$2,147,483,647 max cash.

VerCettI

All three of my single player characters have maxed bank accounts at $2,147,483,647. I got to about 700 mil each by saving the assassination missions until the end and following the guide for investments. After that I found some stocks to play with and maxed out my money. I looked up the number to see why this was the max and learned something:

The number 2,147,483,647 (or hexadecimal 7FFF,FFFF16) is the maximum positive value for a 32-bit signed binary integer in computing. It is therefore the maximum value for variables declared as integers (e.g., as int) in many programming languages, and the maximum possible score, money, etc. for many video games. The appearance of the number often reflects an error, overflow condition, or missing value.

• Like 3

All three of my single player characters have maxed bank accounts at $2,147,483,647. I got to about 700 mil each by saving the assassination missions until the end and following the guide for investments. After that I found some stocks to play with and maxed out my money. I looked up the number to see why this was the max and learned something:

The number 2,147,483,647 (or hexadecimal 7FFF,FFFF16) is the maximum positive value for a 32-bit signed binary integer in computing. It is therefore the maximum value for variables declared as integers (e.g., as int) in many programming languages, and the maximum possible score, money, etc. for many video games. The appearance of the number often reflects an error, overflow condition, or missing value.

Thats correct, I also learned today that Youtube also had the 32-Bit Integer, until Gangdam Style reached the maximum views, and they switched from 32-bit to 64 bit

It's also the reason why 32-bit operating systems can only access 2 gigabytes of internal memory, regardless of how much RAM is actually installed in the machine.- it simply can't allocate that many memory addresses with only 32-bit integers available.

Back on topic a bit.. congrats on reaching max-int (thrice).

So what you gonna do with it?

I don't really know. I've purchased all of the properties already. All garages and hangers and helipads are full. I'm currently buying every piece of clothing available.

It's just nice to be able to fully mod a car and not have to worry about losing it not to mention ammo funds. I don't like using cheat codes for ammo or spawning vehicles so I need the money.

• Like 1

I wish you could send me some... Franklin's hospital bills when he decided to go hunting for all those collectibles wiped out about a third of his net worth...

I take it you didn't use the quick save feature? Where you use your phone to quick save right before and after doing something like attempting a stunt jump. This way you reload without having a trip to the hospital if things go wrong. You can even quick save while in the plane doing knife flights so if you crash you just reload it and you're back in the plane before the crash. Huge time saver and hospital bill saver.

I'm glad there was someone else who knew this number...

Okay, back to thread, can you get negative number of money? (Not a GTA player)

If no, I don't really get why they used signed int.

Youtube uses signed int as well, even though there can't be negative number of views. Signed has to be more convenient in some way.

I take it you didn't use the quick save feature? Where you use your phone to quick save right before and after doing something like attempting a stunt jump. This way you reload without having a trip to the hospital if things go wrong. You can even quick save while in the plane doing knife flights so if you crash you just reload it and you're back in the plane before the crash. Huge time saver and hospital bill saver.

Dammit. No, I didn't use quick save. I'll make sure I do before attempting the jumps, bridges and knife flights. Thanks for the tip.

http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab144/JHo_de/GrandTheftAutoV_20141130013809_zps37bb3515.jpg

That's the first thing i did :D (-35 Cab costs)

Missed all those stock things on my first run on PS3, so I never heard that phone call from the manager, either. "I didn't know you were that rich.." :D

Edited by dalailama1989