Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

aWB6kRy.png

Announcement Trailer

PAX East Gameplay

Bethesda Blog — Before The New Order...

… there was The Old Blood!
This morning we’re excited to announce what our friends and colleagues at MachineGames are up to: an all-new standalone prequel to everyone’s favorite Nazi-blasting first-person shooter of 2014, Wolfenstein: The New Order!

Arriving digitally on May 5th for $19.99/£14.99 /€19.99/$39.95 AUS on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood takes our hero BJ Blazkowicz back to the year 1946 in an adventure that spans eight chapters and two interconnected stories (released together) that will lead into the events you know and love from The New Order.

Part one of Wolfenstein: The Old Blood – Rudi Jäger and the Den of Wolves — pits BJ Blazkowicz against a maniacal prison warden as he breaks into Castle Wolfenstein in an attempt to steal the coordinates to General Deathshead’s compound. In part two – The Dark Secrets of Helga Von Schabbs – our hero’s search for the coordinates leads him to the city of Wulfburg where an obsessed Nazi archaeologist is exhuming mysterious artifacts that threaten to unleash a dark and ancient power.

For a first look, watch our announcement trailer in the embed above, and this weekend at PAX East, look for our two-part livestream happening on Twitch.TV/Twitch at 10:30 am est on both Friday, March 6th and Saturday, March 7th.

Excited to see more Wolfenstein action. Edited by TriggerTortoise

Here's hoping it has a platinum. 

I don't care if it has a platinum or not to be honest. The New Order was excellent. If this continues that level of quality a Platinum or not shouldn't matter in the slightest. Be excited and optimistic about the game itself rather than the arbitrary trophy list that might come with it.

Only slapped the trailer in for now (on my phone).

Excited to see more Wolfenstein action.

I just watch the trailer and I'm excited. I haven't even played the first one but I'll be getting it next week. It would be so awesome if Marvel and BSoftworks can come together and incorporate The Red Skull. 

I don't care if it has a platinum or not to be honest. The New Order was excellent. If this continues that level of quality a Platinum or not shouldn't matter in the slightest. Be excited and optimistic about the game itself rather than the arbitrary trophy list that might come with it.

Don't tell me how to feel buddy. :) 

You have your standards, I have mine. 

Don't tell me how to feel buddy. :)

You have your standards, I have mine. 

I was expressing my opinion through generalization based on your comment, but seeing as there is a bit of... passive aggressive sensitivity involved - I profusely apologize for giving the impression that I was specifically telling you how to feel. 

92d3ddf16b9ba798f57a1c80d0b8d1a1f0cbb44e :)

I was expressing my opinion through generalization based on your comment, but seeing as there is a bit of... passive aggressive sensitivity involved - I profusely apologize for giving the impression that I was specifically telling you how to feel. 

92d3ddf16b9ba798f57a1c80d0b8d1a1f0cbb44e  :)

I'm not being passive aggressive at all.. I'm just saying, you play games for the game.. I play games mostly for the trophies. 

I have no interest in changing your opinion and you should have no interest in changing mind. 

As long as you're happy and having fun.. who cares?

Obligatory post of ~20min gameplay from PAX East. Saw a couple minutes of it but I won't watch more since The Old Blood will only be so long given it's not a full installment and it'll play more or less the same as The New Order, with a few additions (obviously not attempting to undersell it since The New Order was amazing and they're not trying to reinvent the wheel).