DriveClub developer Evolution set to lose 55 staff, sources say!

ZeroXOF

Read more at Eurogamer.net:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-23-driveclub-developer-set-to-lose-55-staff-sources-say

Quote from the article: "Evolution Studios, the developer of PlayStation 4-exclusive racing game DriveClub, is set to lose 55 staff, sources familiar with the matter have told Eurogamer.Two independent sources close to the studio mentioned the 55 figure to Eurogamer after the cuts were announced to staff at the Runcorn-based developer last Friday, 20th March.

That's roughly half of the studio, sources say, with the redundancies affecting permanent staff. One source indicated some of the 55 may be retained as contractors, but that's up in the air at this point."

I'm kinda conflicted about this news. It's sad but they knew if they mess about with the consumer, stuff like this would happen. 

I think we can forget about the driveclub ps+ edition

I think the other half are working on it. That said, I thought DC broke 1 mil sales? These were the clear problems:

1.Delaying it.

2.Put the release date near Forza Horizon 2.

3.PS version could have probably killed their sales (I heard that one could obtain the platinum without the full retail version, who thought that would be a good idea?)

4.We wanted a new Motor-storm. 

5.Driving games aren't special as they were before.

6. Gameplay was bad but the graphics were too awesome I need to think of a new word to call it. 

they just should  give up on ps+ version and give full in few months

That would be financial suicide, I hear that games take at least 1 year to gain a massive part of their sales before they look at them as successful. If they released a full version in a few months, they may lose out on any remaining profits to be made. 

Edited by BearShark