Comments & Critique Center

cmgravekeeper

I'd appreciate any comments and critiques of this. I was gonna enter it into the SOTM, but it didn't fit the theme.

O6TGLHw.png

Below was my first attempted version. It felt a little too simple so I added the background and a few effects.

5ibcSub.png

If it helps to give me advice, this was the render I used.

I'll not bother commenting on the first version you did since you already know that was too simple.. that is fine though if you're planning a signature, some of mines look like that for a bit as I like to work out where effects etc will go sometimes.

As for the final version, I like the FX you added.  But the character is very overexposed, having a hard time making out their facial features in that version.  Text looks okay and is nicely blended, I almost thought there was no text until I noticed it on the gun.

Overall, the render looked like it would have made a nice vertical than horizontal, you don't need to fit the whole render into the signature like you were doing here.

• Like 1

Just got home and finished my first vertical sig ever ! I'd like some feedback please :S

27aoJiT.png

Not bad for a first Vertical.  I like the FX although I feel like it could have had the Vibrance upped a bit, looks very dull compared to the character.

Text placement looks good.  I would have not have used as many Layer Styles on "Yami" tho.  You could have done without the outerglow imo.

Overall, nice looking signature, KIU.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I just want to start this post by saying that I am a total noob when it comes to photoshop and creating signatures. This is my first ever attempt and I want to learn this form of art! I will be making a new signature for each game I play with that games theme - so after a few games I might get some kind of hang of this.

hLgVNqz.png

In advance - thanks.

Edited by IRATEEE-

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/11/2016 at 11:04 PM, IRATEEE- said:

I just want to start this post by saying that I am a total noob when it comes to photoshop and creating signatures. This is my first ever attempt and I want to learn this form of art! I will be making a new signature for each game I play with that games theme - so after a few games I might get some kind of hang of this.

hLgVNqz.png

In advance - thanks.

This is actually pretty good for a first attempt.

I like the text, it fits well.

Only thing I could maybe suggest for this is to ditch the blue effects behind the character and work on your lighting more. There's been no lighting done in this signature which means the character isn't really blended well to the scene. Other than that, good work.

Here's my most recent signature.

Purple is present a lot since this is my favorite color.

I'm not new to GFX. I've been doing GFX for 1 year 1/2 now.

Most of my stuff is on my deviantArt.

I chose to have a more personal signature instead of a "trophy showoff" signature.

I just wish the height limit was not 400px.

fDcfCe6.jpg

Edited by furryTay

• 3 months later...

Thought I would share a signature I finally finished after working on it for two weeks at school. I am open to any sort of criticism and any feedback would be appreciated. This is my third ever signature I have created so I am still new to sig making. For a comparison, the signature of Cammy is the first ever signature I have made.

Here is the signature:

bLtqL5j.jpg

And here is the render I used:

1FfQefM.jpg

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2018 at 2:03 AM, ReverzerO- said:

I have nothing to do this day so I tried updating my banner thou it feels like I'm still missing some outer layer effects! p.s it seems gfx in this section is dead?! I wonder what happened?!

Anyway any critique are welcome",

TvJ1UHn.gif

I really like it. 

But if I had to give some sort of criticism, I would say I would have to agree with you on the outer layer effects.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt though. I still am very new to signature making and may have no idea what I'm talking about lol.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shinobi said:

I really like it. 

But if I had to give some sort of criticism, I would say I would have to agree with you on the outer layer effects.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt though. I still am very new to signature making and may have no idea what I'm talking about lol.

Thanks I'm about to sleep on this but yes maybe it lacks of outer effects but I'm afraid my laptop will terribly lag with too much layers like my animated sig. I'm using core2duo with defective video. Maybe I try to put a few effects/animation thou",

Btw, do you have new signatures? Your last post is last year lol",

1 hour ago, ReverzerO- said:

Btw, do you have new signatures? Your last post is last year lol",

I've made several. However, they all are very basic and just quick workups. My last 'real' signature I worked hard on is the one in this thread.

I did think about working on another 'real' signature the other day. I may take myself up on that and see what I can come up within the next couple of weeks.

If you check out the "about me'' section on my profile and scroll down close to the bottom you can see all the signatures I've made if you're curious ;)

On 2/27/2018 at 1:29 PM, Shinobi said:

If you check out the "about me'' section on my profile and scroll down close to the bottom you can see all the signatures I've made if you're curious ;)

I saw them and they are all nice", Your profile is lively unlike mine,, so empty. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ReverzerO- said:

I saw them and they are all nice", Your profile is lively unlike mine,, so empty. 

Thanks! Mine used to be such an eyesore, it was just a wall of text which I only recently changed months ago. I did a major overhaul and I ultimately like the result.

On 2/28/2018 at 11:37 PM, Shinobi said:

Thanks! Mine used to be such an eyesore, it was just a wall of text which I only recently changed months ago. I did a major overhaul and I ultimately like the result.

Nice", What if I do the same thing you did in your profile?! But what should put a bunch of animated sigs lol", I have a bunch of static images but mostly they are requests from different forums.

I haven't started to update the banner maybe I put 1 effect and thats it. I moved to create a new sig, I only did a draft today, maybe you can suggest any",

mhWdGtQ.gif

1 hour ago, ReverzerO- said:

Nice", What if I do the same thing you did in your profile?! But what should put a bunch of animated sigs lol", I have a bunch of static images but mostly they are requests from different forums.

I haven't started to update the banner maybe I put 1 effect and thats it. I moved to create a new sig, I only did a draft today, maybe you can suggest any",

mhWdGtQ.gif

If you want you can do the same thing I did with the signatures. A lot of people like to do that. Even if that is the only thing in your "about me" page.

I don't have any suggestions for you. I personally try to make ones with games I enjoy that I am currently playing.

^

Okay I will try later", 

How about this I'm practicing the smudge tool in this image? I rarely use this tool to catch a wider dimension p.s. changing the blending I usually use. 

NpRVlkf.jpg

Hg6Ut5E.jpg

edit: this is the last, it feels maybe not sure I'm spamming on this thread!

Edited by ReverzerO-
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ReverzerO- said:

How about this I'm practicing the smudge tool in this image? I rarely use this tool to catch a wider dimension p.s. changing the blending I usually use. 

NpRVlkf.jpg

Hg6Ut5E.jpg

Looks nice!

I also created a little something like I said I would try to do. It was my first time using a new program so I followed a video showing me how to basic things and some advanced things and I think I created something decent (At least in my opinion). I much prefer the program over Gimp once I got the hang of everything though. I will be sticking with it from this point on. Any feedback/suggestions for improvement are welcome!

Here is the signature:

YMHIDqi.png

And here is the render I used:

mnvDxKS.png

I think next time I will use a better render; one that doesn't make creating a nice background difficult lol.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Shinobi said:

Looks nice!

I also created a little something like I said I would try to do. It was my first time using a new program so I followed a video showing me how to basic things and some advanced things and I think I created something decent (At least in my opinion). I much prefer the program over Gimp once I got the hang of everything though. I will be sticking with it from this point on. Any feedback/suggestions for improvement are welcome!

I think next time I will use a better render; one that doesn't make creating a nice background difficult lol.

Cool", this is better than the last post/sig you made", The prev was a bit overpowered and the main render should be in the right part to hide the edge unless you can manipulate that part!

For the new sig I think the color scheme is uniform! Try using a background and effects that standout to your main render! Also add some styles to your typography that standout to all and be aware of resizing your renders that will cause a broken pixels like the latest banner I did, from 1920x520 to 500x135 just for posting purposes", Uniform color scheme is nice unless your main render is sharper than your background.

If a pro suggest, they usually say for more depths!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ReverzerO- said:

Cool", this is better than the last post/sig you made", The prev was a bit overpowered and the main render should be in the right part to hide the edge unless you can manipulate that part!

For the new sig I think the color scheme is uniform! Try using a background and effects that standout to your main render! Also add some styles to your typography that standout to all and be aware of resizing your renders that will cause a broken pixels like the latest banner I did, from 1920x520 to 500x135 just for posting purposes", Uniform color scheme is nice unless your main render is sharper than your background.

If a pro suggest, they usually say for more depths!

Thanks for the response! You make very nice suggestions. I'll be sure to take them into consideration for my next signature! ;)

On 3/6/2018 at 0:49 PM, Shinobi said:

Thanks for the response! You make very nice suggestions. I'll be sure to take them into consideration for my next signature! ;)

Welcome", btw, I finished my banner and I want to ask if it is ok to put 2 flickering lights?

v8nPooX.gif

On 3/12/2018 at 10:54 PM, Shinobi said:

I think the 2 flickering lights are fine. Nice banner!

Thanks", 

Care to critique on my new avatar? I've been doin'  this 4hrs manipulating the blinking eyes and adding some matrix style for the shade. Nevermind the watermelon thou the avatar isn't finish yet ",

jBf2ZSF.gif

Render used:

cxddl9H.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ReverzerO- said:

Thanks", 

Care to critique on my new avatar? I've been doin'  this 4hrs manipulating the blinking eyes and adding some matrix style for the shade. Nevermind the watermelon thou the avatar isn't finish yet ",

jBf2ZSF.gif

Render used:

cxddl9H.jpg

I really like it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...
On 5/17/2018 at 12:23 PM, ReverzerO- said:

Avatar is done, any critique are welcome", I still want to improve",

OIR4bBE.gif

&

Goodnight 12:23am here",

Looks fire, what programs are you guys using to make these? lol I know I'm a little late to the thread.

• Like 1