Apparently you can get sued for resolution. (A judge is allowing the Killzone resolution case to go on)

ZeroXOF

Part of the article:

"In August we reported on a class action lawsuit that accused Sony of misleading gamers when it said Guerrilla Games' PlayStation 4-exclusive first-person shooter would run at a native 1080p resolution."

Read more at Eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-18-judge-allows-lawsuit-over-killzone-shadow-falls-1080p-graphics-to-proceed

My thoughts on this? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, this is stupid. 

Why shouldn't we be upset about this?  This is nothing like the 11 inch footlong, because that is within errors and bread shapes and sizes vary.  This is SONY saying something specifically, and advertising a product based on a lie.  At no point should this ever be ok.  I get that this is meaningless and that who really cares if it is 1080p or not, but that is not the issue.  The issue is that Sony lied.  If you are ok with this, are you ok with them showing you 'gameplay footage' that is pre-rendered and looks nothing like the final product?  Are you ok with them saying "will have multiplayer features" and then ship with no multiplayer at all?  How about "you don't need playstation eye" and then the game doesnt work without it.  What lies are ok and what lies aren't?  In my opinion, no lies should be ok, and if you want to say your game runs at native 1080p, then it better damn well run at native 1080p.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Why shouldn't we be upset about this?  This is nothing like the 11 inch footlong, because that is within errors and bread shapes and sizes vary.  This is SONY saying something specifically, and advertising a product based on a lie.  At no point should this ever be ok.  I get that this is meaningless and that who really cares if it is 1080p or not, but that is not the issue.  The issue is that Sony lied.  If you are ok with this, are you ok with them showing you 'gameplay footage' that is pre-rendered and looks nothing like the final product?  Are you ok with them saying "will have multiplayer features" and then ship with no multiplayer at all?  How about "you don't need playstation eye" and then the game doesnt work without it.  What lies are ok and what lies aren't?  In my opinion, no lies should be ok, and if you want to say your game runs at native 1080p, then it better damn well run at native 1080p.

You're blowing it up out of proportion, the EXTRA PERIPHERAL example is nothing compared to a GRAPHICS lawsuit... As mentioned, the guy's TV may not do 1080p. But when I played, it looks like 1080p, my TV says 1080p, so is my TV lying? No, cause the game is 1080p.

Look at this Q&A: https://www.killzone.com/nl_NL/blog/news/2014-03-06_regarding-killzone-shadow-fall-and-1080p.html

The guy is a complete dumbass who didn't do his research and is in there for a money grab. End of story.

The guy is a complete dumbass who didn't do his research and is in there for a money grab. End of story.

Sounds like the lawyer is the one being the money-grab (I'm assuming there's a lawyer). I mean, the guy lost what, $60 plus tax if he bought it at launch? So his compensation should be $65 for his loss?

I know you guys in the US have punitive damages, but my impression was that those usually go to pay the lawyers. 

Edit: $65 per claimant, obviously, as it's a class action.

Edited by StrickenBiged

Sounds like the lawyer is the one being the money-grab (I'm assuming there's a lawyer). I mean, the guy lost what, $60 plus tax if he bought it at launch? So his compensation should be $65 for his loss?

I know you guys in the US have punitive damages, but my impression was that those usually go to pay the lawyers. 

Edit: $65 per claimant, obviously, as it's a class action.

I'm from Australia :P