Tekken 7 Chief Developer doesn't care for your mixed reactions!

ZeroXOF

But seriously, do people even care about Tekken? You have western fighters like Mortal Kombat and Injustice stepping up and revolutionizing the cinematic story telling for the fighting genre, as well as Street Fighter being a mainstay for serious fighting fans. Tekken has always been the B tier fighter you played when there was no new Street Fighter to play or while the MK series was still garbage.

With MK X next year and Street Fighter 5 announced, i really can't even imagine the relevancy of a Tekken 7, especially if it intends to continue with the idiotic & lazy storytelling of the previous games.

But seriously, do people even care about Tekken? You have western fighters like Mortal Kombat and Injustice stepping up and revolutionizing the cinematic story telling for the fighting genre, as well as Street Fighter being a mainstay for serious fighting fans. Tekken has always been the B tier fighter you played when there was no new Street Fighter to play or while the MK series was still garbage.

With MK X next year and Street Fighter 5 announced, i really can't even imagine the relevancy of a Tekken 7, especially if it intends to continue with the idiotic & lazy storytelling of the previous games.

Tekken > all other fighters personally.  Mortal Kombat never interested me (only the catchy theme song), and Street Fighter felt too 'hardcore' sometimes (still love the franchise though).  Tekken was always a nice relaxed fighter to play where it didn't matter if you were super-skilled.  With Street Fighter I get inevitably bored after a while but I could play Tekken all day.  Just my humble two cents. :P

Whats supposed to be offensive about her? xD

"CUz she's looks so animes"

In English, I think people hate her because she looks a fan service character more than anything useful. 

so your paying like £40 for a game with slightly improved graphics with an extra girl character.... that's lame :/

That's the thing with realistic looking games, there is only so much they can do. They need to bring back the modes from Tekken 2. 

It doesn't matter. The Tekken series has been on a downhill slide since after Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection and this looks like it'll end up being the worst to date. Also, Harada is a total hypocrite.

I got love for you LeiFangFan85 but never ever doubt Harada-mon. 

Edited by Bear

Whats supposed to be offensive about her? xD

She doesn't have shimapan.

Um... I do.

Western fighters are... western. Who would play them?

i heard about this in one of alpha omega's youtube videos.....

what is wrong with these people?  tekken series is well known for it's weird characters, it's almost considered the tekken trade mark. we have a boxing raptor, a mother kangaroo and her child is in her pocket, a grizzly bear and a panda, a robot, a wooden training doll and demon's, an old man that can't even stand on it's feet's ( now he passed away ) a freak'n cartoony looking dinosaur with a big head that can breath fire and can beat you with a falcon fart, yet, no one complaint. then a catgirl like character shows up and people is like " KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!! " then they goes rising hay forks and torches and stuff.......

isn't ling xiaoyu is a bit similar to lucky chloe except she's not a dancer? still no one complaint about her at all :|   

So far im not liking the new characters in Tekken 7. Mind you, this is coming from someone who has played all the Tekken Games starting with Tekken 3. Katarina is so generic it hurts and Chloe is just ugggghhh....Claudio looks cool though but he reminds me too much of Rugal from KOF. We'll see how the game turns out but right now im very negative towards it.

Edited by Jetstream Sam