since the PS4 rocked around. I understand if people are sick of the indie stuff, I mean I've downloaded all of them since launch and have hardly touched half. Hell will freeze over and serve ice cream before I even think about trying Outlast again. I feel we've become too entitled with the service and from pre-PS4, expect a ridiculously good line-up at all times. It was all essentially business tactics to gain more money, and it worked. Now that it's an essential piece to the PS4 formula, I have no expectation to see it return to that glory. But I think the most important part to understand is the file size of these games that we all want to see on PS Plus. They are really big. They are really, really big, and Sony knows that. Apart from perhaps a vast majority of owners outside of the US (I live in Australia, no fucking hope at all), they amount of server drain and inevitable service crashing means they have no choice but to be really, really picky about how they go forward with PS Plus title selection.

5. While I do think that the selection of avatars and themes are minimal on the PS4, I really do think it cuts out some of the garbage. One of the things that annoys me is the endless lists of non gaming related avatars now plaguing the PS3 avatar selection. I've never really cared for themes, but I like the Rectangular theme if only for the old school Resident Evil-esque sounds that come from menu navigation. I also think it was smart for Sony not to prioritise these for launch. It really is just aesthetics, and will never be a major selling point.

This is just guesswork/opinion. I haven't got a problem with the PS Store on PS4, with the exception that they haven't made adding funds to your wallet through a credit/debit card easy at all. Practically not there at all.

Shouldn't premium avatars be for sell on both PS3/PS4 systems? why does it have to be a PS3 only feature? I don't like the default ones at all well maybe the sly one but that's it, the rest is garbage, sure they have that profile picture feature but I don't actually like using that because then I'd have to reveal my real name to the net and I like my privacy so that's like forcing us to have our real names shown if we want to change our profile/avatar picture for free, I'd happly use that feature if the "show real name" crap was removed and just let us use a custom picture, I can understand themes being very minimal at the moment due to a different design to the OS and the console being fairly new etc I know but they could at least focus on the PS4 a little more than the PS3 in terms of say deals on games, actually allow premium avatars to be purchased through PS4 in stead of trying to replace it with the profile picture feature and also add as much themes as the PS3 because as buzz said everything is limited.

As I said, I believe the reason is that Sony has identified what are the main concepts they want to focus on and given anything lesser a lower priority rating. Avatars, Themes and the like are purely aesthetics. It's not wholly unreasonable that these features aren't up to speed with the likes of the PS3, and I think by not caving into needing everything ready at launch has provided them with a much more effective, successful machine.

I do know that any premium avatars on your PS3 are also available for the PS4. As far as shopping for any on the PS4, it isn't on the store. I also don't think you should be high strung on the whole avatar thing, it just looks like Sony doesn't care for it, which is fine. The same could be said about themes; they're nice, but not a necessary function. Take them as they come. At the very least, it should never reach the stage where user submitted content starts congesting every single page before you find a nice one. (Some of those are just so horrible).

As for game deals, just generally try not to expect there to be heaps at any given time. But more so, it feels like they don't exist since you'd expect most PS4 users to have PS Plus. Plus users get to see discounts on various games, although not by much to begin with.

Edited by AuzzieWingman

Eh.. I've been crying about this for ages.. 

The UK PS store is so over priced it's fucking useless. 

In my opinion, it takes either a very stupid person to buy digital games full price over the physical version on the UK PS store or a very lazy person.. 

It's such an unbelievable rip off, it's amazing how people fall for it. 

• Like 1

Eh.. I've been crying about this for ages.. 

The UK PS store is so over priced it's fucking useless. 

In my opinion, it takes either a very stupid person to buy digital games full price over the physical version on the UK PS store or a very lazy person.. 

It's such an unbelievable rip off, it's amazing how people fall for it. 

I totally agree mate.

This is so true :D I mean, at full price, how lazy can you possibly be?

Personally, i prefer physical copies, i like having a game in a box, plus my digital downloads tend to take a backseat to other games... like forever! :P

• Like 1

Digital copies are more convenient than physical copies. Don't like the prices? Get off your lazy ass and go to a game store then. 

Heavily supported like on the PS3? yeah I agree, PS4? no I don't agree, 54.99 for GTA V is outrages! mate, not to mention all the games on there are over priced considering they're last gen titles I expect at least good deals on em and I know I could get a great deal from physical, I just can not get my head around the prices for PS4 digital titles, should be what, 19.99/29.99 max for ps+ members! I don't exactly know how much digital PS4 games are for you guys in the states but here in the uk they are rocket high.

YOU'RE PAYING THE SAME PRICE FOR NEWLY RELEASED GAMES WHETHER ITS DIGITAL OR PHYSICAL

And 20 or 30 for a digital copy of a new game just because you have a service that's mainly meant for online play? You've gotta be braindead.

Edited by Recreatee

This is just part of the reason why I opted out of early adoption this gen. We didn't have digital titles in the beginning of the 2006 PS3 launch to complain about or to compare to anything....you could just keep playing your PS2 and PSOne discs on it until there was a price reduction on the RETAIL PS3 games that you wanted.

Welcome to 2014, where the customer gets effed over due to the past 7 years of loyalty and laurels they built for Sony to rest its big fat ass on.

Edited by merciful84
  • Like 1