Game still available to buy...Kinda...

Ok as everyone knows the game was removed from the PSN a few years ago, although there's still a way to buy the game if you're willing to, and yes, it's legal.

Thing is, the game is still available to buy from the HK PSN store, you'll just need to create a HK account and buy one HK PSN card.

So if you would love to get the game this might be your last chance.

August 2017 EDIT: The game appears to have been removed from the HK store, so I guess that's it... Thanks @charlijaen for the heads up.

Edited by Devil_Spooky

Good tip! That said though, this remake isn't particularly great, and you're just better off playing the original on an emulator.

I actually love it, it's exactly like the original, only the music is different (and no, this is not missing any levels/bosses, those things where new for the SNES version and where not included on the arcade version, even though I think it's stupid they opted for the arcade one instead), don't really see why people give it so much crap...

To me, a big part of the reason why the original SNES version was so memorable was the music. A big part of me was let down when I went through the game and the music was a totally different and not-as-catchy soundtrack. If they remastered the original soundtrack (like they did for Ducktales Remastered) then this game would have been amazing.

I agree that the soundtrack was an integral part of the experience. Also graphically, the game didn't do very much for me. I wish we'd gotten a straight port of the game like the XBox Live Arcade did. 

(That said though, I fully admit that this was one of my favorite games as a kid, so all this might just be nostalgia talking.)

To me, a big part of the reason why the original SNES version was so memorable was the music. A big part of me was let down when I went through the game and the music was a totally different and not-as-catchy soundtrack. If they remastered the original soundtrack (like they did for Ducktales Remastered) then this game would have been amazing.

They only changed the soundtrack because they didn't had the rights for it, they had really no other option. But yeah, I can still hum the entire original soundtrack by memory, it was brilliant.

I agree that the soundtrack was an integral part of the experience. Also graphically, the game didn't do very much for me. I wish we'd gotten a straight port of the game like the XBox Live Arcade did. 

(That said though, I fully admit that this was one of my favorite games as a kid, so all this might just be nostalgia talking.)

I liked it, it's bright and colorfull. And Xbox got the exact same game as the PSN did, what they had was a port of the original Arcade game that we never got, it's not this game, but actually the very first TMNT Arcade game, released years before this one.

In the end yeah, the SNES version is the superior one, but it's not fair to compare this one with it, but if you compare this with the original Arcade release then they are basically the same game, it's just that this one has the better graphics, and the Arcade one the better music.

• 1 year later...

Can someone give me step by step instructions on exactly how to purchase this for my USA PS3?  I don't wanna mess something up and not be able to use it and waste money or something.  Never bought anything on a website before, only the PSN store.

- Create an new account on your PS3, it has to be the Hong Kong PSN.

- Download the demo and let it install.

- Buy a HK$80 PSN card.

- Redeem the code you get in your e-mail on the HK PSN.

- Buy the unlock key.

- Now you can log out and go into your main account and enjoy the game.

As long as you don't delete the HK PSN account and the game you'll be able to play it anytime you want on your main one, also make sure you follow this steps in the order I posted them, because if you buy the unlock key before you donwload the Demo you won't be able to play it, you would need to create a second HK account to download it to use the Unlock key you bought on the first one, the reason for this is because for some reason the option to download the demo (the actual game file) will disappear from the store once you buy the unlock key. And yes, the game will be in English and you'll be able to play online.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Kleusus said:

Do you think is possible to directly pay with paypal from the HK store without buy the psn card?

To my knowledge the card or paypal account you want to use has to be from the same country as the PSN store you want to buy from.

It used to work with paypal, but they changed something a couple years ago.

Edited by soniq

21 hours ago, Kleusus said:

Do you think is possible to directly pay with paypal from the HK store without buy the psn card?

I really don't know, but PlayAsia is legit and they'll send you the PSN code to your e-mail as soon as they get the money so you don't have to wait long.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, NoMoreHeroes75 said:

guess they noticed people buying this game and thinking "oh yeah we forgot to take this off" glad I managed to get this thanks to you

Nahh, probably Korea had the license for a bit longer, there where other games like that there like the Simpsons and some others, publishers have to pay for licensing for each region they intend to publish the games, this one was probably bought at a later date (and thus ending at a later date as well) or just had more time under licensing.

Glad that at least someone was able to buy it in time :D