Help again, this time with my controller

Agent-Oranje

Once again another issue with my ps. Now my controller wont work.

Here are the (new) symptoms:

When i press the ps buton on the controller it turns on the ps.but after that it wont do anything else.

I have pressed the little button on the back numerous times to reset it and it dosnt work. I had this issue before but it magically fixed itself. But now its happened again and dosnt seem to be fxing itself lol.

Its the official ps controller if it makes a difference.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Do you have it connected t the PS3 with the mini USB or are you trying it wireless? If you haven't yet, I'd try connecting it to the PS3 and testing it and if it still doesn't work I have no idea what to tell you. I've never had a PlayStation controller fail on me but if yours has I suppose the only thing to do would be buy another one.

Parker

• Like 3

Agent

the controller is coming on but then the controller isnt doing anything it has lost sync with your PS3 and on amount of messing around with leads and YOUR PS3 will resolve it.

Take the controller to another PS3 plug it into that unit with the lead and then hit the PS button.

The controller should start that machine.

Then disconnect the lead and switch off the second ps3 using the controller.

Take controller back to your PS3 and plug it in to it and hit the PS3 button.

It should magically be fixed.

If that doesnt work - you have hit it off too many walls!

• Like 3

Do you have it connected t the PS3 with the mini USB or are you trying it wireless? If you haven't yet, I'd try connecting it to the PS3 and testing it and if it still doesn't work I have no idea what to tell you. I've never had a PlayStation controller fail on me but if yours has I suppose the only thing to do would be buy another one.

Parker

Dont take this as gospel Agent, but it sounds familiar. Like Parker says make sure the USB is plugged in and the PS3 is on, then reset the controller. That should give it the kick up the ass it needs to re-assign itself correctly.

Tried that as well, it didnt work :( Thanks for the help though.

Let me ask you something, I wan't you to answer me honestly too. How many times has that controller been chucked into a wall? Because it seriously sounds like the symptoms my controller had when I played Call of Duty...

Lol to be honest with this controller not once lol. I broke one before and I realised that it was quite a stupid(and expensive) thing to do :P

Agent

the controller is coming on but then the controller isnt doing anything it has lost sync with your PS3 and on amount of messing around with leads and YOUR PS3 will resolve it.

Take the controller to another PS3 plug it into that unit with the lead and then hit the PS button.

The controller should start that machine.

Then disconnect the lead and switch off the second ps3 using the controller.

Take controller back to your PS3 and plug it in to it and hit the PS3 button.

It should magically be fixed.

If that doesnt work - you have hit it off too many walls!

Holy shit lol. Cant believe that worked!!!! Luckily i have 2 ps3's to check on the spot. This sounds very weird but it worked. Thanks a lot man!! :)

The only other question I can think of is how old is it? I had a ps controller fail on me some time ago but it was the original packed in with the machine. I guess it just said enough is enough and pooped out.

It is a launch controller in 2007. So it is rather old now :S

Once again thanks a lot for your help guys! :)

you should try connecting it to the ps3 with the usb cable, then pressing the home button. if that doesnt work, turn off the ps3, and press and hold the power button until you hear three beeps, this will take you to the recovery menu. rebuild database (dont worry, you wont lose any save data, or any trophies. this just speeds up the ps3 a bit by cleaning it of junk and fixes some errors). this requires you to plug in the controller. just in case this doesnt work, make sure to have a keyboard. the keyboard can actually be used as a controller in the XMB.

• Like 1

Holy shit lol. Cant believe that worked!!!! Luckily i have 2 ps3's to check on the spot. This sounds very weird but it worked. Thanks a lot man!! :)

I worked this out a couple of years back when my brothers controller started doing the same thing. It has never looked back since either.

• Like 2