WARNING - READ

xxdmcgee2288xx

So yeah don't ask me how and I haven't heard of this happening to anyone else with the vita much the less this game.. But my vita deleted (or somehow the file was corrupt, which makes less sense) my KZM save data. I was in contract mode and I turned my vita off (at least 90% certain that it wasn't auto saving, feel 98% sure) went to sleep, woke back up, and boom. It prompted me during the load up. It said my save file could not be recognized or that it couldn't be loaded to which I could only say ok to. Then it asked me if I'd like to play without said save data loaded and I said no. It loaded anyway, and before u even hit the main menu it auto saves. It whipped away everything. I lost it all. 30+ hours... And I'm not about to start all over. I traded it in, washed my hands of it. Ps+ owners should frequently back up their saves with diligence to avoid having this happen to them as well. I didn't, and now I won't ever have that plat. It's a great game and I've got nothing but good things to day about it. But it was heartbreaking to have that happen. I was really starting to love the game and I had just started getting back into it after putting it down for awhile. Anyway. You've been warned.

• 5 months later...

Probably it was in sleep mode and I just turned it off or whatever without thinking about it. When I went to turn it off it was probably auto saving or something stupid like that as the console was going from sleep mode to shutdown mode... Lost all my progress.. Rather upset about it too.. Haven't been able to look at my vita or play it enjoyably since. I should add that I got ps4 a couple months or so later anyways.. But yeah.. I was looking forward to getting this plat and keeping it in my vita collection (as it was hard copy, retail) but yeah.. Pretty heartbreaking stuff..

<\3

Ouch! Sorry to hear this man... I loved this game so much. Certainly my favorite game on the PS Vita. However, if I had 30+ hours in and had to restart I wouldn't do it. Maybe in a year I would, but certainly not in the near future. I remember with Terminator Salvation my save file got corrupt during the final mission. Just like you, I traded it in, washed my hands, and didn't look back. 

• 6 months later...

I got my save after not touching it for a month or two. Started it up and lost some multiplayer games, the valour cards and a campaign mission or two, but when I started it to go for the plat, I didn't run into this problem. Sounds like you are the only one mate :P