Final Fantasy X / X-2 coming to PS4 on May 12

Azaan60

I think the problem here is that you believe the conclusion is true, which it very well may be, but it doesn't follow from the premises. What was the premise? That Yuna had a staff in the marriage with Seymour. Let's look at the two things that makes the conclusion not follow from the premise.

Is this really a plot hole?

I already told you how she could have gotten away with it. I can't remember if it is explained, but so what if it isn't, she was able to. 

Was this more acceptable then than it is now?

I have absolutely no good reason to believe this is true. You will have to provide evidence for this. Another factor to take into consideration here is that the game has been out longer so it has had more time to be analyzed and nit picked. This may be something that is apparent to you now, and it may be that it was the first time you played it too, but why do you think it would have been more acceptable then than now?

What is an object example???

Also, yes, when something new is awing you, you may let them get away with certain stuff, and when you don't know it can be any better, you think highly of it at the time, even if it later gets done better. I totally agree with this. This wasn't my objection to what you said. I said your example doesn't convince me of the conclusion in this case. You also seem to forget there can be other factors. I also didn't say you can't dislike something you liked in the past, because of course you can.

As for story dialogue etc, I've never had any issue with in earlier FF games from SNES and out PS2. o.O It's not that I'm tired of it or expect better when it comes to for example FFXIII, and that's why I don't like the games. They're just nowhere near as good when it comes to story, characters, gameplay (which includes everything from battle, equipment, leveling system to what else you do in the game), soundtrack, the art style... Pretty much everything is done worse, and I can't fathom how they can do it all worse, when they've done so much better in the past. After replaying FFX on PS3, I'm even more confident when it comes to this. I actually played the FF games out of order, and FFX was one my earlier FF games, and so I directly compared it to like FFV, which I actually prefer. :S

I'm not going to hijack this thread any further, except to say that...you're wrong. B)  By your logic, I can literally explain away every plot hole in the world. After all, if I'm allowed to create my own narrative (a narrative which is absolutely not present in the game), let's say...time travel.

But this is neither here nor there. With the exception of FFX, I think we're in agreement on the most salient points. FF has degenerated over time. Whether that time began in the PS2 generation, or the PS3 generation, or even before, it has degenerated to this point, and I am worried about its future.

Besides, how would I really be upset with you? Your guide on Rainbow Moon from the old site is fantastic - I am using it to this day (and, although not a point for this thread, how did you get banned from there?).

I'm not going to hijack this thread any further, except to say that...you're wrong. B)  By your logic, I can literally explain away every plot hole in the world. After all, if I'm allowed to create my own narrative (a narrative which is absolutely not present in the game), let's say...time travel.

Time travel is never a thing that is established in the game. If they don't explain how she got it, I guess you want to call that a hole in the story, but do they really need to explain how she got it? Is it really that hard to understand how she could have done it? Do you think if this game was released now, it would have gotten away with not explaining this?

But this is neither here nor there. With the exception of FFX, I think we're in agreement on the most salient points. FF has degenerated over time. Whether that time began in the PS2 generation, or the PS3 generation, or even before, it has degenerated to this point, and I am worried about its future.

My biggest issue with FF is what happened seems to have happened when SquareSoft and Enix merged. The games just got a lot worse after that. SquareSoft made a ton of good SNES and PS1 games, and then PS2 comes around, and they make a handful good ones, and then PS3 even less.

FFXV looks to be interesting and good though, let's hope it is. It doesn't seem to be what I want of a FF game, but it may still be good.

I don't really care all that much about the graphics, and as such, I'd be so happy if they did something that played like the SNES or PS1 era games. Nowadays, such a game wouldn't cost that much to make either. It would have been awesome if they had like a side-series for this. I know they have released a couple of games similar to this on like mobile platforms and NDS etc, but damn, can't they release one with trophies too? lol This is why I'm excited about SaGa 2015, even if I don't have a vita. Hopefully it will be ported to PS3 or PS4.

Besides, how would I really be upset with you? Your guide on Rainbow Moon from the old site is fantastic - I am using it to this day (and, although not a point for this thread, how did you get banned from there?).

I can send you PM, because it's a long story, but long story short, I complained a bit, and they were douches. :P