About expert trials

So I have a question about the expert trial.

I had completed one but left the other one unfinished, thought of tackling it when i was stronger. But after doing a main mission, the expert trials got replaced by 2 new ones.

My question: seeing as you need to liberate all locations for a trophy, have I 'missed' this trophy or can i find this trial somewhere?

I also read somewhere that the cities get liberated anyway and you only have to visit them.

Can someone help me?

If you weren't able to do the trial at that point, then no, you can't do it later, and only some of the places you have to visit get liberated as the story goes on, not all of them. Do you recall the name of the Expert Trial? The ones that you must do in order to liberate the locations for The Great Liberator are "The Keziah Diversion", "United Front", "Expelling the Empire", and "Covering the Cadets" If you missed any, especially the last one, then I believe you cannot get the trophy this playthrough.

Actually you don't have to do any of the expert trials until chapter 4 or 5.

Covering for cadets or something and the one that appears after that for the beast master trophy. So as long as you do the expert trials from chapter 4/5, you won't miss anything.

There's only 2 cities that are optional liberations

Meroe and toguagh

Meroe gets liberated chapter 5 with expert trial: covering the cadets.

Toguagh is liberated in chapter 5 as well via a story mission where you MUST select yes to the sortie part.

Also make sure you've entered all the towns.

• Like 1

Sorry to butt in on this topic, but I'm still confused. Apparently I forgot to do one of those expert trials on my first playthrough, since I didn't get the trophy.

I do have a save file in Chapter 3 and the next expert trial i could do is "The Keziah Division". Is there any expert trial i could've missed at this point that I need to get the trophy?  :S

Sorry to butt in on this topic, but I'm still confused. Apparently I forgot to do one of those expert trials on my first playthrough, since I didn't get the trophy.

I do have a save file in Chapter 3 and the next expert trial i could do is "The Keziah Division". Is there any expert trial i could've missed at this point that I need to get the trophy?  :S

It's like Voragoras says, I think.

after receiving advice, I just went on and didn't do a lot of expert trials.

I did do the expert trial and the sortie on chapter 5, and after that I got the trophy.

So I believe you don't have to do expert trials, just make sure to visit the cities after they get liberated when you progress through the story

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

5 years late, but for anyone who reads in the future. Expert Trials are also how you can get "The Beastmaster" rather early in the game. You can have 6 by the very end of Chapter 3, I missed grabbing the SO for the Rubicante from the end of the chapter 3, Luckily I had saved right before the fight so I could just go back and immediately try again.

• 7 months later...
On 22/03/2015 at 8:58 AM, Exponention said:

There's only 2 cities that are optional liberations

Meroe and toguagh

Meroe gets liberated chapter 5 with expert trial: covering the cadets.

Toguagh is liberated in chapter 5 as well via a story mission where you MUST select yes to the sortie part.

Also make sure you've entered all the towns.

Just confirming the above is correct, I did the covering the cadets expert trial in chapter 5 (which was a really hard if you haven't done the level glitch but doable) and did the sortie part of chapter 5 and got the trophy in chapter 7

Edited by zachpicc