Tales of Zestiria confirmed for PC

Venocide

Bandai Namco’s Tales of Zestiria could be coming out on PC, according to a Steam database listing.

The listing, pointed out by NeoGAF, has since been altered to read “TOZ” rather than “Tales of Zestiria,” but screenshots managed to catch its original title.

Tales of Zestiria launched in Japan on PlayStation 3 last month and was slated for worldwide distribution in Q2 of this year.

This Steam database listing could mean a PC port alongside its PS3 version, but this is still unconfirmed.

talesneogafpng-daaa83_640w.png

Source: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/02/19/tales-of-zestiria-could-be-headed-to-pc-according-to-steam-db?abthid=54e623d9eb1c690e51000016

Wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be true, JRPGs have been seeing some love on the PC recently. 

Edit 12th June 15

Confirmed for PC:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/06/12/tales-of-zestiria-releasing-for-ps4-ps3-and-pc-in-october?abthid=557b117c19ff3ce645000007&utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=26&utm_campaign=Blogroll

Edited by Venocide
  • Like 2

i would much rather they had spent that time porting it to ps4 instead. I'd even take a straight port with little graphical overhaul. I just want a real jrpg to play on my ps4, which already has a sadly low game collection.

A PS4 version of that game is so confirmed after the Japanese rage outburst at the PS3 one.....a PC version would be pretty awesome too, but let's hope they port the PS4 edition with all the extra goods xD

japanese outrage for the ps3 version? What happened? Was the game terribly glitchy or something? :(

Edited by Ryumoau

There was an outrage? How come?

This should help, Japanese gamers were really pissed at the DLC for the game:

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/27/tales-zestiria-get-dlc-happens-alisha-game/ 

"This is just as well, as it appears that some Japanese gamers have not taken kindly to Tales of Zestiria, judging by the game’s Amazon reviews. Alisha’s role in the game and the writing of events surrounding her character seem to be a major point of discontent among players"

The game also currently has a 1.5 out of 5 star user rating on Amazon Japan right now. http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00O9SR9NK/4k6l0g8-22/ref=nosim/

Edited by Death_Ninja

There was an outrage? How come?

There are a number of reasons (before talking I say to everyone who reads to take this with a pinch of salt, as I haven't played the game myself and I am basing on friends from Japan who told me and could be exaggerating (or not))

1. The game came out and it blatantly looks as capped, incomplete. People started to think that the PS3 version was a money sucker to later release the full PS4 Zestiria experience

2. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

Alisha was advertised as co-protagonits with Sorey since Zestiria was announced. She became an absolute fan-favorite in Japan and everyone loved her. BUT she leaves the party for good at somepoint in the middle of the game and only returns for a battle or two. Her DLC costumes are thus rendered useless from the point she leaves onwards, which means wasted money. Curiously enough, shops keep selling tiers of her weapon (spears) after she leaves (as if she was meant to stay for the whole run). Japan utterly burned in flames and there are over 1200 1-star reviews on Amazon Japan. Outburst escalated after a DLC chapter featuring Alisha was announced less than a week after release.

3. Camera issues in closed areas, some bugs and glitches

4. Empty spaces, big and pretty, but empty, very few enemies.

There are some other issues with the game, and the outburst reached that point in which Amazon got such amount of copies of the game sold back to them that now they give you less than a dollar for your copy of Tales of Zestiria. Talk about epic failure :(

That been said, some people claim that the game is not awful, just not really great. A PS4 redemption edition is almost a given at this point, and NA/EU may even get that version directly, we'll have to wait and see.

Edited by Omar
  • Like 1

There are a number of reasons (before talking I say to everyone who reads to take this with a pinch of salt, as I haven't played the game myself and I am basing on friends from Japan who told me and could be exaggerating (or not))

1. The game came out and it blatantly looks as capped, incomplete. People started to think that the PS3 version was a money sucker to later release the full PS4 Zestiria experience

2. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

Alisha was advertised as co-protagonits with Sorey since Zestiria was announced. She became an absolute fan-favorite in Japan and everyone loved her. BUT she leaves the party for good at somepoint in the middle of the game and only returns for a battle or two. Her DLC costumes are thus rendered useless from the point she leaves onwards, which means wasted money. Curiously enough, shops keep selling tiers of her weapon (spears) after she leaves (as if she was meant to stay for the whole run). Japan utterly burned in flames and there are over 1200 1-star reviews on Amazon Japan. Outburst escalated after a DLC chapter featuring Alisha was announced less than a week after release.

3. Camera issues in closed areas, some bugs and glitches

4. Empty spaces, big and pretty, but empty, very few enemies.

There are some other issues with the game, and the outburst reached that point in which Amazon got such amount of copies of the game sold back to them that now they give you less than a dollar for your copy of Tales of Zestiria. Talk about epic failure :(

That been said, some people claim that the game is not awful, just not really great. A PS4 redemption edition is almost a given at this point, and NA/EU may even get that version directly, we'll have to wait and see.

i don't really care about some stupid japanese fanboys pissed about a character. But the other issues you listed that relate to actual gameplay has me concerned.

I hope the fact that we still haven't gotten a release date announcement yet means they were working on the ps4 version for western release. Hopefully that will fix the camera and framerate issues as well as place more enemies on the field.

The people that complain about Alisha's role in the story weren't around 6 years ago when Vesperia was released it seems.

They're unaware of Flynn's lack of a role even though he's posing on the 360 version's front cover with Yuri.

Alisha also has more of a role in Zestiria then Flynn did in Vesperia too.

Of course! Who doesn't buy game for waifus? =D

I don't. I buy them for the stories and gameplay. I couldn't care less about waifus.

Edited by Quaedam_Animae

i don't really care about some stupid japanese fanboys pissed about a character. But the other issues you listed that relate to actual gameplay has me concerned.

Agree completely, but in this case, it seems that Namco released an unfinished game. No one gives DLC for free, and the "It's the 20th anniversary of the Tales series!" excuse is particularly flimsy.

This is completely unsurprising to me, BTW. Although many will disagree, the Tales series has really gone down in quality, at least in terms of originality and whatnot. Look at the absolutely ATROCIOUS recycling of environments in Tales of Xillia (regardless of your opinion of the game itself, and I thought it was a soulless shell of a game, it was clear that they put 0 thought into design). Every city designed its port exactly the same. Tundras apparently have trees.

I didn't bother with Xillia 2 - maybe it was a major upscale. But ever since Symphonia, this series has gotten pretty weak (even though I liked Legendia enough, I am not so blind as to ignore its failures, and Abyss was pretty lazy, too).

why-dont-we-have-both.gif

Because it's Namco, silly!

• Like 1

I'm not going to lie - I didn't know what a "waifu" was before I saw your post, and the idea...is frightening to me. :unsure:

Its frightening you? :o

So... you are the husbandos-type? :)

Dont worry, its okay for me, Im political left, unreligious and I dont understand why everyone is thinking they have a right to a say what people should love or hate, or anything else about someone else feelings (note: religious feelings are no feelings...I mean, seriously, WHERE it hurts?). ^_^

There is a game come somewhen this year, namend "hatoful boyfriend" ... Guess Im buying it too, I mean, yeah, why not? ^_^

Dont worry, its okay for me, Im political left, unreligious and I dont understand why everyone is thinking they have a right to a say what people should love or hate, or anything else about someone else feelings (note: religious feelings are no feelings...I mean, seriously, WHERE it hurts?). ^_^

There is a game come somewhen this year, namend "hatoful boyfriend" ... Guess Im buying it too, I mean, yeah, why not? ^_^

wow could you sound anymore obnoxious in one post?

Why?

Whats wrong this time? :(

Some people say im sarcastic, other Im to critical and you now that I sound obnoxious ... 

In real Im just "soft", nice and avoid it trying to be too serious... dont get why people always see everywhere problems, or creating them when there is no problem...

Thank you, that you created a problem... where Im the mainsubject, again T_T

... Seriously, whats your problem?

Edited by Neputyunu

Holy smokes - you're reading a lot into my post!

I don't care if people like weird and frightening things. I like some myself. But this weird and frightening thing is...weird and frightening to me.

I like his/her posts. It certainly differs from the norm, which is good on the interwebz.

Edited by starcrunch061

Holy smokes - you're reading a lot into my post!

Or, I simply just wasnt serious at all... because Im never that serious. ^_^ Time is too short to waste it being a meanie. ^_^

I like his/her posts. It certainly differs from the norm, which is good on the interwebz.

...Someone who doesnt feel offended when I say something?! :o ... Crunchy-buddyyy!! T_T *hug*

Edited by Neputyunu