Instantly Win Races Cheat - PSN Version

MMDE

Introduction
Entering this cheat will make you instantly win a race. I'm not sure what versions of the game this cheat works with, but I know it worked with my EU PSN version. I also know it doesn't work with at least some of the disc version, simply because they can't update to the same patch. I need help to verify what versions of the game the cheat works with.

Known Working Versions
  • PSN
    • Europe v1.14
    • Australian/NZ v1.14
    • HK v1.14
    • (EU) Ferrari The Race Experience
  • Disc
    • None (as far as I know)

Known Not Working Versions
  • PSN
    • (NA) "Absolute Supercars" v1.03
  • Disc
    • Everywhere v1.13 (as far as I know)

Cheat Menu
After you start a race, and the 3, 2, 1, GO messages have disappeared from the screen, you can hold down the :select: button and a little number will appear in the bottom left corner of the screen. This number decides what spot you end up at when you activate the cheat and you can change it by holding down the :select: button and pressing the :l1: button. To activate the cheat, and instantly end the race, hold down :select: and press :r1:! Unless you've changed the number, it should already be at 1, so all you need to do is to wait for the GO message to disappear before pressing and holding down the :select: button and then pressing :r1: once to win the race.
  1. Wait for the 3, 2, 1, GO messages to disappear
  2. :select:+ :r1:

How it affects the game
Almost all trophies works well with the cheat, so it renders the game a very easy 1/10  and obtainable in less than 4 hours. Most of those 4 hours is spent on loading screens (taking between 30-60 seconds) and then for the race to start (another 10 seconds). The cheat does not work with the online play, but that shouldn't take longer than 2 minutes or so (you don't need to race more than one 45 seconds lap online).
Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

• 7 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 01/09/2022 at 6:25 PM, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

Exactly :)

There seems to be even another disc version which features the cheat:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/311984-supercar-challenge-psn-v114-disk-i-found/

Does this cheat only work for the supercar challenge game or does it also work for the Ferrari challenge game too?