The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 2/24/2015(NA)

DarknessKey92

New PlayStation Games Releasing 2/24/2015 in North America  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which titles featured in "The Drop" will you pick up?

• Dragon Ball Xenoverse
    • Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires
    • htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary
    • Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart
    • Resident Evil Revelations 2: Episode 1
    • Starwhal: Just the Tip
    • Under Night In-Birth Exe-Late

I'm going to be doing this thread a bit early, since I'll be working all day Sunday...but i'll update the thread when I get back.

For now I'll just try it by what I know or can pull together(or actually completely by my own for once, without just copying & pasting a lot from Ryan Clements' article ..lol).

Anyway this February 24th is in my opinion an amazing Drop(@ least for me), due to how there are a lot of amazing titles I've been anticipating for months; titles such as:

1. Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late(I want this game already)
  2. Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart(already got my early shipped Limited Edition *O*)
  3. htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary(God I hope I can get this retail shipped after moving address)
  4. Dragon Ball Xenoverse

I'm gonna guess Dragon Ball Xenoverse or Resident Evil: Revelations 2 would be featured this week?...

New PlayStation Games This Week

Dragon Ball Xenoverse

PS4, PS3Digital(PS4 $59.99/PS3 $49.99), Retail(PS4 $59.99/PS3 $49.99)

game-dragon-ball-xenoverse-wallpapers.jp

The latest Dragon Ball game lets players customize and develop their own warrior from 5 races, including male or female, and more than 450 items to be used in online and offline adventures. Create the perfect character, learn new skills and train under the tutelage of your favorite Dragon Ball characters. Help Trunks fight new enemies and restore the original story of the series. Join 200+ players around the world in the Toki Toki City hub and fight with or against them, and compete in online tournaments!

Game was originally set to release last(This will make better sense tomorrow...lol) week(Feb. 17), but was delayed to Feb. 24

Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires

PS4, PS3 Digital(PS4 $49.99/PS3 $39.99), Retail(PS4 $49.99/PS3 $39.99)

Dinasty-W8_Empires.jpg

It focuses deeply on the chaotic lives of the warriors as their fateful decisions affect the rise and fall of the nations they bravely fight for. Players can select from 83 unique characters, or create their own original character with a plentitude of options through the edit function. The visual customization goes further with the newly implemented ability to customize their horses, banners and "normal" officers. 
Courageous warriors trudge through Ancient China with its vast plains, bleak wastelands, narrow ravines and immense castles as they slash through enemy lines. In DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 Empires, warriors must fight against not only enemies but also the forces of nature as the changing seasons bring new elements to the more than 35 battlefields affected by seasons and the passing of time.

PS VitaDigital($14.99), Retail($19.99)
htolniq1.jpg
In the depths of a labyrinthine ruin, a young girl named Mion rises from a deep sleep. Lost, alone, and with no memory of how she got here or where her parents are, she is greeted by two fireflies—one composed entirely of light, and another who lurks among the shadows. By shifting between a world of light and a world of shadows, these two fireflies must work together to recover Mion’s memories and lead her out of the ruins, where voracious shadow beasts, ancient machines, and treacherous traps lie in wait to bar her path. But what secrets do Mion’s lost memories contain? What is the connection between her, the ruins, and the fireflies lighting her escape? The answers may reveal a deeper darkness—one that must be faced from within...

PS Vita — Digital($39.99), Retail($39.99)
a1mwpj.jpg

Gamarket...
Similar, but separate from the world known as Gamindustri...
Neptune(Purple Heart), guards the nation of Planeptune.
Blanc(White Heart), guards the nation of Lowee.
Vert(Green Heart), guards the nation of Leanbox.
Noire(Black Heart), guards the nation of Lastation.
In order to unite the nations of this world, the four CPUs (Console Patron Units) compete with one another and fight for supremacy.
Right before Noire attains her ambition for a united Gamarket under Lastation’s rule, someone cuts off the source of the four CPUs’ powers(their Shares).
To save their world, which has been thrust into a state of chaos; the CPUs decide to join forces in order to bring Gamarket together under one single unified banner.
But what role will Noire play in this brand-new adventure...?

Resident Evil Revelations 2: Episode 1 & "Complete" Season Pass

PS4 PS3 — Digital: Episode 1($5.99) "Complete" Season Pass($24.99/comes with Ep.1)

jua5ut.jpg

In 2012 Capcom released Resident Evil: Revelations to the acclaim of Resident Evil fans everywhere. 
This was only the first chapter in the Revelations series. 
With story twists to keep you guessing and unparalleled scares guaranteed to make you jump, Capcom presents the highly anticipated second chapter Resident Evil: Revelations 2...with Claire & Barry set as the playable protagonists.

Starwhal: Just the Tip

PS4PS3 — Digital($11.99)

header.jpg?t=1418928442

The local multi-player space narwhal fighting game that has rocked the internet is finally ready for its big debut in a fully loaded release! Flop it out with 1-4 players in a retro, epic narwhal battle in space! The heart-piercing action is furious and unrelenting. STARWHAL will change your life.

Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late

PS3 — Digital($33.99/$23.79 for "Plus" members) , Retail($39.99)

Roster.png?eaa32f

Master all 16 characters, each with their own special abilities and moves. Under Night In-Birth offers stunning anime/comic book style visuals and explosive special attacks. Accessible to Everyone - Under Night In-Birth is made with all gamers in mind. The controls are accessible to everyone, but also advanced enough for even the most experienced fighting gamers.
More than a Fighting Game - Cult-favorite developer French Bread lends its creative talents to build the world of Under Night In-Birth with a compelling, dark tale filled with stylish visuals and mind-blowing fighting.
Legendary Network Mode Along with arcade versus and training modes Under Night In-Birth offers players the ability to battle with opponents from around the world.

Edited by DarknessKey92
  • Like 2

oooh... 2  new games this week has piqued my interest:

htoL#NiQ looks very interesting.. haven't played a platform puzzle for a while so might buy this in the future(probably not on day1)...

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - more HDN for Vita is yay for me... quite curious about HDN going SRPG and those characters based/parody on FF, Vocaloids, SF etc.  :jaymon:

I already have htoL#NiQ limited edition on pre order.

I'm interested in Dragonball XV, but I'm still not sure. I'm also interested in Revelations 2, but I've never played the first Revelations.

If I were to get Revelations 2, I would get it on PS4 or Vita and those are the two platforms I would prefer to play Revelations on at this point. Disc reader on PS3 is broken so I can't get a hard copy of Revelations.

hmm,the rugby 15 isnt mentioned here, and even then in the ps blog it's just listed as ps3/ps4, and while looking at the store for dlc's just found the game.. oh man .. as an average rugby lover, i'm wondering where to put my money.. rugby or noire (although i'm scared of all those lily ranks grinds)

hmm,the rugby 15 isnt mentioned here, and even then in the ps blog it's just listed as ps3/ps4, and while looking at the store for dlc's just found the game.. oh man .. as an average rugby lover, i'm wondering where to put my money.. rugby or noire (although i'm scared of all those lily ranks grinds)

I so much want to say Noire but since you already have the JP version Platted, go for rugby if you want :)

• Like 1