Final Fantasy X / X-2 coming to PS4 on May 12

Azaan60

http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/03/03/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster-on-ps4-arriving-may

Square Enix has confirmed that Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster for PS4 will launch in North America on May 12, 2015. The game’s European and Australian/NZ launch date is yet to be announced but should fall during the same week.

The new North American version will include system-exclusive features and an exclusive calendar featuring artwork by prominent Japanese artist and character designer Yoshitaka Amano; the calendar will be available as a special pre-order bonus at participating retailers and the Square Enix Online Store. 

unnamed.jpg

Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster for PS4 brings together Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2, and also includes Final Fantasy X: Eternal Calm and Final Fantasy X-2: Last Mission (which were each originally exclusive to Japan).

Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster for PS4, which was revealed last December, features cross-save functionality (players can transfer their save and continue their progress across the PS4, PS3, and Vita versions) and the ability to switch between the original and the remastered soundtrack.

Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 were originally released on PS2 in 2001 and 2003 respectively. 

Here's some comparison images: 

original.jpg?w=800&h

IfEOnYe.png

73ozJJE.png

Edited by Azaan60

I was gonna order the PS3 collection in December but luckily found out about the PS4 remaster the same day and decided to wait.

Hope they'll announce the release date for the FFVII remaster soon as well. FFXIII is probably next.

Is there an upgrade fee?  Already got the Plat for X and about half way through X-2 (I'l get around to finishing it eventually lol) on PS3...can't see myself paying out full price for this again on PS4...just for a few tweaks.   Although, the thought of having to do that sphere grid all over again...think Squeenix might have to pay me!  :)

Until there is a "skip cutscene" button on FFX, I won't buy it! XP

Why skip one of the most important things in the game? :o It's not like the cut scenes are long in FFX, in fact, they are rather few and short.... o.O

• Like 1

I would love to give it another go but I really don't see much of a drastic difference yet to make me buy it again and I am very happy with my collector's edition. I do highly recommend for anyone to get it if they did not get the chance to do so before. Still, anytime I see games and art illustrations bundled together, it makes my heart flutter due to my strong affinity for both.

• Like 1

Wow, PS4 is really the portstation.

That's the thing keeping me from one so far. There are a few games I want but for the most part it is either PS3 remakes or games that are also available on Vita.

They need more games that make me say "I need a PS4 for that"

• Like 1

Why skip one of the most important things in the game? :o It's not like the cut scenes are long in FFX, in fact, they are rather few and short.... o.O

Because I already watched them on the PS2 and PS3. Watching all cutscenes a third time is ridiculous. And I thought there were quite a lot of cutscenes. XP

• Like 1

Because I already watched them on the PS2 and PS3. Watching all cutscenes a third time is ridiculous. And I thought there were quite a lot of cutscenes. XP

I'm with you here. It is completely unbearable. A lot of the cutscenes are long, and the dialogue can be cringe worthy at times. And there are a lot of cutscenes of them just standing around and talking. Plus if you die, you have to watch them all over again lol. I still love the game, but not being able to skip the cutscenes was the most disappointing thing about the remastered version for me. 

Edited by Lilseb93
  • Like 1