"Story Related" Trophy Tips

So often when a new Trophy Tip pops up, I'll take a look at to re-assure it isn't spam, or isn't in leet speak or what not.

Should trophy tips that just say "story related" be there? I understand a lot of trophies are this way, but the least one could do for a trophy like this is say when the trophy is awarded, or how to get through the level the trophy encompasses.

Pardon if this isn't the correct forum, I just found it to be the most suitable place.

• 1 year later...

Rather than starting a new thread on this I figured I would use my necromany skills to revive this dead one, haha. I have a suggestion that has to do with "Story Related" trophies :)

[suggestion]
Can we add a voting system to each trophy where users can flag a trophy as "Story Related"? Then, can we have a way of showing/hiding "Story Related" trophies on the trophy list and trophy guide pages? The voting system could be set so that if x number of votes are received, the system will flag the trophy as such. Now x could be 1 or 2 or whatever you think is appropriate Sly. To avoid accidental votes, you could also allow a person to delete their vote.

This could work well to avoid the non-tip tips that just say story related. It could also help with restricting spoilers and allow users to freely write appropriate tips on these trophies. 

Anybody else have thoughts on this?

• Like 3

Are there that many ? I've never seen one myself ...

I, personally, don't care too much about the "spoiler" aspect of the tips. I'm not looking at the tips after i've earned the trophy... I'm usually there before-hand getting information to help me with the trophy in question. My personal use of this would be to always hide the "Story Related" trophies because I know they are unmissable. I want to be able to focus solely on the peripheral requirements for the platinum.

I just expanded on the original idea a bit as that was the original intent of this thread. 

• Like 1

Rather than starting a new thread on this I figured I would use my necromany skills to revive this dead one, haha. I have a suggestion that has to do with "Story Related" trophies :)

[suggestion]

Can we add a voting system to each trophy where users can flag a trophy as "Story Related"? Then, can we have a way of showing/hiding "Story Related" trophies on the trophy list and trophy guide pages? The voting system could be set so that if x number of votes are received, the system will flag the trophy as such. Now x could be 1 or 2 or whatever you think is appropriate Sly. To avoid accidental votes, you could also allow a person to delete their vote.

This could work well to avoid the non-tip tips that just say story related. It could also help with restricting spoilers and allow users to freely write appropriate tips on these trophies. 

Anybody else have thoughts on this?

I agree with this. To make it more intuitive, how about instead of showing the '#-tip' bar at the bottom of said trophy icon, have it show 'story' and perhaps with a different colour background.

That way users will have an at-a-glance view to easily differentiate a 'real' tip from a 'story related (unmissable)' tip without unnecessary clicking. An optional 'show story related trophies' filter wouldn't hurt either for those who want to hide them completely.

• Like 1