Steins;Gate announced to be released in 2015 for PS3/Vita outside of Japan

madalex1234

It's happening guys! A glimpse of the miracle we all wish for *o*

Will surely pick it up for either of the consoles if i can.

Now all i need is a localization of Marginal#4 idol of supernova and DRAMAtical murder re:code, and i'd be knocked down of happiness!

Gematsu contacted PQube with some questions, and this is what they had to say:

Will Steins;Gate be a retail or digital release in the west?

“I’m a big advocate of physical releases. So we’ll do our utmost to make sure it happens on both formats and in both territories.”

If retail, who is handling North American distribution?

“Hopefully we can confirm this in the new year.”

Are you using JAST USA’s translation?

“I can’t confirm with any certainty on this as yet, I’m afraid.”

This is a glorious day, I never expected Steins;Gate to come to America and Europe since the markets are dominated by first person shooters and visual novels are almost non existent but thank you PQube for bring it here, now the question is do I get it for PSVita or PS3. I was trying to save for a PS4 but fuck that shit, I am getting this first.

Caren%20shut%20up%20and%20take%20my%20mo

This is also what I've been thinking. Though the chances of localization outside side of japan doesn't seem very high because of all the licensing they would have to do. But hey there's always that chance. 

Cool, I wasn't expecting that. Now all we need is J-Stars Victory Vs.

Trust me, you don't need to know Japanese to play this game. There are plenty of guides and menu translations online, and the gameplay is super intuitive. Easily one of the more accessible imports I've ever played.

Oh man I am so excited for this game. I've been debating on getting the PC version but I might pic up the Vita and PS3 versions then top it all off with the PC version (if they don't use JAST's translations :c )

Please let this mean there is hope for some other Nitro+ games...like DRAMAtical Murder re:code. Or maybe getting Robotics;Notes, Clannad on consoles, etc....

Very nice to hear how more and more visual novel games are slowly making their way over to both PS3 and Vita. Can't wait until a proper release date is announced so that I can preorder the game.

On a side note, since Criminal Girls Invite Only is being released for the February, is the game worth purchasing? I haven't seen much gameplay, aside from the trailer itself.

If you’re one of the many who have recently started reading stuff like Virtues Last Reward or Danganronpa, then you’ll be pleased to know that Steins;Gate is an order of magnitude better than both those titles and, frankly, the finest Visual Noel I’ve ever read.

Easy plats are nice and all, but this statement is what sold me on it.

I so want it, right now... Day -1 purchase.

On a side note, since Criminal Girls Invite Only is being released for the February, is the game worth purchasing? I haven't seen much gameplay, aside from the trailer itself.

It's Steins;Gate. It is MORE THAN WORTH.

Trust me, you don't need to know Japanese to play this game. There are plenty of guides and menu translations online, and the gameplay is super intuitive. Easily one of the more accessible imports I've ever played.

And how much of the story have you understood?

If you played it just for the Plat, you wasted a brilliant read.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I've been told it's difficult to understand because of the terminology and sciency stuff. But yeah, if you meant to say that it's just an easy 2 hour platinum you're missing the point of VNs...