How hard?

zafira1290

So i see that it's a kids game but i watched a couple of videos played by adults from youtube and they didn't seem to be really good at it so are the controls awful or something or what makes the game so hard. I really would like to pick this up when they fix the save corrupt problems. Anyone who has completed this to 100%, tell me was it hard.

I haven't finished the game yet, but I'm playing through on hard right now. The levels in the first two chapters are easy. I'm in the third chapter now, and things are starting to get extremely difficult/unfair feeling. In some portions, there's very little room for error and you have to move very quickly. I'm kinda tempted to just throw the difficulty down to easy and see what the difference is.

I've yet to have any crashes/save corruption. But to be on the safe side I've been uploading my save to the cloud after every level!

Edited by Deadpoolian

I haven't finished the game yet, but I'm playing through on hard right now. The levels in the first two chapters are easy. I'm in the third chapter now, and things are starting to get extremely difficult/unfair feeling. In some portions, there's very little room for error and you have to move very quickly. I'm kinda tempted to just throw the difficulty down to easy and see what the difference is.

I've yet to have any crashes/save corruption. But to be on the safe side I've been uploading my save to the cloud after every level!

As he said, it starts off extremely easy but then the game kicks (heh) it up a notch at around the end of the second chapter. The second boss is really annoying and things don't get much easier from there. Trial and error doesn't even begin to describe it and be prepared to see those alternating electrical barriers a hell of a lot at around the 4th Chapter.  It's not a bad game though but it is prone to frequent crashing at least on my end, but there's been no save issues in my experience.

I just finished the game on hard and chapters 4-5 took quite a lot of patience and perseverance. There are places when you have to feel the right moment to jump in or an angle and it takes even dozens of tries. But it was worth it, I'm totally satisfied. Now I have to get back to 5 levels and collect all 50 small gears :)

Oh, as for crushes, I had only one. It didn't corrupt my save but to be sure after reading reports from others I frequently updated the save in the cloud.

EDIT

And I have 100% :D

Edited by TandemHQ

Yeeaaah, I ended up turning it down to easy. Finished the game at least! The levels themselves are identical even on different difficulty settings. The things that change are: on easy you'll have a line to assist you when aiming, and you'll be able to die way more times before the level resets. Ha, even on easy there were still a few levels that were hell.

I'd say only play on hard if you really love a good challenge. 

Never got a single crash during my time with the game. I wonder how common of an issue the whole crash thing is.

• Like 1

The same goes with normal, you have line and a little less tries than on easy.

As for crashes, I had only two and two times continue throw me to the same level. Yesterday on Twitter folks from Jaywalkers said that they are aware the issues and started to work on patch.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...