Tales of Zestiria confirmed for PC

Venocide

On topic, I can't wait for this too. Heard some sucky things about the main protagonist leaving apparently.

Can't wait for this, I'm excited to see all the 3rd party japanese devs making their way to PC. I want Disgaea and Persona 5 next!

I think Sony would try and fight this. It wouldn't look good for them if their 3rd party exclusives went to other competitors. I also fear that with the unity of windows 10 and xbox one, that will also impact on Sony lol., I do support this, I want choice and freedom.

On topic, I can't wait for this too. Heard some sucky things about the main protagonist leaving apparently.

I think Sony would try and fight this. It wouldn't look good for them if their 3rd party exclusives went to other competitors. I also fear that with the unity of windows 10 and xbox one, that will also impact on Sony lol., I do support this, I want choice and freedom.

Its possible but I don't think its likely because aside from Persona none of these games are major system sellers. lol

I'd like to see their response to that though, hopefully it results in better first party games and they don't go the Microsoft route of buying out 3rd party titles like Tomb Raider >_<

Its possible but I don't think its likely because aside from Persona none of these games are major system sellers. lol

I'd like to see their response to that though, hopefully it results in better first party games and they don't go the Microsoft route of buying out 3rd party titles like Tomb Raider >_<

If D5 flops, NISA have no choice but to go to the next best thing and that's PC/ND3DS. Persona would probably do well on Xbox and PC getting it digitally and PS still getting it digitally/retail. MS have been doing the same thing that Sony did to Nintendo, Sony is not the victim here. 

Persona's not happening, Atlus wants money.

And NIS doesn't even not what PC is.

NIS ain't in good shape so I think they will start considering PC/Steam is more cheaper to develop for. Persona is being hurt by exclusivity so unless it sell 2 million copies in the fiscal year, get ready for Persona for PC, lol. I want to hear you opinions, Satoshi. 

How is Persona hurt by exclusivity? The whole fanbase is on Playstation if you look at the sales of the fighting games. And I doubt you'll see Disgaea on anything but Playstation since you might as well consider NIS to be first-party since they've been getting money injection from Sony and I don't think they'll try their luck at the 3DS considering how atrocious Disgaea DS sold.

if you're gonna troll at least put some effort into it. 

• Like 2

NIS ain't in good shape so I think they will start considering PC/Steam is more cheaper to develop for. Persona is being hurt by exclusivity so unless it sell 2 million copies in the fiscal year, get ready for Persona for PC, lol. I want to hear you opinions, Satoshi. 

NIS not being in good shape is definitely valid. But being in bad shape in Japan means mobile gaming, definitely not PC.

Also, I might not be correct about this as I don't follow Steam releases but aren't all PC releases strictly in hands of localization companies? (XSEED, IFI, Bamco (only because they can release it digitally))

Unless there is a main developer of some J-game releasing on Steam, we cannot really see the games that are being localized by their developers as possible Steam releases.

Atlus is not living of Persona. Atlus is living out of the whole SMT series. And that definitely doesn't require PC.

Also you probably just threw the 2M randomly but I can bet my P4G Plat on 2M P5 copies sold in the first month.

You are giving PC too much credit. As long as piracy of the games is easy as now, it won't ever be as profitable as staying console-exclusive.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

NIS not being in good shape is definitely valid. But being in bad shape in Japan means mobile gaming, definitely not PC.

Also, I might not be correct about this as I don't follow Steam releases but aren't all PC releases strictly in hands of localization companies? (XSEED, IFI, Bamco (only because they can release it digitally))

Unless there is a main developer of some J-game releasing on Steam, we cannot really see the games that are being localized by their developers as possible Steam releases.

Atlus is not living of Persona. Atlus is living out of the whole SMT series. And that definitely doesn't require PC.

Also you probably just threw the 2M randomly but I can bet my P4G Plat on 2M P5 copies sold in the first month.

You are giving PC too much credit. As long as piracy of the games is easy as now, it won't ever be as profitable as staying console-exclusive.

I know Atlus uses the whole SMT series, sorry I didn't mention that. I was just reading certain sites, so take it will a grain of salt but the persona series has only reached 6 million sold in it's lifetime. I really want to know how Persona 5 is going to top 2 million in a month? 1 mill maybe be doable but 2 is a lot. The thing is that many developers are now porting old games to pc and seeing decent returns just like Sega and Konami to some extent. 

We will know soon enough when P5 releases for a month or two. 

I really want to know how Persona 5 is going to top 2 million in a month? 1 mill maybe be doable but 2 is a lot. 

The hype, the hype is unreal =)

Plus, for the first time, the release isn't limited by anything.

Since the game is for both PS3 and PS4 owners. It's definitely a something else from P4G which was for Vita or the older Personas which were for PS2 and Persona as a series didn't spread that much since P1 and P2 weren't made for mainstream audience.

Maybe I overestimate Persona fanbase, but I believe that 2M is a very possible goal =)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

The hype, the hype is unreal =)

Plus, for the first time, the release isn't limited by anything.

Since the game is for both PS3 and PS4 owners. It's definitely a something else from P4G which was for Vita or the older Personas which were for PS2 and Persona as a series didn't spread that much since P1 and P2 weren't made for mainstream audience.

Maybe I overestimate Persona fanbase, but I believe that 2M is a very possible goal =)

I hope so, because you yourself said the game appeals to a niche audience. I for one, would love a more action rpg version but that's not coming, is it? :(

Edited by ZeroXOF

Persona's not happening, Atlus wants money.

And NIS doesn't even not what PC is.

Atlus would make more money multiplatform than they would on PS4, unless Sony secures a deal with them.

And of course NIS knows what PC is, how do you think their games are made? Whether or not they realize they can take advantage of the surge of popularity on PC platforms like Steam for Japanese games is another story though.

Also piracy is no more an issue on PC than used games are on consoles. 

Edited by Hailst0rm_2

Atlus would make more money multiplatform than they would on PS4, unless Sony secures a deal with them.

How exactly? XBone is non-existent in Japan and I could bet my money that the percentage of people interested in Persona and owning XBone in west isn't considerable enough.

They do release Arenas multiplatform so they do know the advantages of it, but as you can see, it doesn't seem to be profitable enough.

• Like 1

Is quite obvious Jap devs will start porting more and more to pc since ps4/xbone have a very pc like architecture so the porting process isn't a exactly hard/expensive. The only problem is that the releases compared to consoles are months late and for someone who mostly play JRPGs I am not waiting months just for better textures/fps. Another game which was recently announced for pc is Toukiden which again been out for the ps4/vita for like 2 months now.

• Like 1

How exactly? XBone is non-existent in Japan and I could bet my money that the percentage of people interested in Persona and owning XBone in west isn't considerable enough.

They do release Arenas multiplatform so they do know the advantages of it, but as you can see, it doesn't seem to be profitable enough.

The X1 may not be existent in Japan but it exists in many other countries. None of these developers have tried digital releases and none seem to really promote their games for western fans, maybe they are happy with modest or safe incomes? PA was just because it was spin off, it wasn't because they want to see if xbox would bring in many sales. Also the reason why PA did bad was because it was weird for Xbox and PS fans just weren't buying. At the end of the day, if they want more success they will strongly need to consider multi-platform. 

Is quite obvious Jap devs will start porting more and more to pc since ps4/xbone have a very pc like architecture so the porting process isn't a exactly hard/expensive. The only problem is that the releases compared to consoles are months late and for someone who mostly play JRPGs I am not waiting months just for better textures/fps. Another game which was recently announced for pc is Toukiden which again been out for the ps4/vita for like 2 months now.

It's clear that the western tactics come into this. I could not imagine Acty being this slow to port games over. 

How is Persona hurt by exclusivity? The whole fanbase is on Playstation if you look at the sales of the fighting games. And I doubt you'll see Disgaea on anything but Playstation since you might as well consider NIS to be first-party since they've been getting money injection from Sony and I don't think they'll try their luck at the 3DS considering how atrocious Disgaea DS sold.

if you're gonna troll at least put some effort into it. 

I didn't see your post, sorry.

1) I think most games, whatever they are sell better due to being multi-platform.

2) A Whole fan-base can change any time.

3) NIS will never go First Party that would be suicide.

4) One port of an old game that wasn't optimized properly isn't proof that multi-platform is bad for them.

5) If your going to defend something use hard facts, you did it for backup your disgaea argument . Assuming I'm trolling is stupid.  

Edited by ZeroXOF
  • Like 1

I hope so, because you yourself said the game appeals to a niche audience. I for one, would love a more action rpg version but that's not coming, is it? :(

If they did make that: it'd be a spin off game. Atlus would never turn the main Persona games into something it's not for the sake of appealing to western audiences. This franchise is huge in Japan; About as big as Final Fantasy. I don't know what Satoshi did to make you think it's "niche". I think it's an amazing franchise that's leagues beyond Final Fantasy. It's just that it's not advertised as much as the "big AAA" franchises here in America and it also has anime visuals. The latter just scares the casuals away because here in America "If it doesn't look good: It's not good".

If they went multiplatform, it'd only be Steam releases for those games. Nintendo is leagues behind when it comes to tech so it would just be a pain in the ass to make those games possible on their platforms unless developed exclusively. As far as Xbox goes, this game was made by Japanese company. Do you know how awful the Xbone is doing over there? While their competitor's systems (even the Vita) manage to sell over 10k every week in Japan, Microsoft is struggling to sell 1k Xbones every month over there. It'd still do awful in America because the Xbox fanbase hates anime games more than anything for being "childish"...when it comes to visuals. :facepalm: If they were to localize an Xbox version of this game, They'd have to do the full package and make a retail release to. While the Steam crowd is fine with digital only releases, The Xbox fanbase would not be. They would make disc versions of the game; thus being more expensive thus not being worth it.

Also piracy is no more an issue on PC than used games are on consoles. 

The difference between those two is how you get them. When you pirate a PC game you get it for free and the developer/publisher doesn't get money. When you buy a game used the developer/publisher doesn't get money, but you still paid for it and to make a used game means someone had to have bought the game before you which gave money to said developer/publisher.

• Like 1

If they did make that: it'd be a spin off game. Atlus would never turn the main Persona games into something it's not for the sake of appealing to western audiences. This franchise is huge in Japan; About as big as Final Fantasy. I don't know what Satoshi did to make you think it's "niche". I think it's an amazing franchise that's leagues beyond Final Fantasy. It's just that it's not advertised as much as the "big AAA" franchises here in America and it also has anime visuals. The latter just scares the casuals away because here in America "If it doesn't look good: It's not good".

If they went multiplatform, it'd only be Steam releases for those games. Nintendo is leagues behind when it comes to tech so it would just be a pain in the ass to make those games possible on their platforms unless developed exclusively. As far as Xbox goes, this game was made by Japanese company. Do you know how awful the Xbone is doing over there? While their competitor's systems (even the Vita) manage to sell over 10k every week in Japan, Microsoft is struggling to sell 1k Xbones every month over there. It'd still do awful in America because the Xbox fanbase hates anime games more than anything for being "childish"...when it comes to visuals. :facepalm: If they were to localize an Xbox version of this game, They'd have to do the full package and make a retail release to. While the Steam crowd is fine with digital only releases, The Xbox fanbase would not be. They would make disc versions of the game; thus being more expensive thus not being worth it.

The difference between those two is how you get them. When you pirate a PC game you get it for free and the developer/publisher doesn't get money. When you buy a game used the developer/publisher doesn't get money, but you still paid for it and to make a used game means someone had to have bought the game before you which gave money to said developer/publisher.

Yeah, I know it would be a spin off. Anime visuals is not what holds down many games, it's the console of platforms it could be played on that affects it. Nah, Satoshi was saying something in the E3 predication about Final Fantasy being more bigger worldwide which is clearly true. Many cartoon or graphically "not bad" good games have made it on all console, the "If it doesn't look good: It's not good" can't really be applied to MineCraft, Nintendo's whole empire, The Walking Dead, Call of Duty and many more. 

Anime visuals is not what holds down many games, it's the console of platforms it could be played on that affects it.

It shouldn't hold down many games, but when it comes to sales it does. The western market is so focused on games looking as realistic as possible in order to sell. I could see a Steam release of P5, but Xbox is completely out of the question.

Many cartoon or graphically "not bad" good games have made it on all console, the "If it doesn't look good: It's not good" can't really be applied to MineCraft, Nintendo's whole empire, The Walking Dead, Call of Duty and many more. 

1. Minecraft was praised for its creation tools alone. For a game that small to become that big is a one in a billion chance.

2. Nintendo has so much history behind them to back them up. Their franchises have been around so long that no gamer doesn't know their name.

3. Telltale's Walking Dead only needed some good reviews. AMC's Walking Dead is huge so most people already knew what it was before Telltale made a game for it.

4. Don't know why you included Call of Duty. That's a prime example of my "If it doesn't look good; it's not good" examples.

Nah, Satoshi was saying something in the E3 predication about Final Fantasy being more bigger worldwide which is clearly true.

On a technological and sales scale, FF is leagues beyond Persona. Like Nintendo, It has tons of history behind it compared to Persona. I just found Persona 4's gameplay and story to be much much better than Final Fantasy X. Those two released on the same system.

Yeah, I know it would be a spin off. Anime visuals is not what holds down many games, it's the console of platforms it could be played on that affects it. Nah, Satoshi was saying something in the E3 predication about Final Fantasy being more bigger worldwide which is clearly true. Many cartoon or graphically "not bad" good games have made it on all console, the "If it doesn't look good: It's not good" can't really be applied to MineCraft, Nintendo's whole empire, The Walking Dead, Call of Duty and many more. 

Flare explained the other games, I would just like to say something about Nintendo.

Nintendo lives from history. From the fact that it's here for many years.

90, maybe 95% of Nintendo customers are their longtime fans.

If you were to ask someone who is unaffected by growing up on Nintendo's IPs and still being a gamer, they would undoubtedly choose PS/MS because the games are graphics. 

Microsoft is struggling to sell 1k Xbones every month over there.

Man, they would be overjoyed if they sold 1000 =D They are struggling to get past 500 =D

And thanks for saying all those things, maybe if people hear it from someone else, it will be more valid =D

The difference between those is the money involved. When someone pirates a game, there no money lost or gained. When you buy a used game, yes someone had bought it previously but it was only meant for one person. With a used copy you're paying nearly full price for the game (usually $5-$10 less than new) but instead of the developer getting the money, the retailer takes it and uses it to profit and further promote used games and trade-ins that damage the industry.
There's also many reasons for piracy other than wanting free games, the game may be censored or not be available in the persons country, the person may have not even had the money to begin with and some people tend to even buy these games after enjoying them to either show their appreciation or access the full feature set available in the real copy.
I personally will sometimes pirate a game to test it on my different hardware setups to see where I can play it before I buy (I never do this to steal). With steams new refund policy I probably won't be doing this anymore though.

I'm not saying one may be worse than the other, but the massive success of platforms like Steam and PS show that neither used games, nor piracy are an issue. There's been a recent demand for Japanese games on PC and there has never been a better time to take advantage. 
I don't know about XBO's userbase would appreciate a game like this but I'm certain it will find a home on PC and possibly Wii U.

Yep. I bought my PS Vita solely so I could get P3P off the PSN store, Persona 4 Dancing All Night, and Persona 4 Golden. I imagine I'm not the only one who is like that.

I detest the Xbox. The controller is so awful to hold.