Monty Oum has passed away

StormRacer872

I imagine a lot of people here have heard of Rooster Teeth. They do a variety of video productions, ranging from let's play videos to the animated web series' Red vs. Blue and RWBY. 

Anyone who is familiar with RWBY, Red vs. Blue, or Rooster Teeth in general may recognize the name Monty Oum. He worked on what are my favourite Red vs. Blue animations in the entire series, and he was the creator, as well as co-writer and co-director, of RWBY. 

Yesterday afternoon, Monty passed away due to a severe allergic reaction which he was unable to recover from. His personal friend wrote a post on the Rooster Teeth website in regards to Monty's passing, which can be found here: http://roosterteeth.com/members/journal/entry.php?id=3302319

I myself never saw much of Monty on video, but his creations were brilliant. I personally love RWBY, and I'll most certainly be watching some of it later today in honour of him. 

Rest in peace, Monty. You certainly left your mark in this world, and your creations will continue to live on and be admired by many.

What?! No, goddamn it! I knew that he was deeply ill, but I didn't even imagine that there was a bit tiny chance of him passing away! Well... do rest in peace, Monty Oum. You will dearly be missed. Man, even when fans of his started to help and donate for health reasons, (I myself as well donated for him) he still ended up passing away. :(

I heard about this about half an hour ago and it sure is very sad news indeed  :(  I remember the very first time that Monty's magical animation was placed into the Red vs Blue universe and my jaw dropped. Then his creation of RWBY was on a whole new level, such a fantastic series. I hope the RWBY series lives on in his honor! I know Monty brought a lot of smiles and excitement to millions of people and his creations will definitely live on forever. I'm definitely gonna miss Monty Oum

• Like 2

Man, im not a very emotional guy when it comes to stuff like this, but Monty was such an amazing guy, he had a drive that is rarely seen on people and so much of the things he said always hit hard and made so much sense. I got so teary eyed listening to the last Podcast were the RT guys shared their best memories of him. Rest In Peace Monty Oum, your work will live on forever.

Keep Moving Forwards.

• Like 2

I still can't watch the tribute video Rooster Teeth posted on youtube...don't want to  :(

Personally, I'd suggest watching it. I can understand why you wouldn't want to, so by all means, if you want to stick with that, that makes perfect sense. But it's really a lovely video showcasing the amazingness of Monty, compressed down into a few short minutes.